forum

vs. CPU & CPU mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Alex311360
Let me just explain the 2 subjects.

vs. CPU
vs. CPU would be a seperate gamemode, that works for any gamemode. It plays like regular multiplayer, and can have at least 3 bots.

Bots can be adjusted, by using a level system, 1-9. 1 being the easiest, 9 being the hardest. A 10 mode could be implemented, but it'd probably be like Perfect's "SS or quit" thing.

Level will adjust how well the bots will play. If it is low, they will not have good timing and miss often. If it is high, they will be good and usually get 300s and 100s often. They can miss, or get 50s, though.

Gameplay will be like multiplayer, as said earlier. Bot's scores will be shown to the left. Names could be like osu!bot, or just random ones made up by the devs.

Moving on to the next subject,

CPU mod

CPU is like the before thing, but mainly for amusement. This doesn't really need to be implemented, but it could be for fun.

Stepmania has a AutoPlayCPU that plays like a human. It can miss, get lower timing scores, and is a hidden feature.

It could be the same thing in osu!. A hidden mod (or just one of the double click mods), that does the same thing in Stepmania.

This would be unranked, and is mainly for amusement. A dumb idea I had is to make a CPU leaderboard, where players could submit scores of their CPU's score, and submit it to that specific leaderboard (supporter only?)

These are just a few ideas I came up with when I was bored.
Oinari-sama
The idea of playing against AI bots has been brought up before, in the form of story/rpg (t/146634), but didn't end well (denied). That's the closest to what you're asking for at the moment.

As for mp with bots (this is really just solo in another form), I don't think that's worth the effort and it goes against the idea of multiplayer interaction. You're better off supporting requests for playing against replays (eg t/11114).