forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Treekii

Uncle Druidus wrote:

Damn, I see alot of people doing all those things to make their life better. And me, I'm just sitting here doing nothing, almost failing at two subjects. lmao
Are you me? ;_;
unko
i made saibaquest
Dokixdoki
Quit watching anime for a while to focus on school T_T Getting time to swim more too
Uncle Druidus

[ Tree ] wrote:

Uncle Druidus wrote:

Damn, I see alot of people doing all those things to make their life better. And me, I'm just sitting here doing nothing, almost failing at two subjects. lmao
Are you me? ;_;
Idk probably.-.
Nathan
Made some friends I guess :3
ERA Puzzle

sukiNathan wrote:

Made some friends I guess :3
Hi New friend! <3~
Bweh
I quit osu
vizzy
Being more empathetic and communicative.
[ Scarlet Red ]
Hey, great job on trying to better your anger problems. I'm currently very depressive and get offended easily with no process of fixing the type of person I am
What I do to combat depression at a time is listen to music and play guitar
I write, I also talk to people. But I doubt I could ever fix my depression or sensitivity long term, I'm trying though!
black_arachnia

DJPuzzle wrote:

I exercise (nearly) every day sans weekends and I have for the past 4 years. It's something I resolved on a while ago and since then I've kept vigilant and am very proud of the way I look/feel and the fact that I've pushed myself to do it for 4 years now. ^^

Otherwise, I quit playing League of Legends. I was addicted to the game and played it for all the wrong reasons. It made me get incredibly upset and frustrated with myself and I felt really toxic. I started playing less and less and that's when I slipped into Osu, and I started to realize that League wasn't going to go anywhere for me and stressed me out and made me upset with myself. Ever since quitting, I've felt a huge relief and don't feel pressured anymore to play or to do well. Instead I can just play Osu and have fun :D

The other thing is I've decided to stop drinking soda. It's too bad for me T~T
Basically me, except with Dota 2. God, that game became toxic quick when it became free to play instead of invite only, holy crap.

As for me, I'm studying Korean to start teaching English abroad as a job in Korea next year. I lived in Japan for about 2 years teaching English there, and I liked it so I'm going to do it again, only with Korea this time. Pretty decent job, even though it's nothing compared to being a real teacher...
Nathan
Stretching before osu! >_<
MarvlPhoenix
Trying to accept something which I can't change either
Geo
I don't remember me doing anything to better myself, I've always been someone who think a lot, maybe a little too much wich sometime screw me and end up creating problems that weren't even there.
I'm someone who has been backstabbed a lot, either by friends or by the person that I love, and because of that all I have to do is to think wisely and pretty much all my anger or sadness just goes away in one instant and I'm able to live "properly" I guess ?
Just keep in mind that nothing is eternal and there's always someone worse off than you.

I'll also add that looking up to peoples who has been through much worse times than you definitely help a lot, I can guarantee that.
Anyway this is a really interesting topic, thanks for creating it.
Ringohan
I'm facing my fear and anxiety whilst dealing with my past, even though I would rather hide under the bed covers for all eternity.
I'm trying to put my own selfish wishes aside to listen to my boyfriend when he's in need, because I realise that he needs me just as much as I need him.
I tried detoxing my body, but I kinda failed (as I love sugar in my tea :cry: ), but! Instead I've changed my lifestyle, even though it takes a lot of willpower to keep it up. I want to get better, though. It's definitely not helping on my sleeping pattern and depression.

I also want to say good job to you guys in here. Keep fighting, you're not alone!
Kedi
Quit smoking .
26. Day woooo
kidlat020
realizing that humans are high maintenance and low rewards/returns. said maintenance include "respect" and "dealing with their pride" and of course, "authority". this principle really changed how I look at the world.

in retrospect, computers/machines/AI are low maintenance and very high rewards. I mean admit it, most of the time they're our source of income with whatever job we do in our PC. Myself I am an internet cafe owner and this only stressed my point even further.

Sometimes humans do not realize they're extremely reliant on technology and yet I wonder where do they get the capacity of getting this "pride" thing of theirs. truly, they're high maintenance and low rewards.

But you'd argue humans created machines. Perhaps clinging into the last Ace that humans are still superior to machines.

Point taken. but it only draws a simple conclusion. Humans should focus on building/creating. But heck, machines are a better builder than humans themselves. so strictly speaking its not creativity either.

But what? See the spoiler for the answer that would change your viewpoint forever.

Innovation
Tiisa
Realised that I need to let the past go, I won't get any better if I keep reminding myself of traumatic situations from the past.
Ekoro
i realized recently i can't handle most of close friendship (i'm annoying everyone by complaining everyday) so i think that going away for a while is the best way, although i still talk to some people.

well most of people didn't like this and yelled at me, but it's not like coming back will solve everything lol
Sousaki
I have been playing less and I also focused more on real life :)
Nyxa
Cool thread.

Started working on eating better
Put more trust into my girlfriend to decrease unnecessary paranoia
Also encouraging more openness and other stuff to further improve the relationship
Being more self conscious about what I say and how it affects others
Taking others' negative comments less personally by trying to figure out why they'd say them
Trying to take positive comments more seriously
Being more critical about my own maps and less nitpicky on those of others
Not overpracticing to the point of exhaustion every time so that I can actually improve my playing again
Trying to loosen up a little

I'm always working on lots of things but never make lots of progress with any of them. The length of this list doesn't mean as much as it might appear to

Also, I agree. Being yourself and accepting your flaws doesn't mean you can't work to improve them.
kidlat020
Also, I agree. Being yourself and accepting your flaws doesn't mean you can't work to improve them.
I am nijigen-kun (2D-kun. you know what that means). meaning I shouldn't "go out".
- Yuuto -
eat some snacks
AnglBunny
Taking others' negative comments less personally by trying to figure out why they'd say them
I'm glad you pointed this out. Sometimes it's difficult to see that everyone has their own backstory...

Trying to take positive comments more seriously
Something I also need to work on personally. I tend to be more hard on myself than others, and am never really convinced when I'm being told something positive
AskonNox
I'm trying to actually use the advice i'm giving away to other people. The last couple of months were really hard...to be honest this whole year was just a mess.
I felt like i've been thrown back 5 years in the past where i felt that my life wasn't worth anything.
Buuuut, like i said i'm trying to use my own advice and improve my behaviour. I'm only at the start of this but i have a good feeling ^-^
DeletedUser_4662594
///
Tiisa
I decided stop thinking about the past constantly and give someone I care for one last chance. I'm happy as things are now, why would I destroy everything for something that happened in the past? I also forgave someone that I used to hate and started to talk to them again, they're actually quite cool now. I also started to play osu! again after two years, this doesn't really better me in any other way than that it makes me feel happy and proud of myself.
PikaCienna
such embarassment
Zafkiele_old
Hmm. What have I done lately to better myself?.. interesting questions.
Nothing... YET

I have realized though, through this question and a little self reflection, that I'm really self conscious (as a good amount of people are), and I pretend to not care. I pretend to not care, and then at the end of the day I keep thinking such negative thoughts to myself that it hurts and it's frustrating.

So I guess in a nutshell, I need to value myself better. But then again, I never feel satisfied with the achievements I get so I'm always hungry for more.
What a problem. :<
Kunino Sagiri
I started devoting myself into making more ebin memes
and happiness
I began to read more. 1 to 3 books a week on average, depending on the length of the book.

I feel like I am hooked for life.
FoundCape
People are so deep in this thread O.O
As for me, I am trying to learn how to stream in osu! :P
-_Lazy_-_old
i poop moar
Magicphoenix

Zafkiele wrote:

Hmm. What have I done lately to better myself?.. interesting questions.
Nothing... YET

I have realized though, through this question and a little self reflection, that I'm really self conscious (as a good amount of people are), and I pretend to not care. I pretend to not care, and then at the end of the day I keep thinking such negative thoughts to myself that it hurts and it's frustrating.

So I guess in a nutshell, I need to value myself better. But then again, I never feel satisfied with the achievements I get so I'm always hungry for more.
What a problem. :<
This is a very common problem. And while I have not perfected solving this problem yet, it has gotten a LOT better.
I could write a long essay here, but I'd best just give you a book to read that has the solution to your exact problem.

It's called "The Power of Now". It shows you how to be a conscious being, living in the present and teach you how to neither worry about the future, nor dwell on the past. Also, how to be happy within the conscious present.
Please do read it!

Also, depending on whether you're a guy or a girl, read Models by Mark Manson. It focuses on pick-up, but really it helps you a lot on self-improvement as well. Such as rich lifestyle, keeping an open heart and not being so self-conscious :)
Jarrizard
The fact that I can't come up with an answer for this thread bothers me. lol
Nathan
Considering trying new things
Korakov
Wake up and do some exercises in the morning, hang-out with my friends, and etc...

But yeah, that was very very rare for me, if someone ask and persuade me to join them, i'm not declining their request, absolutely, i wanna join with them.
GSG95
I shut my mouth.
Chiuyo
Aurani

Chiuyo wrote:

I have it hard to delete pictures and messages I've gotten from people long ago. But I forced myself to delete every picture that makes me sad and every message I've gotten from people I no longer have in my life or people I truly dislike, and I'm going to leave everything that happened this year in the past except from meeting the guy in my dreams this December, and hoping for 2015 to be a good year. Atleast better than 2014.
You should buy a bottle of wine and keep it there for when you find out that all of those "dream guys" are mediocre at best. That's when you need to open the bottle and take a sip from the drink of maturity and look at the past, laughing at it. :p

Point is - just don't get overly attached and emotional to one person. The youth is there to have fun, so enjoy it while you still can~
TrashLyra
Slowly improving myself at everything i do, One step at a time :)
show more