forum

Advice from high-ranked players

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko

Pettanko wrote:

50k scrub with 1500 playcount
50k after only 1500 plays thats pretty fucking good. i'd listen to him.
Akali

ashketchum1234 wrote:

http://howtoimproveatosu.tk/
This stopped being funny long time ago. Moreover, just playing more might not be as effective as having proper approach and using your time correctly.

Even if you do 20km runs everyday but don't do any stretching you will be shit runner in the end.
buny
Technically playing more is the only approach

We can adapt "play more" into "play more hard stuff", does that make it sound better?
Akali

buny wrote:

Technically playing more is the only approach

We can adapt "play more" into "play more hard stuff", does that make it sound better?
no
Purple

Aqo wrote:

mfw I'm in the op
mfw entire thread is about that fact
tfw I knew this would come up

for people who don't like my advice: you don't have to take it
it's all based on collected experience from both myself and many others. very few of it is opinions, most of it is "I know of several people who did this (or something similar) and it worked for them, so I'm offering you to try it as well" do what you want with it.
mfw you say "mfw" with no picture to go with it
mfw I recommend using this

Oh yeah, nice post OP. Sticky pls
AbsoluteFenrir
This is an amazing glossary for new players such as myself!
Thanks so much for all this information that would've been difficult to find otherwise.
Vuelo Eluko

Purple wrote:

Aqo wrote:

mfw I'm in the op
mfw entire thread is about that fact
tfw I knew this would come up

for people who don't like my advice: you don't have to take it
it's all based on collected experience from both myself and many others. very few of it is opinions, most of it is "I know of several people who did this (or something similar) and it worked for them, so I'm offering you to try it as well" do what you want with it.
mfw you say "mfw" with no picture to go with it
mfw I recommend using this

Oh yeah, nice post OP. Sticky pls
Sweet post bro! Absolute "Epic" upvoted! xD
B1rd
hmm very nice I read everything.
Topic Starter
Gigo

AbsoluteFenrir wrote:

This is an amazing glossary for new players such as myself!
Thanks so much for all this information that would've been difficult to find otherwise.
You're welcome! My first goal was to compile the information, which would otherwise be scattered all over the place. My second goal is to reduce the amount of stupid threads in Gameplay & Rankings... at least partially.

If only people could learn how to search before asking questions, which have been answered thousands of times. Wishful thinking...
Illkryn

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

imo if your rank # is lower than your total PP you're a "high rank player"

this number is adaptive and subject to change all the time so it works
Lemme drop some advice, play more 8^)
Topic Starter
Gigo
I managed to update this with several more answers. Finding quality answers gets more difficult. If you guys know any, you can post them and I will update the OP.
ZenithPhantasm

Illkryn wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

imo if your rank # is lower than your total PP you're a "high rank player"

this number is adaptive and subject to change all the time so it works
Lemme drop some advice, play more 8^)
When is play count considered "alot"?
Karuta-_old_1

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

that depends on how good you want to be
award0707
Good work OP. Actual, solid, applicable information instead of the usual "play more" and "do what works for you" non-advice. I found the stuff about reading low AR particularly interesting.
ZenithPhantasm
Sticky please.
thelewa
interesting to see someone pick out the good advice that I've given over the years from the pile of garbage that my ask.fm is

I applaud you, reading my old answers has actually made me remember a few good things that even I had forgotten about accuracy and such
Topic Starter
Gigo
Going through your ask.fm was probably the most tiring thing I've ever done in my life. At some point, while I kept clicking the "View More" button, my computer actually froze for a minute because of the sheer amount of questions that was loading. At another point, I accidentally refreshed my page, so I had to start all over (that was after 20 or so minutes of clicking "View More").

Thanks though.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Sticky please.
I don't think they are gonna sticky this, but you can bookmark this thread for future reference. :P
I Give Up

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

When it comes to play count there is no such thing as "alot". It's the top plays that matter.
BitComet
Topic Starter
Gigo
I've added several answers. I have also added "(NEW)" after the latest answers, so it would be easier to see what are the new additions. From now on, I will be doing this after every update.

Thanks to BitComet, who provided the above link. If you guys wish to contribute as well, it would be much appreciated. ;)
Cebby
arigato :D
Infevo
Please sticky! Greatest thread idea imo.
vsprite
play more

BitComet wrote:

http://ask.fm/thelewa/answer/119134438390
Topic Starter
Gigo
Oh wow, it seems that someone bumped my thread. Much appreciated.

In case anyone is wondering, I am still updating the OP with informative answers, so if you guys know of any hidden gems of knowledge that I missed, please link it here and I will put it in the first post.
-Makishima S-
Pls god damn stick this topic, it's realy great made.

Risa
What a great first post and the only meaningful necro ive seen in so long
Endie-
Allot of work went into this. Well done
KanoSet

[Taiga] wrote:

Pls god damn stick this topic, it's realy great made.

srsly why it's not sticky alrdy
Kyrari
Back when people still used askfm... this is still pretty informative tbh even though some of the accounts are gone now
cubic_player

Neliel wrote:

I dont have an ask.fm account and I am not famous.

But my advice is :

SPOILER
Play more and stop searching the board and other websites for tips or anything if you could use the time to actually improve. Always play what you cant play.

Sorry for my bad english. :P

no bad english