forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
A28_old
This month I've properly started up my food blog and aiming to make my theatre blog a little more active. I think I've finally decided which direction to go in :)

A tip for life: Write everything down, especially your goals for a certain time period. Write daily 'to do' lists, schedules and make them look pretty. It's a small thing to do, but the outcome is huge! :idea:
Destiny
I'm trying to move away, that's a start.
-Annie
- Im finally going to my therapy sessions
- i take my medicine everyday now and i must say it really helps a bit
- Try to let my "fake" friends go, its really hard for me because without them im alone
- I try to learn my fav language (Korean) it kinda helps to forget about stuff for a while
HaruryuuSan
Doing more math and physics problems a lot lately.
Jerry
Decided to put more effort and dedication into the piano.
Just went through my grade 8 exam and it felt great, so hopefully I'll get better since I wasn't really interested in it that much before.
chaee
Removed a few people from my life that were interfering with what really matters. Him
DeletedUser_3905941
Stopped smoking for a month, and planning to quit forever.
Navizel
Been looking for jobs rather than being an unproductive NEET.
consta_
i stopped being so attached to virtual items, which was to a point of being selfish and immature, and i now give them to friends and people that i like regardless of the item's value. items are not worth that much in comparison to real life interactions, i found out.
EneT

Reisann wrote:

i stopped being so attached to virtual items, which was to a point of being selfish and immature, and i now give them to friends and people that i like regardless of the item's value. items are not worth that much in comparison to real life interactions, i found out.
Brava!
KrazyKaito
Im trying to stop procrastinating things but I can't due to being distracted aka addicting to do other things available other than that specific task.
Sviundt
IRL
Applied for a summer job in February and actually got it, I know it's a while since the start of the summer vacation but haven't had any time to post on the forums. It also bring so extra coins in my wallet so I am not constantly broke.

Got a few more friends and actually went out of the house with more than 5 people AT ONCE. :o Even attended a sleepover where I felt welcome.

Decided to wear summer clothes instead of my usual "back in black" jeans and hoodie style and no longer feel drained of energy when I enter sunlight.

Opened the blinds to my room to let the sun in, been doing this for almost two months now and my sleep pattern is no longer fucked up from living in a dark room with my monitors.

Bought a Thnikk osu!keypad and now my laptop keys don't fall off when I open it (after a few minutes of gluing and a hours of waiting)

Virtual
Finally got the confidence to stream liveplay on twitch and got a new friend while doing so.

Caught up with a few animes

Reached top 1k in Norway (that's top 112k int the world but still a goal achieved

About to hit top 100k in the world (when writing this I lack 5 pp or something)

Decided to learn to draw with my tablet, because I felt guilty after only using it for osu!

Still need to get courage enough to ask a special someone out... bbbut that can wait. *embarased blushing*
R e n g e
I suffer from depression . I do not want me to do absolutely nothing . More and more realistically I go to a matter of committing suicide. So far in my life I did not work out for me nothing . People I cared about me gone.

Advice to others: The main thing is not to give ♥

* HUG *
primrose
i watered plants today. it makes me feel happy inside lmao im a losr
miggytheoo
Hm.. by passing all of my subjects with a A on all of them?
Eymi
I ate :/
joi-
I spent a day without drinking Coca-Cola, can't remember the last time I've done that.
Sviundt

joi- wrote:

I spent a day without drinking Coca-Cola, can't remember the last time I've done that.

Congrats ヽ(🌸・ω・)ノ
Navizel

joi- wrote:

Same. I've been avoiding cola and been starting to consume more fruits and vegetables. Usually my mom brings pizza and soft drinks every Friday but I only take the pizza. I know pizzas aren't that healthy but still. Maybe I should cut it too. I've been avoiding fast food burgers though. Been eating only homemade ones.
kirueggy
Currently trying to control my OCD using internal/external methods (no medication involved)... I hope it works lol
joi-

kirueggy wrote:

Currently trying to control my OCD using internal/external methods (no medication involved)... I hope it works lol
Stay strong, it will get better if you keep trying.
Katze
i got a new job. finally, after months and months of searching and failing i got a new job. its going upwards again, i am proud of myself. i started working out again - i even changed my eating habits to the better. i'm happy again. i'm able to sleep without worrying. a job solves so many of my problems like feeling bad for living off my parents money - i can finally earn my own money again. everyone is so nice there, they all love my crazy haircolors. i can be myself there, i don't have to change. i am feeling really good and i am really happy.
olivia272
Given more time to myself.
Ochinchi-sama
Started going to the gym again so I can get myself some bulging pecs.
Aiona
Kept my distance from people who will just make my life miserable again.
TakuMii
Trying to learn how to control myself when it comes to my emotions... I've been handling things really terribly, and I'm getting hurt because of it, so I'm at least trying to keep my distance for now.

And I've finally enrolled as a full-time student (albeit just upgrading courses for now, perhaps a full program this coming winter). I've practically spent the past year as a NEET that would only ever leave the house for her, so it'll be pretty refreshing to finally be back in a classroom and actually doing something with my life.
captainmilk
I ate a pound cake
I took some gummy vitamins, that should better my body in some way.
Shota
Update:
I got a job
I am a lot better at removing negative people in my life
I am showing no mercy towards people now, since I felt 'bad' even if they was rude to me.
chaee
Fixed my sleeping schedule so now instead of waking up at 10 in the night, I get up a proper 9am and sleep before the sun rises again.
Kirin
'm feeling shy about writing here but i think it's just me

Gigantic wall of text
In the past 7-8 months, i actually fucked up my life with skipping school (a friend convinced me about this, we did this for 5 fucking months of school which made me lose the year and need to repeat it) (we also did that because of the teachers, they were pure shit) and thinking about getting a girlfriend.
Those were the worst 7-8 months ever, didn't thought about studying and neglected most of my hobbies (even osu!) and somehow got depressed about it. I felt that i've flushed all my dreams in the toilette, and my friend didn't help with his school skipping and his "hey mate try to get a girlfriend! If you don't do that life would be annoying" (or something like, i'm not a native english speaker)
In the past, i had a girlfriend but didn't last long so i didn't gave a shit since then BUT he kinda forced me to find a crush, and i actually found it (which ALWAYS "ignored" me and still does) And the funny thing is that she is engaged to someone who lives far from my city which made me get worse and lose all the motivation i had.

Today, when i was speaking with her, i thought that all the things i did in the past 7 months were worthless and even if she will not "ignore" me anymore I don't give a shit, I finally took a decision and finally set up some goals for the future!
1)Get really good at school (it will be easier since my friend is in another class)
2)Don't give a shit about this "get a gf" situation. Love is patient
3)Saving up money for buying things that I like, instead of spending them on junk food in the cafeteria
4)Find some really good hobbies that would keep my mind occupied (study comes first obv)

Also i have some very little problems with socializing but first I need to fix crap I did in the past ;_;
_Jordo

chaee wrote:

Fixed my sleeping schedule so now instead of waking up at 10 in the night, I get up a proper 9am and sleep before the sun rises again.
Haha, I did the exact same thing like a week ago. I was getting up between 6 and 8 and sleeping early in the morning.
Douae
This might sound sad, but. Played more demetori maps to get better at streaming. kek :(
markp_old_1
powerlifting
DooM
Took the red pill and started studying people's mind and ways of behaving
markp_old_1

DooM wrote:

Took the red pill
8-)
DooM

markp_cupman wrote:

DooM wrote:

Took the red pill
8-)
Das it mane
Nadfee
After 6 years of nothing but; day-in, day-out school & games I decided to start swimming twice-thrice a week for at least 1 1/2 hour, keep myself busy by getting into piano and guitar lessons (twice a week) and studied more so I can get ahead of class and feel less stress.
-HypX-
start working and making money and losing it so worthwhile to talk to strangers and be more confident in myself no matter what others say about me
Twitchy
Plain and simple, broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years, started putting myself first.

Exercising every day, eating as healty as I can afford, letting myself go to sleep when I'm tired and wake up when I feel like, and binging on video games in the mean time LOL.

8-)
Navizel
Finally got a job.
Though how I use the money is kind of unhealthy lol. Still, going to save some for college.
show more