forum

Stress issues while playing Osu help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KazmiSain
I have this problem when i play Osu. When im playing Osu, i like to set goals like how much i want in combo at that paticular song or something like that.
Ex. lets say that i pick a song with max combo 1000, my goal is to get 600 combo at that song, lets say that i came even further then 600 combo while playing
that hard map.
When i reach high comboes, i start to sweat + and my head gets really hot, kinda like overheating. Then i get negative thoughts like :
If u fail now all these comboes will go to waste n stuff.

Guess what happends? I fail when its like 10 seconds left of the song.... :cry:

How do i prevent this issue, and what do u guys do to stay calm while playing Osu?
Trauter
We don't stay calm.
If you fail just go kill yourself.

OT: Everybody feel stress when playing.
Just imagine pro players doing they best scores.
jackisgone
just play and play and play and play, etc
SayonaraBye
Go beyond your goals
Mofu kun
I have the exact same problem.
I'm surprised I've actually full comboed anything.
B1rd
don't set goals. don't think. just click the circles that you see and don't think about anything else.
AutoMedic
Dont think anything when playing osu!

Just tell yourself all you have to do is click circles
Corin

KazmiSain wrote:

I have this problem when i play Osu. When im playing Osu, i like to set goals like how much i want in combo at that paticular song or something like that.
Ex. lets say that i pick a song with max combo 1000, my goal is to get 600 combo at that song, lets say that i came even further then 600 combo while playing
that hard map.
When i reach high comboes, i start to sweat + and my head gets really hot, kinda like overheating. Then i get negative thoughts like :
If u fail now all these comboes will go to waste n stuff.

Guess what happends? I fail when its like 10 seconds left of the song.... :cry:

How do i prevent this issue, and what do u guys do to stay calm while playing Osu?
comboes

And none of us really stay calm now, however now that pp is introduced, weather you miss or not doesn't seem to matter so...
Vish024
Keep a clear mind, just focus on clicking the circles and don't think about it too much. What I'd find is that replaying a map more than 6-ish times was just boring, after a certain point give up and return to it later. Also take breaks, there is such a thing as overplaying which causes you to tire and lose control/concentration. Return refreshed, warm up and keep playing.

Also don't take the bloody game too seriously, that's what causes the unnecessary stress and pressure which subsequently forces you to lose concentration and fail. Not the end of the universe if you don't full combo a map. If the game causes too much stress then you're clearly not enjoying it, take a break.
DeletedUser_4041880

LaVolpe024 wrote:

What I'd find is that replaying a map more than 6-ish times was just boring
Adding to this part: Not only would it be boring, it would most likely be extremely frustrating as well. Like LaVolpe024 said, don't take the game too seriously. You're just clicking circles after all.
K E N N
You need to have your full concentration on just Osu alone, no thoughts, just keep focusing on the beatmap and song that is playing currently.
Sylveon
i just accept it now... if im doing well in a map my heart rate will go up whether its an easy map/hard/insane etc.. doesn't matter. and I always think to myself 'dont mess up' 'ok now you mess up'. I just think nothing of it really, its just the normal things that go through my mind, I can't help it and I don't get stressed over it anymore... its very hard not to think when playing a map... heck you are thinking to yourself 'don't think' but you are! xD

some people are better at really focusing and literally not thinking and going into a trance then others.. unfortunately I am not, but I'm passed bieng annoyed about it
GenoClysm
ever since i've given up on improving at any set rate at osu, i've gotten much better
the less you mandate yourself to acomplish, the easier it'll be
i dont know, that's how it's been for me
Cloudchaser
Try to take a rest from osu then continue, stress is bad and remember, this is just a game.
Jambon Beurre
just play the song 100 times and you'll pass it x)
Kouya-
If you concentrate and keep your cool to not think of anything while playing, I'm sure you'll do fine ~
ixsq

Rienae wrote:

Go beyond your goals
Exactly. If the max combo is 1000, go for 1200. Be the first one to get a SSS.
Cocaine dog
everyone has this, I don't sweat though.. but I get shaky..
Just retry,retry and u'll get it and most likely with better accuracy so double-win
Gumpy
Or just be half asleep and you wont think about anything else.
Red_Spade_old
When you feel like that, pause the game and relax for a bit (but then the adrenaline dies down).

In my case however, my keyboard dies down.