forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
JAKACHAN
Little update for myself:

Went to the doctor today and was prescribed something that should help me with my running mind and anger even more. Will start it today, but it wont kick in for a few days to a week. I'm hoping for the best but we will see how it goes!
dkun
Let's try pinning this for a while.
Mr Capuce
I decided to focus on just one thing per day. What can I do today that will improve my wellbeing in the future? Today I'm eating clean. Good, healthy, nutritious food. That's it. The length of my commitment: 24 hours. Tomorrow, who knows! Maybe a shower long enough to drain all the hot water out the tank. ahhh.. Anyhow, that's tomorrow.

I'd like to hear what others have done for themselves today. One new thing please, that you don't usually do, but would improve your future if you did.

How about... stop looking up forums and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I want some feedback in 24 hrs as to how you all went or now if you've already done something new and different. Let me know...
Miyu
I recently got the courage and the will to fight for my goals and focus on the things i want to realize irl
i have been working out on me and on my problems since last year and this changed me a lot specially communicative wise
i used to be and i still am quite the introvert person from a few ages back, it all started when i quit high school because i couldn't take it anymore
might sound hard to believe but i had a depression when i was around 16/17 and i gave up on everything, until now i wasn't able to completely back up from it,i just found it impossible and summing it up up with real /online drama it made everything even worse for me so i was unable to completely fix it.
I still am on the track,there is times i fall down and quite hard sometimes tho i have learned to stand up and walk again on that road and one of the most important things that someone thought me is to share the burden as in allowing someone else carry a bit of the heavy weight that's on shoulders and trust me..this helped me a ton and i am glad i got to realize that.

so things said i applied to a vocational school where i will be finishing my remaining high school years (which is 3) by doing what i love the most which is digital art and i couldn't be more excited about it and its just mind blown for close people and myself,which is actually good!
isn't that a great feeling to have in the end of the day,right?just the fact that i was able to call to the school sign up and actually go there..its a big time boost up for the person that i am and gladly i am going to continue walking and realize my dreams because life is short and you need to live it even if you think that no one is there for you,no one cares yet there is always someone who does and wishes you well in life,so im doing that for myself..my grandparents and mom which have been there for me since i was a peanut sized human and someone really special in osu! who has been supporting me even way before knowing me well.

im sorry guys for the long novel but i hope even if its a small wish of mine and im being able to realize it im sure you can also do it,just don't give up and keep on walking even if its to much of a ''mainstream word'' that everyone listens to but as soon as you apply that into your mind,it will make a big time difference

side note
i went through a lot of issues i was actually indirectly called dumb/stupid because i didn't finished my high school but hey look i am a smart and willing person even without the proper school education, yet i was well raised and like Einstein (in case you even know who that sir was) he wasn't either the greatest mathematician/ Physicist or had a great school education yet he turned out to be the best scientist in the surface of this planet. And to you who is going to ''university'',having that kind of behavior wont either get you anywhere just proves how stupid you are for making fun of people that has larger issues then you.
LunarFox
I usually make excuses to myself to avoid any social interaction for some reason like finishing homework, too tired to talk etc.. So I've been trying to force myself to talk to people even if I don't want to. (Unless I hate them)
Mogsy
In general removing myself from toxic situations and environments and trying to pursue what I actually want to pursue instead of settling with what other people expect of me.

Translation: quitting my job and more actively pursuing my music.
Kyno
Started to run with ankle weights and just the weights that you hold to hope i could get faster and stronger.
I'm not in track or anything, just its one of those things that would kind of help you in the long run.
Gumpy
Quit League.
ztrot
I lost loads of weight :D
Kyonko Hizara
I've been doing long wig projects to keep myself doing something and not sitting all day. I really want to make more wigs so that I can get my shop more known, so I've been doing this big project to really show the skill that I have with it.

ztrot wrote:

I lost loads of weight :D
sooooo...pics pls? :U
Corin
I've been making a few of my projects fully automated so I have more time to kick back and relax a little. Feels so much better rather than being stressed to brink of a breakdown every day.
KazmiSain
My family has been worried about me, since im always in front of the computer playing video game and watching anime.
They are always saying the same thing over and over again like
Ex. ' You should go outside the weather is great. and ' you should socialize yourself more'
I cant blame them cuz they are right.

As a person iam shy and quiet. This is probly cuz of my speech disorder (stuttering) and Social anxiety disorder (SAD). In high school i got bullied a lot bcuz of my speech disorder, which also lowered my selfconfidence. I hated reading out loud for the class because my classmates, were grining and trying hard not to laugh out loud.
But i had a couple of good freinds, who were backing me up during that hard time.

My parents suggested that i should go to a private school this year, because its less students and the teachers care more.

Im also going to speak with a speech therapist soo that i stutter less and can build up my selfconfidence.
Im trying to get out of the house more
Im trying to use my computer and cell phone less now
Im going to bed earlier
Im going to be more social
Im less lazy then b4 and i started exercising
YamiHikari
Started revising, and basically strive for higher goals.
Dawgy

kynolenkun wrote:

Started to run with ankle weights and just the weights that you hold to hope i could get faster and stronger.
I'm not in track or anything, just its one of those things that would kind of help you in the long run.
>Help you in the long run.

That double entendre tho.

Is it not painful to wear weights around your ankles when you run? I feel as if I would injure myself if I tried to do that while jogging.
Riyeko

KazmiSain wrote:

My family has been worried about me, since im always in front of the computer playing video game and watching anime.
They are always saying the same thing over and over again like
Ex. ' You should go outside the weather is great. and ' you should socialize yourself more'
I cant blame them cuz they are right.

As a person iam shy and quiet. This is probly cuz of my speech disorder (stuttering) and Social anxiety disorder (SAD). In high school i got bullied a lot bcuz of my speech disorder, which also lowered my selfconfidence. I hated reading out loud for the class because my classmates, were grining and trying hard not to laugh out loud.
But i had a couple of good freinds, who were backing me up during that hard time.

My parents suggested that i should go to a private school this year, because its less students and the teachers care more.

Im also going to speak with a speech therapist soo that i stutter less and can build up my selfconfidence.
Im trying to get out of the house more
Im trying to use my computer and cell phone less now
Im going to bed earlier
Im going to be more social
Im less lazy then b4 and i started exercising
Good job and good luck! :D
Skriggniichan
Been a while and don't know if we can post several times about stuff, but I'm fully able to run a mile and a half and my physique has grown (along with my self confidence.) Already gained 10 pounds and can feel more energy in my body; it feels good to exercise.

P.S. JAKACHAN other than the rock climbing you do is there any other physical training you're committed to? Want to find new things to add to my routine.
Bweh
Started cleaning up around the house, fixing up broken furniture and cleaning year-old messes around the workshop and garage. I can only put in a couple hours a day into it due to allergies but things are looking up rather nicely.

Started running and lifting again too; sleep schedule's still a mess though.
-Seren-
staying away from people who can lower my self-esteem; accepting people; trying to feel less detached even tho it's a bit hard (cos some days I think that it's better to be rather detached and distant. people are so fake anyway); and opening up to people when I could
Sakura_rocks

-Seren- wrote:

staying away from people who can lower my self-esteem; accepting people; trying to feel less detached even tho it's a bit hard (cos some days I think that it's better to be rather detached and distant. people are so fake anyway); and opening up to people when I could
this is so inspiring, and its true ppl are fake . soooo fake
birra

Sakura_rocks wrote:

-Seren- wrote:

this is so inspiring, and its true ppl are fake . soooo fake
not all of them, ofc.
Azure_Kite
I've been keeping myself busy. constantly working on what I've learnt and applying it to my own projects.
Topic Starter
JAKACHAN
Little update for me:

I have still been in California and actually extended my trip to an entire month. I have also decided once this trip ends to move back and will be driving back to California with all my stuff coming next week. I will be pursuing a career in photography and film and will be attempting to become sponsored by one of my favorite climbing companies. Everything is going well and falling into place!
Amianki

CalignoBot wrote:

I got a job at a grocery store (primarily to start paying on the student loan bills) and have been focusing almost entirely on making sure my coworkers and managers have as positive an opinion as possible about me. Primarily, I've been trying to improve communication in my department and become a support that people can rely on since... our department is notorious for having people leave or get forcibly kicked out within two months of them joining. One side effect of working here is that I'm also actually gaining social skills since I never talked to anyone during high school.
I'm really damn glad I had the foresight to do this, since I was made aware of a future job opportunity that can finally get me out of that horrific work environment. Both of the managers I had worked under are pretty much guaranteed to give a full positive review of me when asked, and I have a couple other professional references from my coworkers that can point out that the strong points of my personality align perfectly with what they're looking for. On top of that, I have three people within the company I'm shooting for that can do the same thing. My resume is already completely done and ready to roll, so I basically only have to worry about making some kind of fatal mistake in an interview because I'm basically set.

Just having that job instead of my current one would improve my life drastically. Even discounting better pay and more benefits, pretty much everything is better. The hours are consistent (my current job is nowhere near consistent; I have times where I close the department at 9PM and have to be there at 7AM 2 days later), the work environment is calmer and supportive (constant stress about having to multitask various things while also worrying about having to help the front end at my current job), the dress code is incredibly lax (I walked to work in the company's 'uniform', which is basically winter clothes; SUMMER IS FUN), I sit for most of the day (it's hard to walk after most shifts since I work 9 hours a day; virtually all of it is on my feet), etc. etc.

The only real downside is that I'd be talking to people over a phone, which I don't have the best time doing. |:

Otherwise, I"m a lot more comfortable with where my life is going now than I did a couple months ago. Now I just need to get my motivation back and I'll be set \o/
piruchan
I just performed, on stage (actually not, the stage was too small for the group I'm in, so we decided not to perform on it). And I spontaneously talked to people I don't know during the orientation period.

I got the fresh start that I want in university and I'm not going to waste it. And I also want a girlfriend ;_;
DestinySonata
I learned php the three days ago and immediately used it on a project that was due yesterday.
I really do think that php will really help me later on.
urosdj11
I started to go outside.
Gumpy
I bought some Manga.
Raiku

JAKACHAN wrote:

Little update for me:

I have still been in California and actually extended my trip to an entire month. I have also decided once this trip ends to move back and will be driving back to California with all my stuff coming next week. I will be pursuing a career in photography and film and will be attempting to become sponsored by one of my favorite climbing companies. Everything is going well and falling into place!
I can't wait to be a part of this soon
Saienti
-
Katze
1. I decided to not continue school because I couldn't do it anymore.
2. I'll start learning for my drivers license soon, and I'll also start my apprenticeship as stewardess in a few weeks.
La Volpe
I renewed my gym membership and payed for a personal trainer, my body might not be ready for this.
DeletedUser_3905941
ive stopped smoking for a whole 2 days
ssaruhiko
I've started to become more open to others at school and left my problems behind in the past and I'm going to follow my life goals! :)
kirueggy
After getting blocked on Instagram by 8 of my classmates I just decided the best and only decision was to be an asshole just to them...
Jordan

kirueggy wrote:

After getting blocked on Instagram by 8 of my classmates I just decided the best and only decision was to be an asshole just to them...
#firstworldproblems
Birdy

Jordan wrote:

kirueggy wrote:

#firstworldproblems
I lol'd.
Gumpy
Have not played league for 2 weeks.
Plus_old_1
Got a haircut for the first time in a year, feels good.
Raisha Millenia
studying, not watching tv for 1 week
[ Kubolo ]
Studying a lot :v
show more