forum

What cth-470s does cookiezi use?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Hi, im looking to buy a new tablet and the one cookiezi uses looks sick but im wondering if he is using small or medium version.

(Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch) <- This is the one right?

Thanks
E a g l e
Cookiezi does not use anything atm as he is not playing, however I believe he used a cth-460 which is not for sale anymore (at least not in Sweden from which you and me originate from). Oh and a tablet will not make you any better, in fact, it will probably make you play about the same but you might improve faster. Cookiezi got good because he played a lot and challanged himself not because he had some superior gear. The only thing that will make a real differance is buying a mechanical keyboard to replace your current (I assume you got a rubberdome keyboard) keyboard.

Rest of posts will be something like this

"Yes, buy any tablet it will make you stream 5000000bpm and you will become cookiezi instantly".

osu! only rewards dedication, there are no real shortcuts to become better (at least none that will make you pro over a week or so).

I'd suggest buying a CTH-480S which is the small version and it will most likely suit your needs well. Another option would be to buy a tablet from Huion which I believe, do not quote me on it but I think peppy is supporting the tablets made by this company as they also manufacture the osu! tablet.
Clappy

-Eagle- wrote:

"Yes, buy any tablet it will make you stream 5000000bpm and you will become cookiezi instantly".
This is why I visit this forum less and less...
DeletedUser_3905941
Old tablet was CTH 460
Then he got a CTH 470S

uhh get whatever you want, both of those tablets aren't even manufactured anymore
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

-Eagle- wrote:

Cookiezi does not use anything atm as he is not playing, however I believe he used a cth-460 which is not for sale anymore (at least not in Sweden from which you and me originate from). Oh and a tablet will not make you any better, in fact, it will probably make you play about the same but you might improve faster. Cookiezi got good because he played a lot and challanged himself not because he had some superior gear. The only thing that will make a real differance is buying a mechanical keyboard to replace your current (I assume you got a rubberdome keyboard) keyboard.

Rest of posts will be something like this

osu! only rewards dedication, there are no real shortcuts to become better (at least none that will make you pro over a week or so).

I'd suggest buying a CTH-480S which is the small version and it will most likely suit your needs well. Another option would be to buy a tablet from Huion which I believe, do not quote me on it but I think peppy is supporting the tablets made by this company as they also manufacture the osu! tablet.
Thanks for the info, either way I found what looks like the one he uses, http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/dator-kr ... uch-p93537.
So it comes down to that tablet or the 480 which you talked about, which one would me best out of those two?
Vuelo Eluko
it doesnt matter
the cheaper one
xasuma
Small size is more than enough. Don't buy medium or large.
yiingzk

RedPanda wrote:

Old tablet was CTH 460
Then he got a CTH 470S

uhh get whatever you want, both of those tablets aren't even manufactured anymore

is that quick fire tk? does it work well in osu or typing?
buny
Any keyboard that can function reasonably well is good for osu/typing.
takaharrue

-Eagle- wrote:

Oh and a tablet will not make you any better, in fact, it will probably make you play about the same but you might improve faster.
didn't you really just contradict yourself, couldn't you just have said a tablet will help you improve faster and not it wont make you better?

Because obviously improving does not make you better.
tokaku

-Eagle- wrote:

Cookiezi got good because he played a lot and challanged himself not because he had some superior gear.

-Eagle- wrote:

The only thing that will make a real differance is buying a mechanical keyboard to replace your current (I assume you got a rubberdome keyboard) keyboard.
Sounds like you're contradicting yourself. The same logic can be applied to keyboards too. Also

buny wrote:

Cause yeah the moment I bought a mechanical keyboard I started streaming 220bpm
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Thanks for the feedback, I ended up going for the cth-480.
E a g l e
Also buy it from inet or komplett as theyre going to deliver it faster and cheaper, Kjell&CO overprice stuff so much ^^
E a g l e

tokaku wrote:

-Eagle- wrote:

Cookiezi got good because he played a lot and challanged himself not because he had some superior gear.

-Eagle- wrote:

The only thing that will make a real differance is buying a mechanical keyboard to replace your current (I assume you got a rubberdome keyboard) keyboard.
Sounds like you're contradicting yourself. The same logic can be applied to keyboards too. Also

buny wrote:

Cause yeah the moment I bought a mechanical keyboard I started streaming 220bpm
Im not sure how Im supposed to explain this in a good way so I did my best, I mean that even tough it wont make you better instantly you might improve faster, or you might not.
Vuelo Eluko

-Eagle- wrote:

Im not sure how Im supposed to explain this in a good way so I did my best, I mean that even tough it wont make you better instantly you might improve faster, or you might not.
considering its a ranked based game where everyone is constantly improving and ranking up, improving faster is the literal definition of being better.
buny

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

-Eagle- wrote:

considering its a ranked based game where everyone is constantly improving and ranking up, improving faster is the literal definition of being better.
So technically we're all better than cookiezi until he either comes back, or we quit?

Great logic.
Rewben2

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

-Eagle- wrote:

I know what you're saying, but I disagree with that being the meaning of being better. Being better refers to the skill level that you're already at imo, despite how much time you've put in, how much capacity you have to improve and how long it took you to get there. "Better" is a pretty broad word though.
GoldenWolf

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

If you improve veeery slowly but play 2-3 hours daily for 8+ years, chances are you'll be the best, both because anyone who play this much will be godlike, and because every other pro would quit in the meanwhile :^)
Vuelo Eluko
i am referring to one peripheral as opposed to another being better, not the player
pls
Rewben2

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

i am referring to one peripheral as opposed to another being better, not the player
pls
What? You said "considering its a ranked based game where everyone is constantly improving and ranking up, improving faster is the literal definition of being better" referring to a peripheral? That makes absolutely no sense.
show more