Lenka - Heart Skips a Beat

posted
Total Posts
show more
DNR
Help!!! the heart has done the skippage of one metronone!!!!!!!

Hard:
00:10:720 (4) - Ok so like this makes about 0 sense
00:18:220 (3,4,1) - ^. You're pretty much doubling the spacing for a part that isn't even a definable part of the music.
01:01:345 (3) - Consider raising this a bit so the endpoints of the sliders don't touch.
01:23:470 (3) - Like seriously
01:37:907 (1) - Remove NC

The biggest thing when making hard diffs is that jumps need to have purpose. When they're sprinkled randomly, it plays really randomly, which is no fun

Normal:
02:33:407 (6,1) - Move this upward so it creates a pretty pattern and such

Woo woo woo. Even though there's a few issues with hard, I'm still fine with bubbling after applying changes. Woohoo
Topic Starter
Pappy

CDFA wrote:

Help!!! the heart has done the skippage of one metronone!!!!!!! rip

Hard:
00:10:720 (4) - Ok so like this makes about 0 sense
00:18:220 (3,4,1) - ^. You're pretty much doubling the spacing for a part that isn't even a definable part of the music.
01:01:345 (3) - Consider raising this a bit so the endpoints of the sliders don't touch.
01:23:470 (3) - Like seriously
01:37:907 (1) - Remove NC :arrow:Oppps... was a mistake XD

The biggest thing when making hard diffs is that jumps need to have purpose. When they're sprinkled randomly, it plays really randomly, which is no fun

Normal:
02:33:407 (6,1) - Move this upward so it creates a pretty pattern and such :arrow:Wow, looks okay. D:

Woo woo woo. Even though there's a few issues with hard, I'm still fine with bubbling after applying changes. Woohoo
Thank you for mod CDFA! About spacing and jumps, I changed most of them to normal spaced. <3~
DNR
Bibbly bobbly i am the wobbly!!!!!
Topic Starter
Pappy

CDFA wrote:

Bibbly bobbly i am the wobbly!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!!! <33
riffy
Finally found some time to check and... sorry, but I gotta pop it due to the missing skin element.

Note that only the underlined parts are critical. Everything else is pretty much rankable but still worth considering.

[General]
  1. The reversearrow.png is missing from your skin. You are obligated to include that file in order to skin hitobjects completely. Confirmation + AiBat says so.
  2. 03:15:595 - increase the volune here to make the hitsounds audible at this part. They fade with the music and it's hard to feel them.

[Normal]
  1. Reduce HP Drain a little to make the last part more playable. 3,0 or 3,1 would do great.
  2. 00:08:095 - finnish the spinner here, please. Be consistent with the Hard diff + give some more recovery time to players.
  3. 00:12:970 (2,4) - seems a bit tricky for the easiest diff of the mapset. here's an example
  4. 00:26:095 (3) - the way how this slider is placed is confusing for beginners. The tail of the slider is too close to the previous slider and can be mistakenly hit by players. Try this to make the pattern more understandable.
  5. 00:55:720 (3,4) - you don't use such stacks often and this one feels out of place here. Mind unstacking the pattern?
  6. 01:51:595 (1,2) - the downbeat feels unstressed (01:53:095) and the pattern itself doesn't match well with the vocals. Try something like this, probably?
    Note: you can also use a pattern like 00:57:595 (1) - or 02:45:595 (1,2,3). Feel free to chose anything you prefer. :)
  7. 03:06:220 (1,2,3) - the pattern is a bit too tricky for the easiest diff. How about re-arranging stuff to make it more readable? Example.

Good job! :)

[Hard]
  1. I'd say that HP 6 fits just right. It keepl players enterrained, gives enough challenge and doesn't feel too boring. Give it a try! :)
  2. 00:44:657 (2) - reverse of this slider gets slightly overlapped with 00:43:907 (5) - it's still readable, but avoiding this kind of stuff would be better. Example
  3. 01:02:751 (3) - there are only two 1/4 patterns in the whole diff, I would highly suggest to remove this circle. As for 02:51:407 (6,7) - replacing these two with a slider would make the diff a bit more playable and consistent.
  4. 03:01:157 (2,3,4) - try to avoid stcking 1/1 and 1/2 objects on each other. IT can confuse playrs and looks a bit untidy. It will take less than a minute to fix the pattern, come on! :3 Example1 and alternative way to break the stack.
  5. 03:15:407 (6,1) - the jump looks quite unnatural, in my opinion. I'd rather keep the DS consistent. But it is TOTALLY up to you.

Try to pay a bit more attention to the jumps, next time. But for now, you did great! I quite like what you've got there.

Please contact me once the ppost is checked. I will be happy to restore the bubble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about this little inconvenience.
Topic Starter
Pappy

-Bakari- wrote:

Finally found some time to check and... sorry, but I gotta pop it due to the missing skin element.

Note that only the underlined parts are critical. Everything else is pretty much rankable but still worth considering.

[General]
  1. The reversearrow.png is missing from your skin. You are obligated to include that file in order to skin hitobjects completely. Confirmation + AiBat says so. :arrow:Added from deflaut skin template + recolored. I also saw that after changing skin I forgot to put approachcircle.png, added too.
  2. 03:15:595 - increase the volune here to make the hitsounds audible at this part. They fade with the music and it's hard to feel them.

[Normal]
  1. Reduce HP Drain a little to make the last part more playable. 3,0 or 3,1 would do great. fixed
  2. 00:08:095 - finnish the spinner here, please. Be consistent with the Hard diff + give some more recovery time to players. fixed
  3. 00:12:970 (2,4) - seems a bit tricky for the easiest diff of the mapset. here's an example fixed
  4. 00:26:095 (3) - the way how this slider is placed is confusing for beginners. The tail of the slider is too close to the previous slider and can be mistakenly hit by players. Try this to make the pattern more understandable. fixed
  5. 00:55:720 (3,4) - you don't use such stacks often and this one feels out of place here. Mind unstacking the pattern? fixed
  6. 01:51:595 (1,2) - the downbeat feels unstressed (01:53:095) and the pattern itself doesn't match well with the vocals. Try something like this, probably? fixed
    Note: you can also use a pattern like 00:57:595 (1) - or 02:45:595 (1,2,3). Feel free to chose anything you prefer. :)
  7. 03:06:220 (1,2,3) - the pattern is a bit too tricky for the easiest diff. How about re-arranging stuff to make it more readable? Example. fixed

Good job! :)

[Hard]
  1. I'd say that HP 6 fits just right. It keepl players enterrained, gives enough challenge and doesn't feel too boring. Give it a try! :)fixed
  2. 00:44:657 (2) - reverse of this slider gets slightly overlapped with 00:43:907 (5) - it's still readable, but avoiding this kind of stuff would be better. Example fixed
  3. 01:02:751 (3) - there are only two 1/4 patterns in the whole diff, I would highly suggest to remove this circle. As for 02:51:407 (6,7) - replacing these two with a slider would make the diff a bit more playable and consistent. fixed
  4. 03:01:157 (2,3,4) - try to avoid stcking 1/1 and 1/2 objects on each other. IT can confuse playrs and looks a bit untidy. It will take less than a minute to fix the pattern, come on! :3 Example1 and alternative way to break the stack. fixed
  5. 03:15:407 (6,1) - the jump looks quite unnatural, in my opinion. I'd rather keep the DS consistent. But it is TOTALLY up to you. fixed

Try to pay a bit more attention to the jumps, next time. But for now, you did great! I quite like what you've got there.

Please contact me once the ppost is checked. I will be happy to restore the bubble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about this little inconvenience.

Thank you Bakari, as you can see I fixed everything. Also replaced last two notes in Normal to spinner, because I did this on hard.
riffy
Nicely done, I think there aren't any problems left.

Rebubbled!
Aka
we did a little irc and fixed some overlaps and some rhythm stuff~

qualified ~
Topic Starter
Pappy
Thank you all who helped me in this map. <3
Sulker
Congratulations Pappy!!!!
Edogawa Conan
congratz :3
Krfawy
Paps, Decho, zrobiłeś to! XD

Jestem z Ciebie niepohamowanie dumny! ;3
Project Railgun
pappy <3
Andrea
Pretty good and simple map, nice job. :)
Myxo
Late Gratz! :D