fuck up again and your posts are gone
>Conversation

waxman wrote:

R9 290 BBQ 27C ROOM TEMPERATURE :arrow: 83C GG

waxman wrote:

Stream up!
New Card XXXXX :arrow: http://www.twitch.tv/waxmanperopero

waxman wrote:

The brand that you like is your best brand.

In my opinion, AMD's GPUs have good colors ( Black, White ). Black is really black. White is really white. I want to call it Mr color. XD

So I took AMD products ( XXXXX=R9 290 ). I don't hate NVIDIA tho. GTX760 was good cost-performance. To play osu! is great enough...
Sure looks like quality conversations to me :^)

Either that or your "standards" suddenly took a heavy dip.
Topic Starter
waxman
2014/06/04 DATA

IppE

Pretty much sums it up.
Kanye West
Wow that TDP on the 295x2 is insane. No wonder it needs a liquid cooler, holy shit.
B1rd
I kept up to date with GPUs when I built my PC a while ago, I think my observation was that AMD card were much better for their price than Nvidia, although Nvidia was the leader when it came to top end cards. I think that's still true.

IppE wrote:

That was 3 generations ago.

this is relevant for the reference 290s now. Nvidia is nice and cool.
Witch Mercy
I'm a NVIDIA fan. :3
Vuelo Eluko
geforce beats both of these crap companies
IppE

Riince wrote:

geforce beats both of these crap companies
Tanzklaue
did you guys know that even if someone changed his name, the ignore function still tracks them? fascinating.

this proves that peppy once knew how to do webdesign.
Vuelo Eluko

Tanzklaue wrote:

did you guys know that even if someone changed his name, the ignore function still tracks them? fascinating.

you should make a thread about it
Corin

Tanzklaue wrote:

>Implying
It goes by UID you bellend.
The footer of the osu! website says otherwise about pebbles and webdesign
loldcraft
NVIDIA has more utilities, shadowplay might be a gamebreaker, but MSI afterburner works fine too.
then again optimus screws up on linux, so its really hard to choose.

pics related
IppE

Corin wrote:

>not removing the footer with custom styles
Corin

IppE wrote:

Corin wrote:

>not removing the footer with custom styles
>Bothing with such a thing on a site like osu!
shit I never even scroll down that far, normally it's just locked threads anyways so I jsut ignore that section of the site.
Only time I see it is when replying
Trash Boat

Tanzklaue wrote:

>implying that he changed his name just to avoid that
Vuelo Eluko

Trash Boat wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

>implying that he changed his name just to avoid that
i didnt change it i unchanged it for personal reasons i dont want to get into
Trash Boat
you unchang- what?
Ryu Sei
Intel, deal with it.
Off-Topic
For the not-so-logical discussions.
Ask GD~~
----
OOT: Oh what? Did I missed something?
DaddyCoolVipper
Nvidia's definitely better at the higher ranges.
Future Fade
The Conclusion is ; Both brands have it's pros and cons. Which brand you choose depends on what you use. Shopping for graphics card can be difficult due to ammount of "FEATURES" there is for each brand...

Life of consumer heh...
Topic Starter
waxman
CUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

According to my study about CUDA.

Calculation Speed ( calculation 10^8 times )

CPU i7 -2700K  :arrow: 97.507 s
GTX 560      :arrow: 39.486 s

Im so noob as this study. peppy is much better ;w;
Kanye West
CUDA OP.
IppE
Cuda (and OpenCL) is only good for stuff thats easily parallelizable, since GPUs are all about tons of weak cores.

Plus I wouldn't really called a closed API a selling point when you could just be using OpenCL which works on both brands.
Lewder
waxman you seem oddly invested in trying to justify your purchase, you really don't need to justify it but you don't need to call the other brand shit either just enjoy the video games your GPU can run holy shti
Topic Starter
waxman
btw too big size 28 cm \^o^/

It's like my pencil. XD and BBQ'd
B1rd
I would be sad If I bought a reference 290. non-reference are so much better.
Topic Starter
waxman

B1rd wrote:

I would be sad If I bought a reference 290. non-reference are so much better.
BBQ??????? XD
Foxtrot

( ´・ω ・)
Topic Starter
waxman

Dulcet wrote:

( ´・ω ・)

It's CPU tho....

IppE
Future Fade

Tanzklaue wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

nowadays, it's 99% preferation. i personally swear on nvidia, other prefer radeon. nvidia is faster, but also more expensive and more consuming on your electrics bill. AMD is cheaper, slower, but many games get optimized for AMD cards first.
Actually I heard nvidia cards are more power efficient and run cooler.

i also only now realized that waxman confused Ati and AMD. well, replace AMD with Ati in my statement and it should work out still.

in case of processors, again, if nothing changed, intel is far superior and most intel processors beat AMD ones easily when in the same price range.

then again i am no computerexpert and there is more that goes into performance than raw power, synergy is important too.

Kanye West wrote:

My friend has an R9 290 and the thing sounds like a leaf blower on max setting.
that would be a new development, last time i checked nvidia cards consumed electricity like anime consumes souls.
Urgh.... Here we go again heh...

Intel by most account are faster in single threaded peformance like most things are out there. AMD in other hand does good on multitasking. Both party are good at multitasking and single thread, only intel wins... in terms of single thread peformance. Its generaly accepted, BUT the REAL WORLD APPLICATION PEFORMANCE IS NEGLEGABLE.

Second AMD CPU runs generally hot when using STOCK fans. Or stocks gpu what ever they called. BUT NOT ALWAYS.
(My fx 8320(OC - Aftermarket cooler) runs idle 55 C and gaming 60C. While my GT 770(OC) runs idle 55.C and load 70 - 75C).

Also not to mention i buy videocards base on price peformance and what for i will use for(Generally gaming.. ofc xD.).

This website proves that amd is NOT slower then nvidia(A little, maybe xd) . They are doing pretty fine. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-8.html

You can look to the recommendations etc.

Have fun. Now I need to find other sources but oh well.

TL:DR: IGNORE THE FANS BOYS, IGNORE HATERS, IGNORE PEOPLE WHO DOESNT HAVE FIRST HAND, SAFE SOME MONEY. GET BETTER GRAPHIC CARDS OR MOTHERBOARD OR MEMORY. INTEL OR AMD. WHAT EVER. THEY ARE BOTH FINE - Source jaystwocents (proberly copied some xd)

Uh i guess the youtube url is bugged?

oh well:
AMD vs Intel For Gaming PC 2014 Edition - Battlefield 4 Commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvLRZxRL8N8&list=UUkWQ0gDrqOCarmUKmppD7GQ
Gaming PC Myths Part 3!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA3KEMDrvxM&list=UUXGgrKt94gR6lmN4aN3mYTg
Gaming PC Myths Part Two!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kfN4A-8OT4
Gaming PC Myths!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP88nWrHAkE
Corin
>Intel
>Graphics cards
You sure there mate?
Also AMD is always behind with technology it seems, only reason AMD is good on battlefield is because "M-MUH MANTLE AMD SHILLING AND BENCHMARKS" and purposfully limited Nvidia cards. And then Nvidia released new drivers that bypassed it and suddenly a GTX680 surpasses the latest AMD card on it.
Well done bellends.

Nvidia is better for your wallet and better in performance anyways so.
Best buy would be Nvidia.
IppE
AMD Graphics cards are at least decent, but the GPU division isn't originally AMD so that explains it.
B1rd

Corin wrote:

Nvidia is better for your wallet and better in performance anyways so.
Best buy would be Nvidia.
In Australia the 290 is $150 cheaper than the 780 and performs the same. The 290X is the same spice and performs better. soo...

you don't know what you're talking about
IppE
Maybe electricity prices are sillyhigh in britbongland and he was talking about power efficiency?

But yes, Corin is quite silly.
Corin

IppE wrote:

Maybe electricity prices are sillyhigh in britbongland and he was talking about power efficiency?

But yes, Corin is quite silly.
The 290 also doubles as a room heater and if you wire it up to the house with watercooling you no longer need a boiler, not to mention my housemates one is noisey as fuck with stock cooler (I think his is a saphire).

Down here it's like a £50 difference between the 780 and the 290 but I'd rather pay an extra £50, have better drivers and not have a wind tunnel in my room.
It's 30c here, it's hot enough in the UK.

Also I think IppE is right, power consumption is lower but I don't pay the electric bill so I don't care too much.
B1rd
The 290 offers a better performance for price ratio, while the 780 is quiter and cooler. So you should just admit that both sides have their pros and cons, instead of hating on the other side like a fanboy.
Corin

B1rd wrote:

The 290 offers a better performance for price ratio, while the 780 is quiter and cooler. So you should just admit that both sides have their pros and cons, instead of hating on the other side like a fanboy.
>Fanboying
I have a HD5870 in my laptop...
Ven
nVidia if you have the cash and want to for the best master race experience
AMD if you are on a budget
IppE

Corin wrote:

have better drivers
The nvidia drivers (WHQL ones) crash fairly often for me and geforce experience is just a load of poop (bluescreens when you update it etc.)

I wouldn't call that better, unless the AMD ones refuse to work completely.
show more