forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
unko
Why would yoou let your self get so disgusting mom
thelewa
because I generally don't give a shit
Gumpy
I clean my room once a month depending on how lazy I am there will be mold and dust. When I clean it I get way less headaches.
To better myself I deleted osu! because it was causing huge annoyanceses.
mo_
i always do whatever i need in the house before osu, but i usually dont do schoolwork until the morning it's due
princessalexia
Almost a year ago I received my GSCE results, and I cried at how 'bad' they were. I had just average grades that I'd managed to scrape with little revision (nothing wrong with average grades, just wasn't my personal target.) I'd had a few rough patches with family as well through out the three years at school prior to them and this led to self destructive behavior which probably didn't help school either. But now, I have spent the last year putting my head down, eating healthy with no smoking or drinking I can honestly say that no matter what grades I get this year, I feel like I've done my best. I've also patched up the relationship between my parents and I and everything feels so much better.

I now hope to carry out the next school year by being even healthier, whilst studying business studies, english language and religious education to then go on to do a business law degree, perhaps joining the JET programme and teaching English abroad. I finally have some motivation to try achieve something in my life, maybe even learn a new language. I feel like new person. :D
unko
I finally stopped being a pussy and posted my selfie online i'm not looking for an excuse since the thread's locked i swear
Mahogany
Microsoft Vista you're not allowed to post in this thread because you're Vista
Railey2

princessalexia wrote:

snip
thats pretty damn awesome! Good luck with your studies

Microsoft Vista wrote:

I finally stopped being a pussy and posted my selfie online i'm not looking for an excuse since the thread's locked i swear
oh why hello there sexy.

as for me, I just became more active in general. More time outside and with other people. And more time with books. Less time with my PC.
unko

Railey2 wrote:

oh why hello there sexy.
sup mom
nukemall
I've been drinking hybrid tap/ turbo ice home-brew hybrid water ill post a recipe if anyone want. It will get you going for the day no more coffe.
Pituophis
I'm finally trying to find a career(that I don't loathe)
or maybe I can just stay at my parents house and keep collecting disability money
ZenoDiac
Played some dota
Xanaehla
To go somewhere with someone :3
Kouya-
working on a class that I say I'm going to fail on .
MyAngelNanahira
Playing Osu and forgetting all the shit that goes on in my life currently
HaruryuuSan
Studying a looooot.
EneT
I bought a bunch of really expensive gifts for a few of my friends.
WingSilent
I asked my sister to hide my money because i'm a little bit addictive about spending money easily. ><
olivia272
I got myself a job.
Chester Ming
deathstream compilation for streams and jump maps like jumpudding on relax for jumping
Azure-Edge
Studying helps to better someone, has it not?
I'm working more and volunteering more often as well, haha~
La Volpe
Decided to do Laser eye surgery aka Lasik, it is expensive as hell but atleast I wont have to wear glasses for the rest of my life!
Uchie
Lately I have been started making sure that I get the proper amount of sleep, due to my attitude and laziness whilst not having had a good sleep.
Hidden Loli
Well I went outside recently
LoliPantsu
I went outside today for the first time in a couple months and I went to get the mail and I talked to the mailman for two whole minutes!!! and then I went out to the mall with my imaginary friends who think I'm super cool and popular, I think I'm progressing at learning how to socialize like normal people in society, also lately I started exercising better because the walk to the mailbox was a good 15 feet or something and I started getting into better eating habits because I went from only eating pop tarts every meal and now I eat organic pop tarts!
Pawsu
SELF CARE.
showers, buying new shampoo, new care products. they make me feel so good and i have something other than stress on my mind for a little while.
everyone needs a little selfcare, and it seems bath products do lots for me
Kouya-
Cleaned the house today to get some of my OCD out of me .
repr1se
Decided to stop making friends. Hypocrites and backstabbers, all of them.

Live in solitary is the best.
olivia272
I've drank less.
chaee
Eating a variety of foods instead of the same shit.
EshkushMeh xD
I've started getting rid of my "procrastinator" side bit by bit.

And by bit by bit, I mean really slowly. Like the speed of a snail, but progress is progress.
Railey2

Repr1se wrote:

Decided to stop making friends. Hypocrites and backstabbers, all of them.

Live in solitary is the best.
That doesn't seem like bettering yourself at all, rather the opposite.

My two cents:
Prolonged episodes of self-induced solitude just made me very unhappy long-term. Getting hurt by others is awful, but deciding to withdraw completely from having any sort of meaningful relationship was worse. It was a silent, creeping pain, a dangerous one because you start accepting it as part of your personality, because you start to cozy up to it.

You aren't special. People are just people. If you get hurt, remember: Some of them are awful, but most of them are just stupid (shoutout to Hanlon's Razor). This applies even more when you are still in your teens.
And oh well, people can be pretty great once you know how to deal with them.

Go out, meet some people. You need them. We all do. Don't shoot yourself in the leg by choosing to not trust anyone anymore. Trust is always a risk, but solitude is already a loss.
repr1se

Railey2 wrote:

That doesn't seem like bettering yourself at all, rather the opposite.

My two cents:
Prolonged episodes of self-induced solitude just made me very unhappy long-term. Getting hurt by others is awful, but deciding to withdraw completely from having any sort of meaningful relationship was worse. It was a silent, creeping pain, a dangerous one because you start accepting it as part of your personality, because you start to cozy up to it.

You aren't special. People are just people. If you get hurt, remember: Some of them are awful, but most of them are just stupid (shoutout to Hanlon's Razor). This applies even more when you are still in your teens.
And oh well, people can be pretty great once you know how to deal with them.

Go out, meet some people. You need them. We all do. Don't shoot yourself in the leg by choosing to not trust anyone anymore. Trust is always a risk, but solitude is already a loss.
I don't think I elaborated enough. Apologies.

I don't plan on being alone forever. In fact my dream is to go meet people, have a family, all that good shit. But for right now, I want to be by myself.

Thanks for your concern.
Railey2
fair enough. Taking a break can be a very good thing to do, no doubt about it. I hope you get it sorted out and best luck to you.
Have a good one
A28_old
Jog
-Annie
do sport
Aoba
I decided to invest more time in the forums, and maybe contribute more in some form that way to the community. :oops:
I've been cleaning and keeping my room organized to reduce stress,
and mostly planning ahead for the future.
It helps relieve a lot of unnecessary from your shoulders.
Derp
I've finally delt with my confidence issues by just being upfront about everything. If I feel a certain way , I won't be afraid to express it , having an opinion is really important in the line of work I'm planning to go through :)
D33d
I've managed to force myself to work out properly and eat well over the past few months--nothing over-the-top, but enough to get me in something resembling proper shape. Since I got into it for real, I've lost upwards of three inches off my waist and I'm getting some actual definition everywhere, even in the abs.

I'm also managing to get even more gigs and shows on the go, and generally making myself a little more outgoing. Money's getting a lot better and I'm slowly inching towards some actual teaching work. Life's looking up and I love it. This fitness thing's only making me feel even better about myself too.
SpringVine
Didn't play 17 hours already
that's a beggining
show more