forum

Introducing Royal Blue [osu!Standard | SD | Minimal | Pro]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
linkZk
After getting good feedback on reddit, I've decided to release my skin here too!

Royal Blue skin aims to keep maximum play-ability with no distractions AND still look pretty as hell.

I did this because I got bored of using 'pro' skins that had almost no color variations.. It made me feel bored after 1+ hours of playing.
This is my fourth skin (you can check the others in my signature).

I took inspiration from a loooot of skins; here are some of the biggest influences:
Sub Toxic, Nara's Skin, Niko (the one with the hexagonal cursor), Lys, Aesthetic, Luminance Thelewa Edition, Cosmos and Azer's Black 2014.

I got the cursor from Mathsma Cursor Pack.

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7nqhz ... v1.9.2.osk

Screenshots:
Mathsma
Is everything in the skin created by you? I ask because I see very familiar elements, namely the cursor, spinner elements, and hit circle. The cursor looks eerily similar to mine but resized to a smaller scale. The spinner I feel like I have seen it on some other skin but I can't remember where exactly, and the hit circle looks similar to the one in Sinch's skin but I do not know who made it originally.
ziogio
I've tried the skin just now.

I've seen many elements of the other skin but if you credits anyone I think that's ok.

I'm in love with my current skin, but I like this too. I think there aren't... colors, you know. Too full of white.. :/

I'm not going to use that as my "principal" skin, but I enjoy changing it sometimes and this is definitely a really good skin! Thanks for your work and keep updating it! :)
Topic Starter
linkZk

Mathsma wrote:

Is everything in the skin created by you? I ask because I see very familiar elements, namely the cursor, spinner elements, and hit circle. The cursor looks eerily similar to mine but resized to a smaller scale. The spinner I feel like I have seen it on some other skin but I can't remember where exactly, and the hit circle looks similar to the one in Sinch's skin but I do not know who made it originally.
Most elements were taken form other skins, but I did small variations to most elements! For example, I found the hitcircle.png in Kamui's Random Stuff folder; But I changed the opacity and color levels to make it more transparent and whiter.

I got the numbers from Luminance Skin.. and the cursor from some cursor pack I found here in the osu forums, but I did resize the cursor... and so on.

I did mention the skins where I got elements from, but then again... most skins are made by gathering elements from other skins. Sorry if thats a problem, I just wanted to share the skin.
Topic Starter
linkZk

Mathsma wrote:

I just found that the cursor pack where I got the cursor is yours lol. Hi?

Sorry if this bothers you, I can delete this thread if you want me to.
OsuMe65
Nope, you can't delete the whole thread once you have posted it and gained feedback.
Mathsma
You should really create new elements since the skinning forum is for original skins, you can at even recreate them as long as you made it. I don't really think changing opacity/colour/size counts as recreating. My entire first cursor set I released was called "Kamui Remake" because I wanted a cursor for my skin that was just like the Kamui cursor.

As for my cursor, I am okay with you using it as long as you mention my name somewhere so people know where it is from.
Topic Starter
linkZk

Mathsma wrote:

You should really create new elements since the skinning forum is for original skins, you can at even recreate them as long as you made it. I don't really think changing opacity/colour/size counts as recreating. My entire first cursor set I released was called "Kamui Remake" because I wanted a cursor for my skin that was just like the Kamui cursor.

As for my cursor, I am okay with you using it as long as you mention my name somewhere so people know where it is from.
I updated the skin, added a link to your cursor pack in extras/cursors/Mathsma/info.txt