forum

osu!mania is so fun

posted
Total Posts
show more
Crimat
Can't i say i'm that surprised, o well, GG
Lach
I imagine it would be a lot less fun when you run out of whatever it is that you are eating
Cuppp
ET
ExVeemon
Haha, nice. And idea where I can find that BMS?
onehundred1
Should've added HD. FL and Random :C
Blocko
2fun4me
xch00F
nice accuracy did you get it at a garage sale
Azer
bahaha
ggsnipess
Well, I have no excuse to be bad at bms now ._.
Brainpeeler
I see... so ice cream makes people ET
Fullerene-
This is glorious
Kamikaze
How did you get so good at this game, you're my idol =^)
Raging Bull
probably can't beat that acc and score even if I play seriously.
akebono

Agka wrote:

this has to be the best thing I've seen in a while
that Facebook sounds too :v ,
Vuelo Eluko
Paints a sad picture of mania. At least the players seem okay with the game as it is though.
[TIM]
Now do it with LN's >.<
RyanCid
what song is that? :D
Trauter
I lol'd
Topic Starter
Drace
I'd like to point out that this feat has nothing to do with player skill. 7K pressing every 1/2 beat will pass and combo ANY map if it follows these 3 conditions.

1. The map is bellow 180BPM (This for OD7, you have to raise the OD until the missgate's time value is right bellow 1/2 beat, at OD10 you can use this technic for even FDFD)

2. ~80%-90% of the notes or more don't repeat within the next (or previous) 1/4 beat

3. Doesn't have many LNs (it will survive through a couple)

Indeed you can even pass a shit tone of overjoys this way. Look closely at the vid and realize this combos through stairs, triplets, brackets as well as chords. This is do to how the timegate is large enough to hit all the notes even beyond 1/4 beat ahead.

You can get a friend (with a good sense of beat) that never played any VSRGs before and he'll be able to clear overjoys using this technic on day 1.

The people who are serious about developing their VSRG skills, the true enthusiasts amoungst you, should really take a moment to think about this.
PyaKura
Holy crap I pissed myself
Best vsrg vid ever
Woshiwobi
I wonder how many ice cream have you eaten until you have got this recording :D

Funny to see ^^
peppy
mario paint music!!
VoidnOwO
I livestreamed the exact same thing a week after o!m was released and nobody cared.
i cry
akebono

BRBP wrote:

I livestreamed the exact same thing a week after o!m was released and nobody cared.
i cry
oh... rip , poor you xD
Ichigaki
lolol, just memorized the rhythm D:
Xcrypt

peppy wrote:

mario paint music!!
Peppy seems to take this matter very seriously... lolo
Kibbleru
thats why there are such things as holds lol.
Ayachi-
I am missing an ice cream that's why
mydrood
ahah very funny man !
Akihiro
proof that LN are hard
Pegram
I remember doing sorta the same to get a Perfect on some song in Project Diva, had to use palm to press all the keys down at once though. I guess this is on a whole different level from that.

forget i said anything

nice vid, RHYTHM games ftw
Plutarch_old
Any chance of this kind of thing being addressed? I'm new here so I might be totally out of line by asking, but I dunno.
Bobbias
The only real way to deal with this would be to make hitting a key when there's no note nearby punish the player, which is a big change in terms of game mechanics. This is very unlikely.

Honestly, Drace is just trying to make mania look bad.

Besides, any map that's easy enough to do this on shouldn't be worth any real PP anyway.
Plutarch_old

Bobbias wrote:

The only real way to deal with this would be to make hitting a key when there's no note nearby punish the player, which is a big change in terms of game mechanics. This is very unlikely.

Honestly, Drace is just trying to make mania look bad.

Besides, any map that's easy enough to do this on shouldn't be worth any real PP anyway.
Fair enough. Back to osumania :)
Topic Starter
Drace
The thing is an insane lv2 is far from being an "easy" map. Osu!mania makes it seem easy with broken mechanics. I still can't hard clear nor groove clear that same exact map on it's original game.
Plutarch_old
I would play LR2 or O2mania, but honestly osu!mania seems to be 1000000x more active and polished sans some wonky mechanics like this I suppose. Always nice to have an active community.
Topic Starter
Drace
LR2's playerbase easily doubles osu!"mania"'s in active players. And osu!mania is far from polished, none of the members on the dev cares about the game mode anymore, they said so themselves. Plus mania is only but a side-mode to the main game here so it was expected. But it's not like LR2 is anymore polished, that dev lost the source code so it's forever in beta lol. And o2jam is just near-dead private servers running on quasi-legacy software haha.

Honestly they're all dead-ends, play w/e you want while patiently waiting for the next big thing I guess. It's coming.
Plutarch_old
A grim time for VSRG players I suppose.
HazeL

-Hazelnut wrote:

oh... wow well uhm... hmm

OSU!MANIA IS SO FUN
Yep. it is really is FUN
Bobbias

Drace wrote:

quasi-legacy software
lolol, no, it's full on legacy software man.
show more