forum

karmin - Acapella

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shushan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 06 February 2015 at 12:44:39

Artist: karmin
Title: Acapella
BPM: 85
Filesize: 3604kb
Play Time: 03:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.65 stars, 199 notes)
  2. hard x2 (3.82 stars, 546 notes)
  3. Hard (3 stars, 378 notes)
  4. Insane (4.94 stars, 633 notes)
  5. karminsane (5.1 stars, 834 notes)
  6. Normal (1.67 stars, 262 notes)
Download: karmin - Acapella
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
my first (normal and not troll) map
_DG
Hello, this was an m4m because you modded my marathon map, so I am keeping my end of the deal.

Firstly, there is something wrong with your map's timing:
  1. Your map has too many timing points and it is unnecessary. By a few timing tests I have confirmed that you can use BPM of 85 and an offset of 2752 and it will properly fit the map.
With this, you might have to rework on your map a lot with the new timing changes and all (in other words, remap a better spread.)

Now, on to the mod. Because of the timing suggestion I had just given, it takes out most of what I'll be noting down, so here are the remaining things I'll be saying:
  1. For an Easy, you should probably avoid having too many overlaps, and overlaps that do not look good, such as 00:25:343 (1,2) - . If you were to make it symmetrical you would be breaking the distance snap consistency and that is not really recommended for an Easy.
  2. Hitsounding is bad and there are a few parts that do not sound sensical, like this one 00:32:048 (1,1) - where you placed the hitclap at the end, and to the song it sounds bad.
  3. 00:34:872 (2,3) - is an example of not being consistent with the distance spacing. Like I said, distance snap inconsistency is not really recommended for an Easy.
  4. The music at 00:42:688 (1) - is not really a good place to map a slider, but it could also be the unnecessary timing point nearby.
  5. 00:45:102 (4,1) - Once more, distance spacing inconsistency and I would not talk about it anymore, hoping you can work out the problems of distance spacing yourself. Additionally there is a bad flow of movement here.
  6. 1/2 sliders such as 00:58:185 (4,5) - are really not wanted in an easy, even if the BPM is slow.
  7. You are placing breaks in an easy where it shouldn't be, such as 01:06:302 - . You can actually map the song where the breaks are.
  8. 01:14:773 (3,4) - Kind of unnecessary to emphasize the vocals by these two short sliders.
  9. 01:21:126 (1) - Spinners that short do not fit the song. I suggest to not use spinners that last 1 tick in an Easy diff.
  10. The last circle at 01:43:185 (2,3,4) - overlapped with the previous slider by a bit.
  11. 01:44:773 (5) - You could new combo this part here, and also this 01:47:597 (4) -
  12. Using red anchors like how you used in 02:04:185 (2) - and 02:07:008 (2) - are not really recommended. You could probably do this for higher diffs that have a higher slider velocity, but not for an easy.
  13. Sliders with reverse arrows such as 02:23:949 (1,1) - are too much, even for an Easy.
  14. 02:46:361 (1) - This is just too awkward to be in the map, and the shape is also very weird, for a question mark.
  15. Just like short sliders, duplet notes like 03:20:005 (3,4,5,6) - should not be present
  16. The thing about Easy is that you should avoid mapping too much and too fast, meaning NO SLIDERS WITH TOO MANY REPEATS and SHORT SLIDERS THAT CREATE CONFUSION TO WEAKER PLAYERS(no offense though, didn't how to explain)

17. About your Normal, i was about to say 2.16 is not advisable, but I read the ranking criteria wrongly. Sorry :\
  18. I think it would be better if you start off all difficulties at the same point, because you started normal at 00:02:790 - and Easy at a point later.
  19. Distance spacing inconsistency in normal.
  20. Your Normal might be fine on the reduction of notes, but it is kind of boring on your placement and rhythm.
  21. Do not stack notes on the same place in Normal, such as 00:45:447 (1,2,3,4) -
  22. 00:56:773 (1,1,1,1) - This kind of 1/2 sliders are not fitting in this map.
  23. You should also reduce the number of overlaps. An example is 01:02:067 (3) -
  24. 01:27:479 (1,2,3) - Just an example of how you have an issue of distance snap inconsistency, because slider 1 and circle 2 is further than circle 2 and circle 3.
  25. 01:28:538 (3,4) - This kind of flow is very weird. There should also be a few in your map here and there.
  26. 01:43:185 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I would want to repeat: Do not stack notes.
  27. 02:01:185 (1) - Even a spinner this short is not recommended. Spinners should not be this short on easier diffs than Hard.
  28. I think it's best that you do not use 0.5x distance spacing. It is better because it could avoid confusion of beats that are too close and what not.
  29. 02:18:302 (1) - Not only this slider is ugly, it is also repeating too much, which should not be allowed to appear a lot in a Normal.
  30. 03:31:266 - It would sound a bit better if you start the spinner here.
[END OF MOD]
...I just can't. Your map has too many things I cannot tolerate.
DizzeY
Hey! I'd like to M4M your map. Here is my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/195336
Check the AIMod, theres pretty much notes that aren't snapped
3 Colors Karmin
00:12:122 (5) - Make it end to a white thick
Karminsane
00:16:933 (1) - Make the slider end to a white thick
Insane x2
00:11:939 (5,6) - Stack them
00:25:541 (2,4) - Stack or seperate
00:38:210 (1) - Remove
01:21:139 (2) - Make the slider sstart from the bottom
01:45:277 (7) - Fix
01:47:605 (1,2,3,4,5) - Make the jumps a little smaller
01:51:398 (7) - Fix
01:52:518 (8) - Fix
Pho
Mod from modding queue~ DENIED.

Sry mate, you broke the rules

"1. I only mod maps which are properly timed.
Please ensure that your map has a reasonable BPM and offset set already. I'm going to ignore horribly timed maps without exception."

I said i mod only appropriately timed maps, this is not even close to it:
I have no idea how you came up with that many different BPMs in this song, it has only a constant one, 85bpm (offset -27)!
Change this up and please, go with Distance snapping in easier maps, they are awful.
No KD for this please.

Greetings,
paseli
Topic Starter
Shushan

paseli wrote:

Mod from modding queue~ DENIED.

Sry mate, you broke the rules

"1. I only mod maps which are properly timed.
Please ensure that your map has a reasonable BPM and offset set already. I'm going to ignore horribly timed maps without exception."

I said i mod only appropriately timed maps, this is not even close to it:
I have no idea how you came up with that many different BPMs in this song, it has only a constant one, 85bpm (offset -27)!
Change this up and please, go with Distance snapping in easier maps, they are awful.
No KD for this please.

Greetings,
paseli
fixed, i just dont know how to update my map... tell me if u can
Pho
It's the same way how you submitted your map: Go to Editor -> 'File' -> 'Upload beatmap...' -> Update beatmap.
DizzeY
And you really should give us our kudosus
Topic Starter
Shushan

TheDizzeY wrote:

And you really should give us our kudosus
1- what is kudosus
2- when i try to update my beatmap it says: this beatmap is currently in the beatmap graveyard...
what should i do?
DizzeY
1 there's a button "give kudosu" or something below our name in the post. it means that person helped you with the map.
2. https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Beatmaps#Graveyard
Topic Starter
Shushan
updated, and given koudus
Squichu
Hi there!
m4m from my queue. :3

General
  1. you only can have one difficulty with a "special" name - the hardest diff. "3 colors kramin" should have a normal name.
    read here - http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria / below mapset, 4th bullet point
  2. decrease hitsound volume!! (hit f6 in editor) this is far too loud
as you obviously are new to mapping Im going to give you some more general advice.
  1. check AIMod regularly, there are many many unsnapped objects, also you have conflicts in timing points
  2. start and end all difficulties at the same point
  3. for Easy and Normal diff - use distance snap and never ever turn it off. that's to ensure readabilty for beginner players. to get a better hang of it just take a look at some recently ranked maps in the editor. you might notice some things you should pay attention to, especially in lower difficulties.
    example - 00:30:987 (1,1,1) - (Easy diff) - too many NCs (new combos), they are unnecessary, combos are there to guide the player to the next object, it's confusing if there are only 1-long combos.
    00:36:987 (1) - (Easy) map to either the beat or the vocals, never both in Easy or Normals. and set Beat Snap Devisor (top right corner) to 1/2 in Easy, in Normal maybe 1/4, but you don't always need blue ticks. they are offbeat in most cases and therefore shouldn't be mapped.
    Spinners should have an appropiate length. this for example 00:28:133 (1) - (Normal) is too short for Normal diff, imo.
there actually is quite a lot you should fix, maybe you should get familiar with the ranking criteria and standard diff settings, take a look at the link I posted above and:
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Easy
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Normal
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Hard
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Insane

also, use patterns, examples -
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Star_Patterns
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Symmetry
these are the only ones from the wiki, but if you look at some ranked maps in the editor you'll see some awesome shapes. there is a guide on how to make beautiful sliders too:
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/37194

Well, try to work with that and call me back so I can properly mod this once you fixed some stuff!
You can also ask me ingame anytime if you have questions about mapping.

and sorry for just posting some links and general advice, but I feel like you'll understand what I'm trying to get across better if you just read through that.
good luck! :3
Topic Starter
Shushan

Squirrel wrote:

Hi there!
m4m from my queue. :3

General
  1. you only can have one difficulty with a "special" name - the hardest diff. "3 colors kramin" should have a normal name.
    read here - http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria / below mapset, 4th bullet point
  2. decrease hitsound volume!! (hit f6 in editor) this is far too loud
as you obviously are new to mapping Im going to give you some more general advice.
  1. check AIMod regularly, there are many many unsnapped objects, also you have conflicts in timing points
  2. start and end all difficulties at the same point
  3. for Easy and Normal diff - use distance snap and never ever turn it off. that's to ensure readabilty for beginner players. to get a better hang of it just take a look at some recently ranked maps in the editor. you might notice some things you should pay attention to, especially in lower difficulties.
    example - 00:30:987 (1,1,1) - (Easy diff) - too many NCs (new combos), they are unnecessary, combos are there to guide the player to the next object, it's confusing if there are only 1-long combos.
    00:36:987 (1) - (Easy) map to either the beat or the vocals, never both in Easy or Normals. and set Beat Snap Devisor (top right corner) to 1/2 in Easy, in Normal maybe 1/4, but you don't always need blue ticks. they are offbeat in most cases and therefore shouldn't be mapped.
    Spinners should have an appropiate length. this for example 00:28:133 (1) - (Normal) is too short for Normal diff, imo.
there actually is quite a lot you should fix, maybe you should get familiar with the ranking criteria and standard diff settings, take a look at the link I posted above and:
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Easy
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Normal
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Hard
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Insane

also, use patterns, examples -
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Star_Patterns
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Symmetry
these are the only ones from the wiki, but if you look at some ranked maps in the editor you'll see some awesome shapes. there is a guide on how to make beautiful sliders too:
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/37194

Well, try to work with that and call me back so I can properly mod this once you fixed some stuff!
You can also ask me ingame anytime if you have questions about mapping.

and sorry for just posting some links and general advice, but I feel like you'll understand what I'm trying to get across better if you just read through that.
good luck! :3
well ty!
i will try read this sometime and i will reply u!
thx a lot!
-Nya-
Hello! M4M from my modding queue.
Well, here's my mod:

General:
1) Go to AiMod (Ctrl+Shift+A)
You have to set a preview point. Go to "Timing" and click on "Set current position as preview point". Check out the pic below.
You can set it at the start of the chorus.
2) All your notes are not snapped. That means they are not on one of those timing lines. Look at the example below.
That is not completely snapped, because it's not on the red line perfectly.
To snap most of your notes, just go to "Timing" again and click on "resnap all notes"
Some of the notes will still not be snapped. Just go to them and make the sliders a bit longer till they're on the lines perfectly.
3) You also have to active distance snap throughout the entire song in Easy and Normal diffs.

Go to AiMod again to fix this. Click on the "Check distance snap" checkbox to activate it.
4) 01:10:516 - Put in some kiai time. You can do that by doing Ctrl+Shift+P, then clicking on the "Style" tab and then clicking on the "kiai mode" checkbox. Put in the kiai time from this point 01:10:516 - to this point 01:33:104 - You can deactivate kiai time by going to this point: 01:33:104 - typing Ctrl+Shift+P, then clicking on the "Style" tab and then unchecking the "kiai mode" checkbox.
As you can see, the kiai time must be during a chorus. So seek out the other chorus parts and just do the same thing like you did above.
5) I also suggest changing your combo colours. Make them support your background image.
6) I don't think you should enable the countdown.
If you don't know where to find my last two suggestions, go to the "song setup" tab.

Easy:
Since you have alot of general stuff to change, I'll just give you a few quick pointers.
1) The slider velocity is too high. Maybe change it to 1.00. Go to the "timing" tab to change the "slider velocity". (It's very important that you go back to your sliders and make them shorter if they don't fit the music.)
1) Distance snapping is a very big issue. Alot of the notes are way too close together. To change your distance spacing, hold in "alt" and scroll your mousewheel. I suggest setting it to: 0/8.
2) 00:18:281 (1,2,3) - This overlapping is not suggested in Easy, since it may be too confusing for beginners, and it's just plain boring.
3) 00:34:869 (1,2,3,4) - Repetitive hitcircles like this is also not suggested in Easy. Rather add a slider from this point: 00:34:869 - to this point: 00:35:575 - and then add a hitcircle here: 00:35:928 - Like this:
4) 00:43:693 (1,2,3,4) - Too much overlapping.
5) 01:10:516 - Add note here.
6) 01:16:163 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Too boring. Put in a mixture of sliders and hitcircles.
There's alot of similar issues in other places where you have to follow my above suggestions.

I'll end my mod here. Firstly, it's important to make that general changes. After you do that, then you can PM me again if you want further suggestions.
And if you have any questions, you can PM me. I'll be more than happy to help.

Good Luck with this map! :D
Topic Starter
Shushan
updated and given koudus...
-Nya-
Hey! Just a few issues . . .
1) In Easy there are still alot of distance snap errors. Remember, Easy and Normal must always be distanced snapped. Check AiMod again and move the notes further that have to be moved further away, and move the notes closer that have to be moved closer.
2) Disable the countdown in all your diffs. But if you don't want to, make sure the countdown is enabled in all your diffs.
3) Your uninherited timing point (the red line) must be exactly the same in all diffs. Press Ctrl+Shift+P and make sure the red line is the same in all diffs.
4) 00:00:000 - Don't place your preview point here. Most mappers place it at the beginning of the chorus. So place yours here: 01:10:516 - in all diffs. The preview point must also be the same in each diff.
5) Your slider velocity is still too high. Change it to 0.90 or 0.80. You'll find it under the "Timing" tab

First, make these changes, then if you're done you can PM me again.
Mortem
Hi, as requested.
you don't have to take my mod seriously.

[ General ]
Check AIMod! + Distance Snap
Set preview point on 01:10:516

[ Easy ]
Remove the 1.5x timing. It's supposed to be Easy, and I think that is bad idea to have those quick sliders there.
MAKE CONSTANT DISTANCE SNAP!
00:11:928 (4) - Move it little bit to the left. It will be right under the slider.
00:12:634 (1,2,3) - Make a reverse slider instead of these three circles.
00:18:281 (1,2,3) - ^
00:14:046 (4,5,6) - Also these slider designs are really ugly. Improve designs of these three sliders and try to blanket them.
00:25:340 (1,2) - ^
00:36:987 (1) - This isn't snapped.
00:40:163 (4) - Rotate it 75° to the left.
00:41:575 (5,6) - Remove these. Replace them with slider.
00:46:516 (2,3) - ^
00:52:516 (4,5) - Why there?! Players expects that notes will appear under the 00:50:751 (3) - . Also these three hasn't good DSnapped.

I will stop modding here, 'cause there are too many issues that they are need to be fixed!! There are so many notes that are missing.
Call me back when you will have some improvment.
you don't have to give me kudosu if you don't want to.
Topic Starter
Shushan

Pjecoo wrote:

Hi, as requested.
you don't have to take my mod seriously.

[ General ]
Check AIMod! + Distance Snap
Set preview point on 01:10:516

[ Easy ]
Remove the 1.5x timing. It's supposed to be Easy, and I think that is bad idea to have those quick sliders there.
MAKE CONSTANT DISTANCE SNAP!
00:11:928 (4) - Move it little bit to the left. It will be right under the slider.
00:12:634 (1,2,3) - Make a reverse slider instead of these three circles.
00:18:281 (1,2,3) - ^
00:14:046 (4,5,6) - Also these slider designs are really ugly. Improve designs of these three sliders and try to blanket them.
00:25:340 (1,2) - ^
00:36:987 (1) - This isn't snapped.
00:40:163 (4) - Rotate it 75° to the left.
00:41:575 (5,6) - Remove these. Replace them with slider.
00:46:516 (2,3) - ^
00:52:516 (4,5) - Why there?! Players expects that notes will appear under the 00:50:751 (3) - . Also these three hasn't good DSnapped.

I will stop modding here, 'cause there are too many issues that they are need to be fixed!! There are so many notes that are missing.
Call me back when you will have some improvment.
you don't have to give me kudosu if you don't want to.
i completely changed my ez and normal diffs cause i knew they were bad
glad if u will look at them now
FastBoy
[General]
make constant preview time

[Easy]
use distance snap and i suggest you remake it
from 02:07:693 to 02:12:634 i don't think inserting break time is a good idea
it is a little bit difficult for beginner

[Normal]
from 01:06:278 to 01:10:514 i don't think inserting break time is a good idea

[Hard]
i suggest you remake it
you can use distance snap but it is not a must
but for you, new beatmapper, using distance snap may help you
from 00:07:693 to 00:15:457 i don't think inserting break time is a good idea

[hard x2]
it will be better if you remake it
00:28:516 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - i don't think putting stream here is a good idea
01:20:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - *^
01:28:869 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - *^
03:25:662 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - *^

[karminsane]
00:26:751 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - i don't think putting stream here is a good idea
00:58:428 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - *^
actually, i don't think it is suitable for you to put streams in any periods of time in this song
and there are so many streams in your map
please find out them and change them to other patterns

[Insane]
also, please find out all the streams and change them to other patterns

[Conclusion]
i think you should practice more about beatmapping skills in order to make the map better
and the most effective practicing way is to observe other maps' setting
and make more maps
at my first time, my map is also made badly
but don't matter it
if you keep going, you will be able to make a great map
btw you don't have to give me kudosu
good luck :)
Topic Starter
Shushan

FastBoy wrote:

[General]
make constant preview time

[Easy]
from 02:07:693 to 02:12:634 i don't think inserting break time is a good idea
it is a little bit difficult for beginner

[Normal]
from 01:06:278 to 01:10:514 i don't think inserting break time is a good idea

[Hard]
i suggest you remake it
you can use distance snap but it is not a must
but for you, new beatmapper, using distance snap may help you
from 00:07:693 to 00:15:457 i don't think inserting break time is a good idea

[hard x2]
00:28:516 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - i don't think putting stream here is a good idea
01:20:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - *^
01:28:869 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - *^
03:25:662 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - *^

[karminsane]
00:26:751 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - i don't think putting stream here is a good idea
00:58:428 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - *^
actually, i don't think it is suitable for you to put streams in any periods of time in this song
and there are so many streams in your map
please find out them and change them to other patterns

[Insane]
also, please find out all the streams and change them to other patterns

[Conclusion]
i think you should practice more about beatmapping skills in order to make the map better
and the most effective practicing way is to observe other maps' setting
and make more maps
at my first time, my map is also made badly
but don't matter it
if you keep going, you will be able to make a great map
btw you don't have to give me kudosu
good luck :)
maw
u cant tell me to change all my diffs tho
this is my style and u cant tell me to go to other style of mapping
i did give u koudus and i did fix what u told me but remake all the diff man?
thats like 2 freaking hard, if will more people say that i need to remap my diffs i will just leave this map cause srsly u cant tell me to remake- u can only say minor changes to do
sorry if i am wrong and this map is really bad but pls dont change me and my map
ty for the mod 8-)
[ Shamwow ]
from my queue!

Normal:
+work on distance snap. You don't have to necessarily start over the entire map, just make sure the already-existing notes are far enough away from the previous slider/circle. you can get away with this somewhat in harder difficulties, but since Normal diffs are typically supposed to be simple and easy, new players that aren't very experienced will probably get very confused with the inconsistency.
+02:12:629 - start kiai here, end at 02:34:511
+01:05:749 (1,2) - these are too far from 01:04:868 (4) so you should turn on distance snap and it'll snap to where it's supposed to be. if it's too far from the slider, some people won't reach it in time and they'll likely get a miss.
+01:15:455 (4) - move this farther from the previous slider
+01:33:102 - turn off kiai here until the end of the break, then turn it on for the rest of the chorus. there's not much point in having kiai on during a break
+02:08:393 (5,6) - seems kind of empty, add more sliders/notes to this part
+03:04:511 - turn on kiai here, end it at 03:27:100

Hard:
+00:17:575 (1,2,3) - don't see why there are 3 notes here, delete the third note and replace it with 00:18:281 (4)
+01:53:572 (1) - doesnt sound very good w the song
+01:58:866 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is veeery hard to read, you can save this for harder diffs
+02:24:804 (2,3) - waay too far apart from each other
+02:25:863 (5,6) - ^
+02:29:569 (1,2,3,4,5) - too hard to read
+03:24:273 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
+check AI mod, there are some issues you have to fix that that program points out

please work on your distance snap! It seems to be the biggest problem in this map, but if you fix it, it'll be 100% better. I had to fix the distance snap for one of my maps, for the entire song, and while it took a while, i could notice the difference when it was all done. it all pays off even if it does take some effort. good luck!
Topic Starter
Shushan

-Dave Strider- wrote:

from my queue!

Normal:
+work on distance snap. You don't have to necessarily start over the entire map, just make sure the already-existing notes are far enough away from the previous slider/circle. you can get away with this somewhat in harder difficulties, but since Normal diffs are typically supposed to be simple and easy, new players that aren't very experienced will probably get very confused with the inconsistency.
+02:12:629 - start kiai here, end at 02:34:511
+01:05:749 (1,2) - these are too far from 01:04:868 (4) so you should turn on distance snap and it'll snap to where it's supposed to be. if it's too far from the slider, some people won't reach it in time and they'll likely get a miss.
+01:15:455 (4) - move this farther from the previous slider
+01:33:102 - turn off kiai here until the end of the break, then turn it on for the rest of the chorus. there's not much point in having kiai on during a break
+02:08:393 (5,6) - seems kind of empty, add more sliders/notes to this part
+03:04:511 - turn on kiai here, end it at 03:27:100

Hard:
+00:17:575 (1,2,3) - don't see why there are 3 notes here, delete the third note and replace it with 00:18:281 (4)
+01:53:572 (1) - doesnt sound very good w the song
+01:58:866 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is veeery hard to read, you can save this for harder diffs
+02:24:804 (2,3) - waay too far apart from each other
+02:25:863 (5,6) - ^
+02:29:569 (1,2,3,4,5) - too hard to read
+03:24:273 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
+check AI mod, there are some issues you have to fix that that program points out

please work on your distance snap! It seems to be the biggest problem in this map, but if you fix it, it'll be 100% better. I had to fix the distance snap for one of my maps, for the entire song, and while it took a while, i could notice the difference when it was all done. it all pays off even if it does take some effort. good luck!
ty i updated and given kodous :)
One Miss
M4M:D

RED: Unrankable issue
BLUE: Bad problem
GREEN: Suggestion

1. every diff has a looot of overmapping, so much that a lot of it im not even going to point out all of them just read this https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Music_Theory#Part_3:_Overmapping and make changes accordingly
  2. you are using uninherited timing sections to change slider velocity. please read https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria under timing(all of it if possible)

The Mod

Easy
  1. first off you need to use the same DS on easy/ normal diffs so the newer players can learn to associate distance and time.
  2. 00:02:752 (1,2,3,4,5) - these notes dont follow the beat correctly, 1 shouldnt be a reverse, and the rest of the notes need to be moved back one tick https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2590711
  3. 00:36:987 (1) - move this back one tick
  4. 00:42:634 (1,2,3) - try to prevent overlaps on easy songs the low ar makes it really hard to read
  5. 00:59:222 (1) - this slider is too long, it doesnt have a note in the song that follows
  6. 01:12:283 (3,4) - same thing with the overlaps
  7. 01:27:460 (1,2,3) - this doesnt flow well, change the beat to follow the song more
  8. 02:01:342 (1) - slider too long, should end on the first white tick
  9. 02:06:281 (1) - put a note on the red tick after this
  10. 02:12:634 (1,2) - this just looks lazy
  11. i didnt point everything out, but a lot of this diff doesnt have a good beat to it and is hard to follow just revise and make sure the sliders are ending at the right time and that you arent using long pauses to avoid mapping more.

OK, so i know i said i would map the entire mapset. However this mapset has so many issues im not even going to attempt it. PLEASE read the beatmap ranking criteria. While you may have a style that is different that doesnt change the fact that you are breaking rules that no BAT will ever allow to be broken if you dont want to take the time and effort to learn these rules then good luck. following this will fix 90% of your issues, if you want me to remod after you have fixed all the basic stuff please feel free to pm me in game or on the site. Honestly i would recomend remaking the mapset after reading the ranking criteria. PS. dont get discouraged because of a remap it happens (especially when starting out) even experienced beatmappers will remap sometimes.:D GL on the map!
Topic Starter
Shushan

dogsticks wrote:

M4M:D

RED: Unrankable issue
BLUE: Bad problem
GREEN: Suggestion

1. every diff has a looot of overmapping, so much that a lot of it im not even going to point out all of them just read this https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Music_Theory#Part_3:_Overmapping and make changes accordingly
  2. you are using uninherited timing sections to change slider velocity. please read https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria under timing(all of it if possible)

The Mod

[box=Easy]
  1. first off you need to use the same DS on easy/ normal diffs so the newer players can learn to associate distance and time.
  2. 00:02:752 (1,2,3,4,5) - these notes dont follow the beat correctly, 1 shouldnt be a reverse, and the rest of the notes need to be moved back one tick https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2590711
  3. 00:36:987 (1) - move this back one tick
  4. 00:42:634 (1,2,3) - try to prevent overlaps on easy songs the low ar makes it really hard to read
  5. 00:59:222 (1) - this slider is too long, it doesnt have a note in the song that follows
  6. 01:12:283 (3,4) - same thing with the overlaps
  7. 01:27:460 (1,2,3) - this doesnt flow well, change the beat to follow the song more
  8. 02:01:342 (1) - slider too long, should end on the first white tick
  9. 02:06:281 (1) - put a note on the red tick after this
  10. 02:12:634 (1,2) - this just looks lazy
  11. i didnt point everything out, but a lot of this diff doesnt have a good beat to it and is hard to follow just revise and make sure the sliders are ending at the right time and that you arent using long pauses to avoid mapping more.

OK, so i know i said i would map the entire mapset. However this mapset has so many issues im not even going to attempt it. PLEASE read the beatmap ranking criteria. While you may have a style that is different that doesnt change the fact that you are breaking rules that no BAT will ever allow to be broken if you dont want to take the time and effort to learn these rules then good luck. following this will fix 90% of your issues, if you want me to remod after you have fixed all the basic stuff please feel free to pm me in game or on the site. Honestly i would recomend remaking the mapset after reading the ranking criteria. PS. dont get discouraged because of a remap it happens (especially when starting out) even experienced beatmappers will remap sometimes.:D GL on the map![/box]
ty i updated and given kodous
One Miss
The DS on your easy is still not consistent. Choose one and stick with it. also the overmapping problem is still there. i see you have removed the uninherited timing points, also please respond to mods in full by using the quote option and explaining what you changed and why you didnt change certain things.
Hullahopp
M4M
Damn, you've got a lot to do
Usually when I mod a map I dig down and search every single little issue, but.. This is different
Answer back to this mod!
[General]
Bring up the AI mod.. Just do it.. (Hold down Ctrl + Shit + A)
Snap the kiai in every diff
Also end that last kiai somewhere.
The timing pont & Countdown & Preview point has to be the same in every diff!
The rhythm is fine, but the patterns just horrible.. Here, have this t/208596
Make sure you dig around and learn something
EVERY level needs to be remade (at least if you don't want to make 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 changes)
[Easy]
Use a constand Distance Snap. If you want to change the distance (because it's too far or something) just hold down Alt and scroll with your mousewheel
But it MUST be constant!
This map needs to me remade, so I'll let you to it
[Normal]
Same issues
[Hard]
Same
Try to use some jumps in Hard diffs (not many, and not hard ones)
[hard x2]
I don't see the point having 2 Hard diffs if it's not a guest diff. Especially since this one counts as insane
Also, same issues
[Insane]
I can't even mod it, everything looks dumb, and has the "random placement" feeling. I just can't
Make sure you use some patterns (like, try to be creative instead of putting everything randomly), so ppl can actually mod it..
Also, try to make the jumps easier, since you have an even harder diff wich looks exactly like this..
[karminsane]
This map is overmapped.
Fin

I see you almost reached 12 SP, wich means you can send this beautiful betmap to a bat.. Don't do it
Make sure you check this topic t/208596
And this p/3576074
Also this 87 (this one isn't important)
Make sure you check some other beatmaps and learn from them
And I'm not sure wich beatmaps you play (I didn't check your profile), but this isn't 2010-11. This is 2015, and we are aiming to have the best experience in maps, and also make sure our map looks beautiful.
I feel bad for not giving a regular mod, so I'll come back once you finished :3

Edited twice, sorry ^^
P A N
pm me or pm forum to me anytime after you finish fix the mod above.
Topic Starter
Shushan
Well guys since a lot of people tell me that this map is bad ill delete it
it.
Ty for all mods...