forum

Make a "send beatmap to:"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +31
Topic Starter
-Tochi
Hi

I have been thinking about something i want to be added on a new update.
So, the thing is that when you have made a beatmap diff. for someone's beatmap like Tico's Insane and it says that you can't upload it because it's your friends beatmap, and you need to upload it with puush or something like that. But sometimes i'm too lazy to upload it, and i just want to make a "friend-box" in the submission place (the place u can upload and update beatmaps). The friend-box is for sending it to the creator of the beatmap so you don't need to upload it with puush or anything else. So when you have choosed the owner of the beatmap, the button "upload beatmap/udate beatmap" is now ready to be clicked on. And then the beatmap owner recieve a message in-game (if online) and website where he/she can download or update it to the beatmap, and then upload it all to "ready to be ranked and aproved". it should take under 1 minute and it would be easier. Oh, and when it sends the beatmap in-game, the channel name should be "beatmap" or the senders name.

Try to think about it. Isn't it a easier and faster way to do it?
Lach
People have been sending .osu code via forum post or other means for the last 7 years, I don't think anything like this is needed when you can literally click file > open .osu in notepad, press ctrl+a and paste it in the thread (in a code box).
Topic Starter
-Tochi

Lach wrote:

People have been sending .osu code via forum post or other means for the last 7 years, I don't think anything like this is needed when you can literally click file > open .osu in notepad, press ctrl+a and paste it in the thread (in a code box).
that's a good way to do it too, never tried it before.
Ayachi-
I think this will be pretty helpful because sometimes I had my sources in Japanese and they send me the .osu file from the notepad thing but their computer can't read Japanese so it will end up all the Japanese words like source, tags, author all into some random symbol then I will have to change all of them again. I think we should be allowed to give other people permission to update their own difficulty so they can update it anytime even when I am sleeping
Chrew_old
It sounds like a good idea, it is much easier and faster, no need to open the browser and copy paste if my friend is online.
Topic Starter
-Tochi

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

I think this will be pretty helpful because sometimes I had my sources in Japanese and they send me the .osu file from the notepad thing but their computer can't read Japanese so it will end up all the Japanese words like source, tags, author all into some random symbol then I will have to change all of them again. I think we should be allowed to give other people permission to update their own difficulty so they can update it anytime even when I am sleeping
Exactly
Vovy_old
peppy pls respond and say yes
Bara-
This'll be so much easier to send over GDs!
Good idea!
Nathanael

Vovy wrote:

peppy pls respond and say yes
  • Be more descriptive with your replies!
    Everyone should know why you are supporting it or not.
RedPoint
that would be a good idea