forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
MadBuddhist
Getting all my teeth fixed (Too much soda)
Actually studying and getting ready for my exams here in december.
Going from smoking to vaping.
Started working out with my boyfriend.
I suppose i could add more, but these are key points in my life right now.
mokyu
󠀡
Pikabutt
For the last 4 months, I've been actively using Blogilates as the go-to fitness tool, mainly because the struggle in keeping a constant weight has been an issue since the later years of high school; gone from being anorexic to slightly overweight within the span of 2-3 years. The problem before was that I barely had any physical activity outside of the occasional badminton or tennis, and now that friends have moved away for post-secondary and branched off, it's become more difficult. So I made the decision this summer to start working out at home, of which I was opposed to simply, but Cassey Ho and Blogilates changed that. Despite only following her calendars for 4 months, I can confidently say that I am currently in the best shape and place in my life. Exercising on a daily basis has done wonders for keeping the balance of being mentally and physically stable (ര̀ᴗര́)و

Shga wrote:

This is not how I improved myself, these are just the problems I am facing
My mental health is going to deep shit. I constantly feel pressured by other expectations (good grades, lots of studying, pass my university exams etc) and I always fall short. I am trying to perform well at tests and stuff but I get so anxious that I forget things I remembered a second ago. There's been some really unsatisfying grades that I have told no one about. I try to put a happy face on for everyone around me, trying to hide my unhappiness to not affect others negatively but I am afraid that this cover will not last forever. I've been feeling gloomy and I just want to give up on everything. Any advice?

Just wanted to say that you're never alone in this kind of situation, and that many others have shared a similar experience, if not identical. Can't say that I have any specific words of wisdom aside from ridding yourself of others' expectations and simply focusing on what you believe you can do and are happy with.

Reading your excerpt, I understand what you've gone through and can relate to a certain extent, not entirely. Back in the 2nd year of university, I unfortunately succumbed to a major episode of depression that lasted nearly an entire year, and often times, whenever there was a trigger like failing assignments, my mind would automatically be sent to having suicidal thoughts. And during this time, I isolated myself. One day, suddenly had an epiphany moment where I realized it was either continue attending university for a program I did not enjoy anymore in an effort to impress my parents, but at the cost of being depressed. Or, I could stand up for myself, be selfish for once and do whatever I thought would me happy in the long-run. Ended up dropping out, going to college closer to home, and have never looked back.

Like I said, not entirely identical to your situation, but there are similarities here-and-there. In a nutshell, work for yourself and nobody else; achieve your expectations and try not to focus on what others may think of you.
Babu24
i have a passing grade in biology!
Kirin
Last friday, it was the first time in 2 years I did some physical activity (except walking through the way home) and it was on P.E.
I never do P.E because of classmates and my laziness, but when I did it it was fun and I didn't thought what my classmates thought about how I played (I did some soccer that day and trust me, I suck at playing soccer)

Also, I've got a 7/10 on chemistry (which is good because i had a 4/10)

I did some improving after all heh.
Kei
I went out shopping with my best friend, and bought a gift for a friend for her birthday!

Getting stuff for others makes me feel so enthusiast and happy. I prefer buying things for the people I love rather than buying stuff for myself. The happiness I feel when seeing the happy face of the person receiving a gift from me is one of the best feelings ever. I haven't seen this person yet, but I'm looking forward to see her reaction when opening the gift, since it is something she wanted so badly.
Birdy

Kei wrote:

Getting stuff for others makes me feel so enthusiast and happy. I prefer buying things for the people I love rather than buying stuff for myself. The happiness I feel when seeing the happy face of the person receiving a gift from me is one of the best feelings ever. I haven't seen this person yet, but I'm looking forward to see her reaction when opening the gift, since it is something she wanted so badly.
Hey, that sounds like me. Nice to see similar people here.

OT: I graduated a while ago (which wasn't exactly a choice but still a way to help myself get into better times and life), started planning a collab with one of my favourite musicians, and also we started going to the gym again with my best friend.
Sync
I started learning some more math independently but haven't touched my books in a few days now
Vexx
I ran 60 miles per week for 6 months, and ran competitively with my school. I burned off everything I gained playing video games over the summer hehe :3
R e n g e
I consider it one of the best feelings in life which we can experience is to give something else :)
Water Prism
I didn't buy myself osu supporter because i knew i would waste it all unintentionally
Mr Meeseeks_old_1
I've started going to the gym in the holidays to get fit and get ready for rugby season
-Niflheim-
Stopped playing games for a while, at least i've played only osu. And Study hard. now I won the exam that will make me able to study in korea. ~
Lavax303
Almost got into U18 of Poland in rugby, trying to make my way into it :)
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
low ar training

:(
GSG95
i've been trying really hard to not be so loud.
07 Ghost
Instead of going on my phone all the time, I simply look around and try to be in the moment.
CristopherDLC
Stop procrastinating and do my homework. :p it actually feels good
Dextersydney
I quit the game for 2 weeks for school and came back for 280 bpm streaming :D
Tooi_old
Started volunteering and doing my best to improve my volleyball skills
hnmk13
I started looking at things positevely even my problems and doing more things in general.Instead of saying "why should I do this?" and stuff like that I aactually tried it and everything turned out pretty weel so far,I even picked a new hobby :D
EneT
I'm finding myself.
wajinshu
Studying more english >_>
dimondsaddle
Nothing tbh
Jiroski_old
Not having senorities this year.
zoze
Go to school everyday
Jarvis
I found the key to success
Kimitakari
Learn English
Toine
eat just one chocolate bar per day, which is already better than two bars!
Tornado
I learned that: Being TOO NICE to the people that I feel loyality will let them stab me from my back.Or maybe it"s just because,they couldn"t accept some facts about me since the beginning and they had never a chanche to find an opening on my heart till backstabbing.In the end they will try to use some useless excuses about their pasts or experiences to make my heart satisfied.But they will never even get embaressed or shamed about what they did.

Nishiji gave me an advice as a sister.She was right.I cared too much for the other people.So I am the one who feels the pain.But I dont regret and I will do it again and again.Because I like to be an insane person...
EneT
I'm realising things.
chaee
Deleted nearly all social media except for a skype account that has only 1 contact. Guess I got tired of being used and having my kindness taken for granted all the time. I'd rather have one friend who actually gives a shit than a dozen that only stick by me when I put a brave front, kek :p
olivia272
Eating more fat.
GSG95
I got better at keeping quiet. Still need to work on it a bit.
Trubble
I'm writing a book. I've written two children's books already and I'm now in the process of writing my first book for adults. It's going well so far and I'm reaching the end of each day feeling like I've achieved something.
vizzy
Budgeting my expenses for the rest of my time in China.
euree
Watching my health. Not skipping meals.
Meah
Stopped being obsessed with Animes
Aomi
Stopped giving a shit about what people say about me.
Also stopped being so kind to people who take me and my help for granted.
Never again.
- Demi -
ehh.. I guess I only try to improve my drawing and osu skills. I'm a tota tryhard I just want to be good at what i'm doing.. (not that im having no fun doing what I love though). I set my goals high , I love to challange myself xD
show more