waxman

Dulcet wrote:

( ´・ω ・)

It's CPU tho....

IppE
Future Fade

Tanzklaue wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

nowadays, it's 99% preferation. i personally swear on nvidia, other prefer radeon. nvidia is faster, but also more expensive and more consuming on your electrics bill. AMD is cheaper, slower, but many games get optimized for AMD cards first.
Actually I heard nvidia cards are more power efficient and run cooler.

i also only now realized that waxman confused Ati and AMD. well, replace AMD with Ati in my statement and it should work out still.

in case of processors, again, if nothing changed, intel is far superior and most intel processors beat AMD ones easily when in the same price range.

then again i am no computerexpert and there is more that goes into performance than raw power, synergy is important too.

Kanye West wrote:

My friend has an R9 290 and the thing sounds like a leaf blower on max setting.
that would be a new development, last time i checked nvidia cards consumed electricity like anime consumes souls.
Urgh.... Here we go again heh...

Intel by most account are faster in single threaded peformance like most things are out there. AMD in other hand does good on multitasking. Both party are good at multitasking and single thread, only intel wins... in terms of single thread peformance. Its generaly accepted, BUT the REAL WORLD APPLICATION PEFORMANCE IS NEGLEGABLE.

Second AMD CPU runs generally hot when using STOCK fans. Or stocks gpu what ever they called. BUT NOT ALWAYS.
(My fx 8320(OC - Aftermarket cooler) runs idle 55 C and gaming 60C. While my GT 770(OC) runs idle 55.C and load 70 - 75C).

Also not to mention i buy videocards base on price peformance and what for i will use for(Generally gaming.. ofc xD.).

This website proves that amd is NOT slower then nvidia(A little, maybe xd) . They are doing pretty fine. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-8.html

You can look to the recommendations etc.

Have fun. Now I need to find other sources but oh well.

TL:DR: IGNORE THE FANS BOYS, IGNORE HATERS, IGNORE PEOPLE WHO DOESNT HAVE FIRST HAND, SAFE SOME MONEY. GET BETTER GRAPHIC CARDS OR MOTHERBOARD OR MEMORY. INTEL OR AMD. WHAT EVER. THEY ARE BOTH FINE - Source jaystwocents (proberly copied some xd)

Uh i guess the youtube url is bugged?

oh well:
AMD vs Intel For Gaming PC 2014 Edition - Battlefield 4 Commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvLRZxRL8N8&list=UUkWQ0gDrqOCarmUKmppD7GQ
Gaming PC Myths Part 3!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA3KEMDrvxM&list=UUXGgrKt94gR6lmN4aN3mYTg
Gaming PC Myths Part Two!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kfN4A-8OT4
Gaming PC Myths!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP88nWrHAkE
Corin
>Intel
>Graphics cards
You sure there mate?
Also AMD is always behind with technology it seems, only reason AMD is good on battlefield is because "M-MUH MANTLE AMD SHILLING AND BENCHMARKS" and purposfully limited Nvidia cards. And then Nvidia released new drivers that bypassed it and suddenly a GTX680 surpasses the latest AMD card on it.
Well done bellends.

Nvidia is better for your wallet and better in performance anyways so.
Best buy would be Nvidia.
IppE
AMD Graphics cards are at least decent, but the GPU division isn't originally AMD so that explains it.
B1rd

Corin wrote:

In Australia the 290 is $150 cheaper than the 780 and performs the same. The 290X is the same spice and performs better. soo...

you don't know what you're talking about
IppE
Maybe electricity prices are sillyhigh in britbongland and he was talking about power efficiency?

But yes, Corin is quite silly.
Corin

IppE wrote:

Maybe electricity prices are sillyhigh in britbongland and he was talking about power efficiency?

The 290 also doubles as a room heater and if you wire it up to the house with watercooling you no longer need a boiler, not to mention my housemates one is noisey as fuck with stock cooler (I think his is a saphire).

Down here it's like a £50 difference between the 780 and the 290 but I'd rather pay an extra £50, have better drivers and not have a wind tunnel in my room.
It's 30c here, it's hot enough in the UK.

Also I think IppE is right, power consumption is lower but I don't pay the electric bill so I don't care too much.
B1rd
The 290 offers a better performance for price ratio, while the 780 is quiter and cooler. So you should just admit that both sides have their pros and cons, instead of hating on the other side like a fanboy.
Corin

B1rd wrote:

The 290 offers a better performance for price ratio, while the 780 is quiter and cooler. So you should just admit that both sides have their pros and cons, instead of hating on the other side like a fanboy.
>Fanboying
I have a HD5870 in my laptop...
Ven
nVidia if you have the cash and want to for the best master race experience
AMD if you are on a budget
IppE

Corin wrote:

have better drivers
The nvidia drivers (WHQL ones) crash fairly often for me and geforce experience is just a load of poop (bluescreens when you update it etc.)

I wouldn't call that better, unless the AMD ones refuse to work completely.
VoidnOwO

Corin wrote:

The 290 also doubles as a room heater and if you wire it up to the house with watercooling you no longer need a boiler
Future Fade

Corin wrote:

>Intel
>Graphics cards
You sure there mate?
Also AMD is always behind with technology it seems, only reason AMD is good on battlefield is because "M-MUH MANTLE AMD SHILLING AND BENCHMARKS" and purposfully limited Nvidia cards. And then Nvidia released new drivers that bypassed it and suddenly a GTX680 surpasses the latest AMD card on it.
Well done bellends.

Corin wrote:

IppE wrote:

The 290 also doubles as a room heater and if you wire it up to the house with watercooling you no longer need a boiler, not to mention my housemates one is noisey as fuck with stock cooler (I think his is a saphire).

Down here it's like a £50 difference between the 780 and the 290 but I'd rather pay an extra £50, have better drivers and not have a wind tunnel in my room.
It's 30c here, it's hot enough in the UK.

Also I think IppE is right, power consumption is lower but I don't pay the electric bill so I don't care too much.
Alright. Lets the argument battle begin shall we?

Now you friend use A REFERENCE design of 290. NO !@#*!@$*!@#!@ ITS HOT AND NOISY BECASUE EVERY (good ) REVIEW WEBSITE POINT THIS OUT.... * FACE PALM*

Hmm amd behind? Hmmm... are you stuck in time or so? I dont believe amd is behind, maybe a little late to the high end party of video cards, but hell they will come there. Even though their CPU is now outdated by the high end intel stuff(hold up there. Eventhough outdated doesn't mean they suck. It still function pretty good). Their doing pretty good in terms of technology in to the APU. The kavari stuff... Google it xD.

Now lets get the reference card out of the blue and we use non reference benchmarks and let see how 290 (And 290X also 280X) fair against other non reference 700 series, mainlyt he 780 770 and 760.

So i keep it short. So its easy. I took the images form.. The obvious titan black review because its the latest and everything is in it. If you are looking for indvidual review sources is below. If you want to read through. If not. then get back to your cave where you came from ;). Allong with all the myths and stuff with you :D. :

For the benchmark snobs folks:

Reference R290 heat, power, and noise charts:

Sources:

Also: AMD DRIVERS ARENT BAD. THEY ARE JUST AS GOOD AS NVIDIA. NOW GET OUT WHEN YOU SAY ITS BAD. BECAUSE YOU ARE STUCK IN TIME.

i love caps. heh.

And for the volks say nvidia drivers crash allot. CLEAN INSTALL THAT DRIVER AND REDO IT. I HAD NEVER BSOD ( BLUE SCREEN) AND OR PROBLEMS WITH NIVIDA DRIVER AND OR AMD. IF YOU KEEP SAYING IT CRASHES, GET OUT AS WELL.

Lots of joy put in here :D

A youtube video just pop up in my subscriptionbox. Its a non reference comparison of R9 290X:

Im a tad bit of a Nvidia Fanboy, But Ive had issues with both sides. Its not Always the driver at fault. Sometimes its your Own System Configuration.
Or something else on your system that is out of date.

Ive had Nvidia Drivers give me hell.
And the same goes for AMD on a friends system.

Best just buy the card....
Thats in your Budget
That Performs how YOU want in the games YOU play...
and has the features YOU care about

Nvidia - 3D - Geforce Experience - Shadowplay - Shield
AMD - Eyefinity - Mantle - Raptor (GFE)

Etc...

And if you have a problem, Just report in here =D - Simmons33 on tomshardware uk ( link at the source).
SPOILER
Samus comment in the : http://www.anandtech.com/show/8270/amd-q2-2014-quarterly-earnings-analysis
To most people its just as obvious Intel CPU's are superior to AMD CPU's just as nVidia GPU's are superior to AMD GPU's.

However, the superiority of nVidia GPU's are AMD GPU's aren't nearly as substantial as Intel's CPU's over AMD. The real problem with AMD GPU's are with OEM's, software quality and product cycle alignment with nVidia.

Unlike AMD CPU's, AMD GPU's are exceptionally well engineered, just as well as nVidia's, albeit entirely different approaches. This makes AMD GPU's superior for datamining (Bitcoin, etc) where a competing nVidia GPU would need to be TESLA-based, and even then not as effective at mass execution. But the downside is AMD's less powerful but more plentiful cores are no competition to nVidia's more powerful but less plentiful core's in raw texel throughput, making them better for gaming.

Which is interesting when you consider AMD GPU's are in all the game consoles. The answer to that: they're cheaper. Just like their CPU's. Console OEM's would never hit their price target using Intel CPU's and nVidia GPU's. That approach is why the original XBOX wasn't as successful as the XBOX 360. It was just too expensive compared to the PS2 and Gamecube, and even at that price Microsoft lost tons of money on it, somewhere in the order of $100/ea at launch
TL:DR... Stop with this non-sense... Both are fine in their respected way. Just dont use the reference design in any cards... Also do your research. Or overkill the research. Though have to admit picking right card is pretty hard... -.-"
Actual TL:DR: there is none...

Also: How to overkill a post. Heh Have fun reading. I would love to hear your comment on this.

I also hope people dont get me wrong on the GET OUT joke. Im proberly bad at jokes... Not a build commedian heh.. Edit1: MORE STUFF!
Cyclohexane
look here people

a well-documented, educated post with sources linked coming to a conclusion

you all need to take notes right now
IppE
but muh opinions
Future Fade

IppE wrote:

but muh opinions
If you want opinions!

Here we go!

THERE IS NONE.

done.

I have no REAL opinions, because both AMD and NVIDIA is fine(I wonder how many times I need to say this to people lol..)... Just the headache I get form choosing between them. SO MANY FEATURES T.T.
Corin
m-muh housefires tho ;_;
IppE

Corin wrote:

m-muh housefires tho ;_;
Corin
Does it use woodscrews for the ultimate fps grilling eperience?
Logograph
^Bullshit, bamboo screws is where it's at.
Sakura_rocks
NVIDIA FTW
- Marco -
*hugs his XFX HD7770*
AutoMedic

vietchinh wrote:

IppE wrote:

but muh opinions
If you want opinions!

Here we go!

THERE IS NONE.

done.

I have no REAL opinions, because both AMD and NVIDIA is fine(I wonder how many times I need to say this to people lol..)... Just the headache I get form choosing between them. SO MANY FEATURES T.T.
no
loldcraft
This argument will never be resolved.
Don't compare brands, compare products. Let the individual graphic cards stand for their merits instead of assuming all cards by 1 company exhibit the same performance trends. You can't benchmark the company, you benchmark the card.

Also, the image in the OP might be due to bad colour calibration, but then again I can't say for sure
Future Fade

loldcraft wrote:

This argument will never be resolved.
Don't compare brands, compare products. Let the individual graphic cards stand for their merits instead of assuming all cards by 1 company exhibit the same performance trends. You can't benchmark the company, you benchmark the card.

Also, the image in the OP might be due to bad colour calibration, but then again I can't say for sure

I agree on this one ;). To be fair some are just myths... (i cant come up with some, just google, proberly find allot. What to google: CPu myths? Amd myths? Nvidia myths?)

There will be always fanboys in every catagory. So.. the argument will never settle, like you said before ^^.
Cyclohexane
w-who intel here
IppE

Mr Color wrote:

w-who intel here
Intel on loonix is suffering.
UnderminE
Sakura problems
Lewder
i love how the moron said the argument will never end while bumping a thread that everyone wanted dead and that had remained quiet for the last three days
loldcraft
I love how this person is so selfish that they don't see that others might still be interested in opinions regarding issues with no one sided conclusion, and assumes EVERYONE wants a thread dead, when there are clearly still opinions being offered.
Lewder
you sure told me
loldcraft
Oh right, I'm supposed to order people around in plain English, because that's how people like to be treated.
However, I can't seem to simplify "Don't compare brands, compare products" any further. I apologise for being unable to dumb myself down any more.

I'll try anyway: If you are going to compare brands, as some people have been doing, you will get no helpful conclusions. However, you should compare specific products and their relevant alternatives/counterparts to help people come to an informed conclusion/buying decision.
Lewder
i'm going to let you sit on your high horse and be condescending, you seem to enjoy thinking you're better than others for trivial reasons and your signature but strengthens that.
literally every post after yours has been a shitpost apart from that one guy who replied to you adding fuckall in terms of discussion. this is all even ignoring the fact that this thread was doomed to begin with; have you even read the OP?
Corin

Mr Color wrote:

w-who intel here
oy vey

Lewder wrote:

you sure told me
ha
loldcraft
SPOILER
Calls me a moron because you don't understand my point, tells me I'm condescending and shitposting when I explain. I have no idea what you want with me, and i'll let you assume this thread is doomed while ignoring anything that has been contributed thus far. As it stands the OP brings up a very good point of colour issues with graphics cards and prompts good discussion, so I fail to see how it dooms the thread, and in fact find it useful.

Also, I don't to see how a signature that tells people that "Even though i'm not up for grammar nazi grade nitpicking, it's still annoying to read sentences that are so grammatically wrong that it makes no sense" makes me condescending, especially if i'm admitting that I will misspell and screw up once in a while.

Therefore, I shall let you sit on your high horse and be condescending, as you seem to enjoy criticizing people that are trying to steer the discussion in the right direction while thinking that any attempt at defending oneself is considered a form of looking down on others.

On topic:
To give intel credit, their iris graphics thing looks promising for the notebooks that want to get rid of the GPU to save some (alot of) battery.
Although their quick SYNC for video encoding makes the audio anything but in sync.

Corin wrote:

Counter of people who read that: 0
lets hope it stays that way, before someone helpfully misinterprets it again (also hid it in a spoilebox to prevent mess)
Corin

loldcraft wrote:

Calls me a moron because you don't understand my point, tells me I'm condescending and shitposting when I explain. I have no idea what you want with me, and i'll let you assume this thread is doomed while ignoring anything that has been contributed thus far. As it stands the OP brings up a very good point of colour issues with graphics cards and prompts good discussion, so I fail to see how it dooms the thread, and in fact find it useful.

Also, I don't to see how a signature that tells people that "Even though i'm not up for grammar nazi grade nitpicking, it's still annoying to read sentences that are so grammatically wrong that it makes no sense" makes me condescending, especially if i'm admitting that I will misspell and screw up once in a while.

Therefore, I shall let you sit on your high horse and be condescending, as you seem to enjoy criticizing people that are trying to steer the discussion in the right direction while thinking that any attempt at defending oneself is considered a form of looking down on others.
Counter of people who read that: 3
Bweh

loldcraft wrote:

me a moron
Good grief da ze

Your only post of worth was your first one; all the other ones have just been reacting to Lewder Von Kilts or reiterating the same thing. Your initial statement of "this argument will never be resolved" is practically contradictory since it's coming from the same guy who revived the dying argument and is, again, trying to come to a new resolution. Might as well not even mention that if you're just going to pitch in your opinion on the topic. The recent inactivity should also spell a few things about that too.

Your signature gives off an air of condescension. Your statements say more about yourself than anything else seeing how you're carrying a grammar book everywhere and expect anyone reading your signature to compare themselves to a grade schooler and follow your standards. I mean shit, it's not really something you bring up as a general topic unless you wanted to make a point about yourself.

Them yet again you and Lewder seem like natural jerks to me so w/e, personal attacks about each other's personality shouldn't really matter.
UnderminE

Corin wrote:

Counter of people who read that: 0
shit you got me
IppE
Jokes on you corin, I read it all.
show more