posted
Total Posts
show more
Lewder

apaffy wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Radeon is better than both.
What. Radeon is AMD.

Personally, haven't had any problems with my GTX 760 here. AMD seems to be usually less expensive, but my god are their drivers bad (used to own a 6770). I think it's just a matter of the most you can get out of your money, because for the vast majority of games either will function fine.
just follow practically everyone's lead and add bassist vinyl to your foes list he's not worth reading it's a miracle he's not too stupid to breathe
IppE
AMD is the #1 choice for poor people!
Top Bunk
I much prefer Nvidia. The 540M in my laptop works great still, albeit outdated. And the GTX 770 in my desktop runs everything I need on high-max beautifully. Would have got a 780 instead when building my desktop, but huge price gap there.
Topic Starter
waxman

IppE wrote:

Then, I'm one of poor people lel.
Vuelo Eluko

Lewder wrote:

just follow practically everyone's lead and add bassist vinyl to your foes list he's not worth reading it's a miracle he's not too stupid to breathe
you are a retard and all your posts are worthless. i was gonna foe you then i realized i care so little about your existence that i couldn't be bothered.
Tanzklaue
nowadays, it's 99% preferation. i personally swear on nvidia, other prefer radeon. nvidia is faster, but also more expensive and more consuming on your electrics bill. AMD is cheaper, slower, but many games get optimized for AMD cards first.
CodeS
ah
Cyclohexane
Depends on your CPU really.
Trash Boat
AMD wasn't a micro-processor brand? i suggest you Nvidia ftw. the rest of your class will envy you

ba dum tss
Lewder

Mr Color wrote:

Depends on your CPU really.
im on intel CPU and AMD GPU, how hard does this tickle your autism?
Kanye West

Tanzklaue wrote:

nowadays, it's 99% preferation. i personally swear on nvidia, other prefer radeon. nvidia is faster, but also more expensive and more consuming on your electrics bill. AMD is cheaper, slower, but many games get optimized for AMD cards first.
Actually I heard nvidia cards are more power efficient and run cooler. My friend has an R9 290 and the thing sounds like a leaf blower on max setting.
Tanzklaue

Kanye West wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Actually I heard nvidia cards are more power efficient and run cooler. My friend has an R9 290 and the thing sounds like a leaf blower on max setting.
that would be a new development, last time i checked nvidia cards consumed electricity like anime consumes souls.

i also only now realized that waxman confused Ati and AMD. well, replace AMD with Ati in my statement and it should work out still.

in case of processors, again, if nothing changed, intel is far superior and most intel processors beat AMD ones easily when in the same price range.

then again i am no computerexpert and there is more that goes into performance than raw power, synergy is important too.
IppE

Trash Boat wrote:

AMD wasn't a micro-processor brand?
They are, they just bought ATI, form where the Radeon brand comes from too.
TakuMii

IppE wrote:

Pretty much this. AMD's price-to-performance ratio on some of their cheaper cards (especially if you count their APUs) is hard to beat.

Tanzklaue wrote:

that would be a new development, last time i checked nvidia cards consumed electricity like anime consumes souls.
Well, I've heard countless times that the new GTX 750Ti is the best on the market in terms of performance-per-watt, so I'd assume that it'd at least be similar for their more powerful cards. Also, the higher-end AMD cards eat electricity for breakfast.
---

Well, my brother recently switched from Nvidia SLI to AMD Crossfire, and from what I've seen, he's been having much more issues with drivers, framerate microstutter, and general problems with games on AMD (case in point: Watch Dogs). So I'd side with Nvidia, at least for multi-GPU configurations. But as I said above, AMD might be a better option for single-GPU setups at lower budgets.

Also, I'm pretty sure AMD is infamous for turning peoples' computer rooms into saunas with their GPUs, so I'm sure Nvidia also wins on that front.
Weed
doesn't matter really afaik (I've never had dedicated graphics that wasn't nvidia. however, I've never noticed a difference when using a friends computer that had amd graphics.)

now cpu's on the other hand... i would always go for the alternative of amd (which would be intel)

I've tried amd's apu stuff and it's awful, and cpus aren't very good either (those things can literally melt)
Corin
amd has no drivers
Topic Starter
waxman
AMD vs NVIDIA - The Ultimate Question and Final Answer NCIX Tech Tips

Zelda

Tanzklaue wrote:

i also only now realized that waxman confused Ati and AMD. well, replace AMD with Ati in my statement and it should work out still.

in case of processors, again, if nothing changed, intel is far superior and most intel processors beat AMD ones easily when in the same price range.

then again i am no computerexpert and there is more that goes into performance than raw power, synergy is important too.
So basically last you checked was over 2 years ago when people were cooking eggs and bacon on the GTX 400 series ?
Better power efficiency isn't a new development at all, both AMD and Nvidia have been at it for years, though with their more recent cards (600 and 700 series), Nvidia has gotten really good at it.

That said though, I would never pay for anything even remotely related to AMD, and I feel sorry for anyone who do.
Topic Starter
waxman

CodeS wrote:

AutoMedic
AMD are for desperate people who want an expensive shitty card

Nvidia are for people who want their electric bills skyrocket to oblivion
Topic Starter
waxman

Stream up!
New Card XXXXX :arrow: http://www.twitch.tv/waxmanperopero
Corin
oh my god shut the fuck up
AutoMedic
oh my god shut the fuck up
Fabi
IppE

Sonatora wrote:

That was 3 generations ago.

Topic Starter
waxman

IppE wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

BBQ
Corin

waxman wrote:

IppE wrote:

BBQ
Text
Topic Starter
waxman
R9 290 BBQ 27C ROOM TEMPERATURE :arrow: 83C GG
Cyclohexane
fuck off this thread, corin

grown-up people are trying to have a conversation here

fuck up again and your posts are gone
Topic Starter
waxman
The brand that you like is your best brand.

In my opinion, AMD's GPUs have good colors ( Black, White ). Black is really black. White is really white. I want to call it Mr color. XD

So I took AMD products ( XXXXX=R9 290 ). I don't hate NVIDIA tho. GTX760 was good cost-performance. To play osu! is great enough...
Corin

Mr Color wrote:

fuck off this thread, corin

grown-up people are trying to have a conversation here

fuck up again and your posts are gone
>Conversation

waxman wrote:

R9 290 BBQ 27C ROOM TEMPERATURE :arrow: 83C GG

waxman wrote:

Stream up!
New Card XXXXX :arrow: http://www.twitch.tv/waxmanperopero

waxman wrote:

The brand that you like is your best brand.

In my opinion, AMD's GPUs have good colors ( Black, White ). Black is really black. White is really white. I want to call it Mr color. XD

So I took AMD products ( XXXXX=R9 290 ). I don't hate NVIDIA tho. GTX760 was good cost-performance. To play osu! is great enough...
Sure looks like quality conversations to me :^)

Either that or your "standards" suddenly took a heavy dip.
Topic Starter
waxman
2014/06/04 DATA

IppE

Pretty much sums it up.
Kanye West
Wow that TDP on the 295x2 is insane. No wonder it needs a liquid cooler, holy shit.
B1rd
I kept up to date with GPUs when I built my PC a while ago, I think my observation was that AMD card were much better for their price than Nvidia, although Nvidia was the leader when it came to top end cards. I think that's still true.

IppE wrote:

this is relevant for the reference 290s now. Nvidia is nice and cool.
Witch Mercy
I'm a NVIDIA fan. :3
Vuelo Eluko
geforce beats both of these crap companies
IppE

Riince wrote:

geforce beats both of these crap companies
Tanzklaue
did you guys know that even if someone changed his name, the ignore function still tracks them? fascinating.

this proves that peppy once knew how to do webdesign.
Vuelo Eluko

Tanzklaue wrote:

did you guys know that even if someone changed his name, the ignore function still tracks them? fascinating.

this proves that peppy once knew how to do webdesign.
you should make a thread about it
show more