forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
DeletedUser_4662594
///
Tiisa
I decided stop thinking about the past constantly and give someone I care for one last chance. I'm happy as things are now, why would I destroy everything for something that happened in the past? I also forgave someone that I used to hate and started to talk to them again, they're actually quite cool now. I also started to play osu! again after two years, this doesn't really better me in any other way than that it makes me feel happy and proud of myself.
PikaCienna
such embarassment
Zafkiele_old
Hmm. What have I done lately to better myself?.. interesting questions.
Nothing... YET

I have realized though, through this question and a little self reflection, that I'm really self conscious (as a good amount of people are), and I pretend to not care. I pretend to not care, and then at the end of the day I keep thinking such negative thoughts to myself that it hurts and it's frustrating.

So I guess in a nutshell, I need to value myself better. But then again, I never feel satisfied with the achievements I get so I'm always hungry for more.
What a problem. :<
Kunino Sagiri
I started devoting myself into making more ebin memes
and happiness
I began to read more. 1 to 3 books a week on average, depending on the length of the book.

I feel like I am hooked for life.
FoundCape
People are so deep in this thread O.O
As for me, I am trying to learn how to stream in osu! :P
-_Lazy_-_old
i poop moar
Magicphoenix

Zafkiele wrote:

Hmm. What have I done lately to better myself?.. interesting questions.
Nothing... YET

I have realized though, through this question and a little self reflection, that I'm really self conscious (as a good amount of people are), and I pretend to not care. I pretend to not care, and then at the end of the day I keep thinking such negative thoughts to myself that it hurts and it's frustrating.

So I guess in a nutshell, I need to value myself better. But then again, I never feel satisfied with the achievements I get so I'm always hungry for more.
What a problem. :<
This is a very common problem. And while I have not perfected solving this problem yet, it has gotten a LOT better.
I could write a long essay here, but I'd best just give you a book to read that has the solution to your exact problem.

It's called "The Power of Now". It shows you how to be a conscious being, living in the present and teach you how to neither worry about the future, nor dwell on the past. Also, how to be happy within the conscious present.
Please do read it!

Also, depending on whether you're a guy or a girl, read Models by Mark Manson. It focuses on pick-up, but really it helps you a lot on self-improvement as well. Such as rich lifestyle, keeping an open heart and not being so self-conscious :)
Jarrizard
The fact that I can't come up with an answer for this thread bothers me. lol
Nathan
Considering trying new things
Korakov
Wake up and do some exercises in the morning, hang-out with my friends, and etc...

But yeah, that was very very rare for me, if someone ask and persuade me to join them, i'm not declining their request, absolutely, i wanna join with them.
GSG95
I shut my mouth.
Chiuyo
Aurani

Chiuyo wrote:

I have it hard to delete pictures and messages I've gotten from people long ago. But I forced myself to delete every picture that makes me sad and every message I've gotten from people I no longer have in my life or people I truly dislike, and I'm going to leave everything that happened this year in the past except from meeting the guy in my dreams this December, and hoping for 2015 to be a good year. Atleast better than 2014.
You should buy a bottle of wine and keep it there for when you find out that all of those "dream guys" are mediocre at best. That's when you need to open the bottle and take a sip from the drink of maturity and look at the past, laughing at it. :p

Point is - just don't get overly attached and emotional to one person. The youth is there to have fun, so enjoy it while you still can~
TrashLyra
Slowly improving myself at everything i do, One step at a time :)
Chiuyo
kaetwo
Well, I started working out, and I need to devote more time into work, and getting into school.
I communicated more to my coworkers and we had a couple shots (my first drinking experience) during our staff xmas dinner. That's something, I guess for an introvert.
Nathan
Stopped trying to multitask so much
Necturion

GSG95 wrote:

I shut my mouth.
...but it seems to piss my parents off :|
TheNekoNextDoor
So, if you've been lurking in the 'What made you cry today?' thread lately, you'd know the whole situation I'm in. For those that don't know, I'll get my post for you.
My situation

TheNekoNextDoor wrote:

It's time to have a little mope.
Okay, a big mope.

So, on Tuesday, I had a science test (Biology - my weak point). I panicked a lot, as you can tell if you read my posts in the "What did you do to better yourself" thread. I didn't answer many questions, and got instantly worried about my overall result.

I got my paper back, and I got an F+ mark. WAY lower than I would've wanted, and also my second F grade in a row in an end of unit test. (Note this is at GCSE level). I AM ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY DEVASTATED.
Plus we had a horrible supply teacher, which made things a LOT worse (actually one of the few times where I actually HATED a teacher)

I just checked on a service my school uses where I can check my levels, reward points, ect.
Due to my test level, my overall grade has dropped to an E.
AND MY PARENTS WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THAT OVERALL GRADE.

I need help. I am letting test grades decide what I'm worth, and beating myself up over it. I'm so close to giving up completely and losing my mind. If I fail the maths upcoming maths test (WHICH IS ON MY BIRTHDAY, EVEN WORSE), I'm lost.

I JUST NEED SO MUCH HELP. I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yesterday, I spoke to my form tutor about what happened with my Biology test and that I was pretty upset about it.

She told me not to worry about it, and she e-mailed my Biology teacher (not the cover teacher who I hated) that I was upset about the mark and that we'd had a conversation. She also told me not to think about the exam, and to think about how good I did in PE instead (she's my PE teacher as well).

Later that day, I spoke to the teacher I usually speak to in these situations, and she said I did a good thing for myself by talking to my form teacher about it. She gave me similar advice.

So, it's all good right now. :)
Poofie
I allways better myself everyday, by sleeping. It is a fast "Reset" for my gaming reflexes and stuff.. :'3 sleeping is nice.
Tamara
I've searched help for the problems I have, I didn't want to seek for help until the first thoughts of "what am I worth" came up. It's not been too long but having someone to talk to really helps. Won't go into detail on what exactly are my problems
- Marco -

GSG95 wrote:

I shut my mouth.
Nathan
I've started to learn how to mod/map
Ryukaii
I'm 15 and dealing with Depression and yes, Overthinking. Even though i'm young, i tend to overthink "Life" things. Such as i will never have a career, I'm not good at anything, i'm better off not being here. Recently, i have been trying to pick myself up. I will be concentrating more on my school work. My aspirations are Voice Acting and Game Development.

Glad you're doing better for your self JAKACHAN. Good luck in the future!
Magicphoenix

Ryukaii wrote:

I'm 15 and dealing with Depression and yes, Overthinking. Even though i'm young, i tend to overthink "Life" things. Such as i will never have a career, I'm not good at anything, i'm better off not being here. Recently, i have been trying to pick myself up. I will be concentrating more on my school work. My aspirations are Voice Acting and Game Development.

Hey man, it's really impressive that you already have goals and what you want to become in the future (Voice Acting, that's cool as fuck!). That's a big driving force for everything you do in life, so make sure never to let go of those goals!
You might want to read "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle to solve your overthinking problems :) It's a bit spiritual but a huge help for everyone, that I know of, who read it. Also, Feeling Good The New Mood Therapy by David Burns has helped a lot of people out of depression. I know it's in no way easy to deal with depression and it's really not cool that you have to deal with it, so stay strong a'ight? :)

Good luck bro, you're still young so don't forget living the way you want it and always, always improving on yourself (ofc also do that when you get older! :D)

PS: If you want the pdf of those books send me a pm.
Ryukaii

Magicphoenix wrote:

Ryukaii wrote:

Hey man, it's really impressive that you already have goals and what you want to become in the future (Voice Acting, that's cool as fuck!). That's a big driving force for everything you do in life, so make sure never to let go of those goals!
You might want to read "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle to solve your overthinking problems :) It's a bit spiritual but a huge help for everyone, that I know of, who read it. Also, Feeling Good The New Mood Therapy by David Burns has helped a lot of people out of depression. I know it's in no way easy to deal with depression and it's really not cool that you have to deal with it, so stay strong a'ight? :)

Good luck bro, you're still young so don't forget living the way you want it and always, always improving on yourself (ofc also do that when you get older! :D)

PS: If you want the pdf of those books send me a pm.
Hey dude. Yeah, Voice Acting and Game Development have always been a passion of mine. I can do Anime/Videogame voice impressions, and i am even in a fandub of Angel Beats coming out very soon ^_^. I plan to go public with voice acting by putting it in my Indie RPG i shall be working on.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations! Will definitely check them out. ^_^
Poofie
After rough day, and losing my tablet area.. I managed to recover myself and get some nice fc's :3 and few top #50's ^-^ Happy !
kaetwo

Ryukaii wrote:

I think you're pretty well off and doing good at the moment. Depression just complicates life so much, and I personally have severe depression (and insomnia and other things that I found out after like autism) to the point where I wasn't attending much school, and then I got demitted last March. You have goals. That's the most important thing. I thought that myself, that I'll never get anywhere in life. Yet, that's what I'm scared of.

Don't give up, and stay strong. Don't quit schooling, it'll get you somewhere. Focus on yourself and do what makes you happy. Depression isn't something you can really get rid of, you can only minimize it. You can never say you're not good at anything. Always keep learning, and putting the effort in what you like to do, and always keep improving.

I'm 18 years, turning 19 this April. I would've been a high school graduate last summer but, well you know what I said before. I've been trying to get active, more fit, and most importantly trying to get somewhere in life. I've been applying to college, planning to take industrial design and woodshop and constantly checking up with them to see my status. I currently work at a restaurant as a senior apprentice for their sushi bar. I hope to open a Japanese restaurant myself someday. I've had issues with my girlfriend, and I have been taking the time to kind of reflect on what kind of person I am, and what I can do to improve my personality and behaviours.
idkfa lolz
i started playing osu because of league (huehahe)
and quit playing league because of osu

best decision ever

oh yeah and for some reason i've overcome the schizophrenic episodes i've had for a couple months (probably from a bad lsd trip i've had), which is really nice and comforting

and if things work out fine i'll be going back to school this summer to get a proper graduation which i screwed up before because i was being a stupid 17 year old, and that's also really cool because that whole 'cutting myself off of social things' thing is starting to get somewhat out of hand for me lately
remarkz1

cogulol wrote:

i started playing osu because of league (huehahe)
and quit playing league because of osu

best decision ever

oh yeah and for some reason i've overcome the schizophrenic episodes i've had for a couple months (probably from a bad lsd trip i've had), which is really nice and comforting

and if things work out fine i'll be going back to school this summer to get a proper graduation which i screwed up before because i was being a stupid 17 year old, and that's also really cool because that whole 'cutting myself off of social things' thing is starting to get somewhat out of hand for me lately
I know that feel I quit playing league 1 week ago don't even miss it lol!
Nathan
Set some good goals for myself
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
I started thinking about quitting smoking.
kaetwo
I started getting into alcohol, and I can tell you I'm an obnoxious piece of shit under alcoholic influence.
unko
i'm already the best
WingSilent
Looking about buying new glasses. 8-)
Kapson
Nothing kek
Pawsu
I recently heard some good advice, even though it wasn't really directed to me, but it inspired me.
"I just don't care. You shouldn't care either. Just do what you want without doing something stupid, Im using instinct"
this helped some how, I always over worry and i'm so anxious at times, and idk, hearing this brought some closure
with that, I hope to become stronger by not worrying and put my trust in others
Tiisa
I'm finally going to get my sight checked tomorrow and probably get glasses.
show more