forum

[web] Roll back the profile entries limitation

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +126
Topic Starter
-PM-
Many users taking advantage of "Occupation" and "Interets" entries appeared all contents we wrote to show the contents what they want to.

So, many users profile entries over the 2 sentences.

Besides, this is help to users who not ever bought osu supporter.

But today's web update affect profile entries like this.

This update doesn't considered the users i think.

Truncating these enteries (free sentences to only one sentence) is ruining this advantage.

I don't know why you have to update like this.

I hope to roll back it to previous profile form.

▼
deadbeat
i don't agree with the occupation needing a huge amount of characters. though i could see benefits in having the interests field extended by a bit
Oinari-sama
I agree that the Interest field could be around 4 lines long, or expandable either through clicking or hovering.
deadbeat
ok, so just did some quick testing. current cap is 30 characters before the messages get cut off. i'd say 50 for Interests would be well enough, and Occupation at 30 should be fine as it is. though it's not my call \:D/
i'll try ask anyway
silmarilen

deadbeat wrote:

ok, so just did some quick testing. current cap is 30 characters before the messages get cut off. i'd say 50 for Interests would be well enough, and Occupation at 30 should be fine as it is. though it's not my call \:D/
i'll try ask anyway
it's not 30. my current interests shows 19 characters, adding the first word that gets cut off would make it 28.
50 sounds reasonable tho. and then make a mouseover to show the rest if you have more.
Topic Starter
-PM-

deadbeat wrote:

i'll try ask anyway
I hope to the gap extended more. It's too uncomfortable...
TheVileOne
My profile only has room for one interest.
Lance
I can see this isn't a very important thing, but why aren't more people complaining about this? It seems a bit unreasonable to expect to fit your interests in under 30 characters...
Granger
I was a bit "annoyed" (as in, meh.) when they changed that but its not a big deal.