forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sister Jude
Studied maths for 10 mins
VioletSkye
I've started exercising and cooking healthy food even though I thought I'd never learn to cook anytime soon but here I am :) proud
Seat Ibiza TDI
Read books in english to improve it, and most important of all, started to exercicse (never exercised in my life besides school).
Last but not least, I'm slowly getting away from toxic relationships, feeling better each day.
clover
Started to study french more out of school because I'm not learning much in school. It's a language I want to learn.

Also drinking more water.
Rwyta
stopped masturbating so i can be more productive at daytime
edwardyoyo
well, i starting to learn everything that i see. i'd love to communicate with people on this game too :D.

but the last thing that i can remember that i'm on university and i need to get some time to study and thinking about my future :)
Nightstalker
20mg Medikinet in the morning + 40mg Fenlafaxim & 10mg Medikinet around 12am to 2pm everyday.

May sound stupid, but since that, my mood got better, my awarness got better, even my actual happy and open personality is coming slowly back.
So yeah... does that count? xD
Foxtrot

Allmynamestaken wrote:

stopped masturbating so i can be more productive at daytime
fucking hell that's hilarious
-SayaKai
Studied Science in 1hr
[imperial]
sneaked out of school to go to subway to only be caught by the teachers going back :)
Meah
Saved money, only spent around 10$ since 29th December
Seki
Absolutely nothing? I mean I've done a few things, probably nothing life-changing tho.
Blitzfrog
Finished Steven Hawking's book, A brief history of time
ciara_old_1
done looking back and repeating the same mistake (-:
Blitzfrog

ciara wrote:

That clearly isn't bettering yourself now is it
Irrelevant post
I suppirt, do it again
Thize
I had so much time to think about my last one or two years and what kind of guy I was back then. I am glad that I pretty much did a 180° turn during the last seven months and I am sorry for everyone I might have caused pain and sorrow.
It kinda feels good when you finally realize that you acted like an asshole or something like that. Makes you able to change your point of view on yourself.
ciara_old_1

Blitzfrog wrote:

ciara wrote:

That clearly isn't bettering yourself now is it
Irrelevant post
I suppirt, do it again
are you being sarcastic or just dumb?? who are you to judge that it makes myself better????
Surono
have good feeling inside, although still doing something bad..
Golterboose
Not hiding who I am and feeling comfortable with my sexuality and to not be fearful of it
Rwyta
Jogging for 3hrs
noz

Knotts wrote:

I also did nothing
We did Knoting >.> I'll stop
Adorn
Absolutely nothing.
Smokk
I've changed my behavior towards other people, especially on osu! Was about to get a lot of trouble 10 months ago and now I'm quite happy, that I'm not that much of an annoying ass anymore. ewe
-shig-
I decided to actually start being serious about studying and now I'm a consistent high honors student kek
Adorn
Accepted a religion. It feels good to finally believe in something for real and not just be on the fence.
Blitzfrog

Flannel wrote:

Accepted a religion. It feels good to finally believe in something for real and not just be on the fence.
This is not a cult right...
n0stamina
Actually sticking to somewhat a healthy diet.

Not smoking as much ish..
T3ars_old
Been sober for 18 days now.
Rurree
Started a new diet plan. :)
T3ars_old
Been sober for 19 days now.. Probably will break my streak tomorrow though.. :(
Jackertud
Read more literature. I need to get used to it if I want to be a good writer as well.
Keep
I've recently gone outside more to do some physical activity. I've also tried to clean out the old and bring in some new as well. I usually slouch so I'm also trying to fix that.
Overall, I'm trying to be more self-aware.
ssl_old_1
I have gotten a new mouse, Logitech G602 and that's helped me from the previous mouse if you can call it that :P
45Traeath
I've wasted the time to read this thread's first 20 pages.
That motivated me to write a "novel" about my case, which I haven't begun to solve at all yet.
But reading 44 to 46 (and 16 to 20) kind of blew a part of the motivation away...

xxxx, I'm repeating the procrastination...
I'll do it... Someday...

*Back to "Tries to gather motivation".*
45Traeath
So after all that time...
I took an appointment with the univ' psychol' for the 15th.

I'm still procrastinating my work, though.
fanterox
Depends on what sort of bettering oneself you mean:

1) In osu!

I guess simply trying out more styles of music to adapt to different rhythms and beats and also using more mods such as [Hr, Hd, etc]

2) IRL

Honestly disconnecting for a while from the computer and consoles and actually hang out with people and work out, funny enough, after jogging or any physical activity my performance in osu tends to get better :D

So i guess that's nice
Baka94
I got tired of always begin the one who has to ask friends somewhere, so I decided it'd be better to just completely distance myself from other people and re-learn living as a shut in. To someone this may seem like going worse than better, but trust me, my overall mood is way better this way. Before I could at times just get sad (especially when I did nothing to distract my thoughts) because it felt like no-one really wanted to have me around or something. This probably wouldn't be an issue if as simple thing as starting a conversation with someone wouldn't be so huge struggle (the feeling of bothering the other person is what mostly holds me back). I don't know if there is any other way to make things better without having to distance myself from others, but this just seemed to be the easiest option I could think of.
Thize
Actually participating in school. I've learned everything I need there at work, but I kinda realized that being decoration with good grades still results in more or less bad grades when you never say a word and always spent time on your phone. I already fixed my grades now, but I am very close to the best students in my class and maybe I can even pass their grades average by the end of the year.

I also decided to quit partying every second weekend untill August when I attend Psy-Fi 2017. It kinda became a crucial part of my life and even though I met the most precious people of my life on most of the raves, it still results in me being out of money all the time because I ended up wasting over 150-200€ everytime I went out.
teashoe
These days I think more often about where I will be if I continue my bad habits (procrastinating, playing osu! hah, etc.) and what I can do to become a better person internally. I'm working on putting important things like family, homework, and laundry first before I hop on to osu! or whatever I wish to do for a while.
Idk how well its going but it feels good to not worry about things that should've been done in the first place. :D
Pochacco
just leaving those misses and keep the map playing...

just earning some cash for a better future :D
show more