forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
neurosis
flevy
So recently there was this huge amount of negative stuff happening in my life.
Lost a few fam-members to the thing called "death by accidence", lost my girlfriend & best friend by catching them
together betraying me (like you know, relationship stuff in deep negativity for me).
Lost my Job, Totally dropped out of life. Even got into the closed hospital for psychopaths for one night.

After that night, i picked myself up, wrote down every sh!t that i don't like and/or h8 about myself and how to fix/handle it.

Since that day, everytime i fall back into depressions or just lose hope, i read those Pages i wrote back then, and motivate myself again.

Right now i'm about to move from Stuttgart to Cologne and start a whole new Life, completely made by myself.
No help from mum. No help from anyone. Just my Work, My Progress, My Goal.

Wish me Luck so i can get an appartment soon :^)

Greetings,
Wales
Eloc

Wales wrote:

So recently there was this huge amount of negative stuff happening in my life.
Lost a few fam-members to the thing called "death by accidence", lost my girlfriend & best friend by catching them
together betraying me (like you know, relationship stuff in deep negativity for me).
Lost my Job, Totally dropped out of life. Even got into the closed hospital for psychopaths for one night.

After that night, i picked myself up, wrote down every sh!t that i don't like and/or h8 about myself and how to fix/handle it.

Since that day, everytime i fall back into depressions or just lose hope, i read those Pages i wrote back then, and motivate myself again.

Right now i'm about to move from Stuttgart to Cologne and start a whole new Life, completely made by myself.
No help from mum. No help from anyone. Just my Work, My Progress, My Goal.

Wish me Luck so i can get an appartment soon :^)

Greetings,
Wales
My best goes out to you. It sounds like it's pretty rough but I'm glad you're able to cope. Good luck with getting your apartment! Stay happy and if you ever need someone to talk to don't hesitate to ask as there are plenty of friendly people on this forum :)

As for me I've been bettering myself by going to the gym more and I've been attempting to learn some basic japanese.
lol
ur mom
Aomi

lol wrote:

ur mom
really.
Foxtrot
Absolutely nothing, but that's fine.
ALTKID
nothing :c
lol

lol wrote:

ur mom
p sure I was drunk when I posted this

ot: I started eating more meat so I don't look like a starving nairobian child
Aomi

lol wrote:

I started eating more meat so I don't look like a starving nairobian child
but starving nairobian children look better than you??
lol

Aomi wrote:

lol wrote:

I started eating more meat so I don't look like a starving nairobian child
but starving nairobian children look better than you??
HOLY SHIT WHERE DID THAT COME FROM AOMI I NEED WATER
Aomi

lol wrote:

HOLY SHIT WHERE DID THAT COME FROM AOMI I NEED WATER
you can drink your tears
Kei
As I explained in the Current Life Situation thread, I'm trying to study chemistry 4 hours per day minimum.

Today I studied 7 hours. I spent a lot of time practicing with exercises and did good in all of them. Even so, I still feel uneasy, very anxious and need to trust myself a lot more but I don't know how to (Tbh, I don't really know why I feel like this if I did all the exercises correctly so far.. I should be this worried if I actually was lacking a lot of knowledge/not understanding anything/being hopeless).

I do feel a bit self-confident from time to time but I can't keep up with that attitude. I have a lot of up and downs. I am positive but at the same time I end up doubting myself. It's more like a challenge for me to be 100% positive. To soothe my worries/nerves I drink a cup of linen tea specially before bed.

I'm also trying to improve my sleep schedule in order to study better and have a healthier life.
Birdy
I managed to get back home, thus ending my 6 months of homelessness just as quickly as it started.
luckyone
vbbv
euree
My mom had a stroke last month and can no longer work so I'm stuck here at home watching over her. I started making drawing a habit and hopefully will be able to start earning through my art in the near future so I could help out with financial stuff while still be able to take care of my mom at home.
Dexenta

JAKACHAN wrote:

Also, please don't troll this thread.
But JAKACHAN!
Fine. :x
I've become more patient so i can actually become a psychologist like I've always wanted. I've also been eating healthier and got a few hobbies that will help me calm myself down whenever I feel the need to light something on fire. I've decided to learn new things every day so I can actually use my potential that everyone's been telling me to use for the past five years of my life. That's about it, too be honest.
Aomi

Dexenta wrote:

JAKACHAN wrote:

But JAKACHAN!
Fine. :x
I've become more patient so i can actually become a psychologist like I've always wanted. I've also been eating healthier and got a few hobbies that will help me calm myself down whenever I feel the need to light something on fire. I've decided to learn new things every day so I can actually use my potential that everyone's been telling me to use for the past five years of my life. That's about it, too be honest.
Samo tako nastavi.

OT: Been taking school a lot more seriously lately,
especially because it's coming to an end.
8 more weeks man.
Also been eating more healthy food and stuff.
Planning to go to the gym for summer vacation to lose some weight after this all ends.
Antichi
All my life I've had terrible back problems especially in my neck. I kind of gave up on it because nothing was working. I stopped seeing chiropractors and just took painkillers when I couldn't stand it. This last little while I decided I didn't want to live like that. I found a chiropractor that focuses on chronic problems and injuries. First session with them I found out I have scoliosis.

Since then I've been doing a few daily exercises to strengthen the muscles and prevent the scoliosis from getting worse. There hasn't been much of effect yet, but I pretty much just started. Just having an explanation for why I'm in pain so often helps.
Railey2
oh shit, scoliosis. Can't they fix it through surgery? I hope it gets better soon.
Rurree
Scoliosis can be solved by metal braces being attached to your spine if I recall correctly. Hope you can recover soon though, scoliosis can be debilitating.

On topic, I started sleeping earlier than intended because my palpitations can get out of hand. I feel way better now.
DestinySonata
Started learning Japanese again. The last few times I just did it for fun, but this time I have a goal of being able to read without referring to dictionaries too much.
Rilene

Railey2 wrote:

oh shit, scoliosis. Can't they fix it through surgery? I hope it gets better soon.
did your spine actually curve over 45 degree?
Darkwing_420
I started playing osu!
-shig-

zTap wrote:

I started playing osu!
That game does nothing to better an individual, the only thing it can give you is an addiction to it.

On topic:

I've been socializing more, I guess?
Xiaoyu_old_1

DestinySonata wrote:

Started learning Japanese again. The last few times I just did it for fun, but this time I have a goal of being able to read without referring to dictionaries too much.
Same I'm continuing my official Japanese studies after a long hiatus. I really need someone to speak Japanese too, there are so few opportunities in Australia :( Might have to get a Japanese Skype pen pal.

Also I'm aiming to increase my cardiovascular endurance through jogging so I can keep up when playing tennis :)
chaee
your mum last night
Birdy

dkun wrote:

JAKACHAN wrote:

Very stern warning on this.
chaee
no one cares birdy let shit be
Hitorikko
just got a job :D
Hitorikko
just got a job :D
PrivRyan
Bought a tablet from a friend! Time to play osu
chaee
stopped caring
like, it's whatever dude :p
repr1se
Quit League of Legends, because that shit gives me cancer.
Lacrimae
nothing at all because nothing matters
Rurree
Sleeping early so I won't be late for my job ever again.
I Q B A L
trying to lurk with society...
ciara_old_1
Clearing negative people out of my life. I honestly feel so much happier.
Rurree
Avoiding too much sugar, carbs, and transfat. More fiber for me. Also trying to boost my metabolism, it's summer right now need to get in shape.
Akemi-kun
I left my old school because they are treating me like shit
lol
started playing hearthstone again and now i feel intellectually superior to everyone like a true reddit browser
show more