forum

Easy way to delete beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
uoodS
Is there a way to delete beatmaps (for example ar7 and below) I have VERY limited amounts of space on my laptop. They are just in the way and I don't really even enjoy playing them. And this problem has piled up kinda badly, so it would take years to go through them all and delete them one by one.
Gexigamma
As far as I know there is no easy way to delete lots of maps at once. You will have to do it all manually :/

What you can do though is go to the folder where you have osu! installed (by default is C:/Program Files (x86)/osu!) and delete the songs directly from the songs folder. This way might be faster than deleting the songs ingame.
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
i just right click a beatmap in game then delete it.
AutoMedic
Manually deleting your beatmaps is a better way rather than doing it automatically. Automatic deletion/formatting your "Songs" folder is inaccurate. Manually deleting the maps you want to delete might cost you time but it would be all worth it :)
Gexigamma
Is it really inaccurate to delete via the folder? I have never found any problems doing it this way. Sometimes deleting songs ingame made the game corrupt and I had to go to the songs directory to manually delete it. idkr... just asking :P

OMG 777 post count lucky sonatora
Granger
Just deleting single difficulties is hardly going to help with your disk space issue. The audiofile and eventual storyboard and video files are what takes the space.
Single difficulties are just a few kb large.
IppE
go to your songs folder
ctrl + a
shift + del
???
profit
Oinari-sama
There's a request for this kind of task... t/224601 have a read if you still need it.
Topic Starter
uoodS

Granger wrote:

Just deleting single difficulties is hardly going to help with your disk space issue. The audiofile and eventual storyboard and video files are what takes the space.
Well, if maps normally have : Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, harder than insane. And I have 42gb worth of osu songs (yeah and I'm seriously running out of space) Might be easiest just do delete all and download few ones but I don't want to do that. I could take easy, normal and hard difficulties off that would lower the amount of gb, guaranteed. But yeah, I have to manually delete these I think...

Oinari-sama wrote:

There's a request for this kind of task... t/224601 have a read if you still need it.
sadly I dont have any stars
Knarf

uoodS wrote:

Granger wrote:

Well, if maps normally have : Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, harder than insane. And I have 42gb worth of osu songs (yeah and I'm seriously running out of space) Might be easiest just do delete all and download few ones but I don't want to do that. I could take easy, normal and hard difficulties off that would lower the amount of gb, guaranteed. But yeah, I have to manually delete these I think...
e.g.
easy 10kb
normal 10kb
hard 10kb
insane 10kb
song 2mb
video 10mb

So deleting beatmaps cannot lower the size much. Instead you may delete the videos which have much bigger size.
>Go to \osu!\Songs\
>Search objects with size exceeding 16mb (for example)
>alt+a
>Delete all
Topic Starter
uoodS

IppE wrote:

go to your songs folder
ctrl + a
shift + del
???
profit
yup. I did it, got sick of deleting them one by one. After few of those I went ham on that osu song folder.
Topic Starter
uoodS

kookookook wrote:

e.g.
easy 10kb
normal 10kb
hard 10kb
insane 10kb
song 2mb
video 10mb

So deleting beatmaps cannot lower the size much. Instead you may delete the videos which have much bigger size.
>Go to \osu!\Songs\
>Search objects with size exceeding 16mb (for example)
>alt+a
>Delete all
thanks, this will help me in the future.