forum

A proposal

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corin
So, much like we have the signature response for farewell threads; posting dancing lolis, why don't we have a signature response for shitthreads rather than circlejerking over how shit OT is now like I've been doing for the past few months and basically encouraging them.

See, I think Loctav might actually be onto something for once.
I personally propose birds with arms for homage to our resident overlord.

What do you guys think?
Vuelo Eluko
i believe this is unnecessary and that situational improvisation is the ultimate form of expression and we should be allowed to react to each shit thread in a way that is at some, if not ideal, is at least pragmatic in the way it deals with the thread in question and opens doors to i have no idea what im trying to say with this post i agree lets do this instead.
Yoeri
No.

Just ignore shit threads.
Topic Starter
Corin

Yoeri wrote:

No.

Yeah but farewell threads were once a thing.
Then the thing happened.
Now farewell threads are no longer a thing.

Do you see the link here?
Yoeri
Oh yes that thing.
The thing that happened.

If you want to improve OT provide good content. Hijacking shit threads and proceeding to fill them with another kind of garbage isn't going to solve anything.
Topic Starter
Corin

Yoeri wrote:

Oh yes that thing.
The thing that happened.

If you want to improve OT provide good content. Hijacking shit threads and proceeding to fill them with another kind of garbage isn't going to solve anything.
yeah but that's just like your opinion man
Jazz
I just want to see birds with arms pictures
silmarilen

Yoeri wrote:

No.

keep thinking that this is actually possible, meanwhile we try to come up with another thing that might also give us some entertainment
ColdTooth

Jazz wrote:

I just want to see birds with arms pictures
Weed
well first there has to be a definition for what a shit thread is, I'm sure everyone has a general idea of it in their mind

but how far can someone go before it's considered a shit thread? if someone posts some kind of circlejerk thread others will find it appealing while others find it a waste of space. there would have to be a concrete way of definition of a shit thread

I could call this a shit thread since i find no meaning in it, so here's your bird
Jazz
not a bird with arms picture
shame on you

and that's a shitty mouse drawing
Aurani

bewaredrev wrote:

I could call this a shit thread since i find no meaning in it, so here's your bird
I don't know where your eyes or IQ were during the time you posted that, but as far as I see, this thread HAS a definite goal and purpose, meaning it most definitely can't fall under the category of shitposting.
As far as the definition of a shitposter goes - you can clearly see who is and who isn't considered a shitposter, judging by whose posts the general OT crew avoids/ignores, and that is (believe it or not) mostly true, as those people are more or less attracted to ruining an already-ruined thread by making no sense (let me clarify that THEIR version of "making no sense" is NON-humorous, and thus can't be mixed with healthy trolling with a clear-cut goal) which does not contribute to neither the resolution of the problem nor the purpose of the thread in general.

The drawing itself is on a 4chan level, and with that I mean something which can only be drawn by 4chan autists... please burn it for the sake of all mankind.
dkun

bewaredrev wrote:

well first there has to be a definition for what a shit thread is, I'm sure everyone has a general idea of it in their mind

but how far can someone go before it's considered a shit thread? if someone posts some kind of circlejerk thread others will find it appealing while others find it a waste of space. there would have to be a concrete way of definition of a shit thread

you must be new here.
Weed
thanks for clearing some things up

removed the bird picture because people didn't like it

dkun wrote:

you must be new here.
almost a year so ya mostly
Chokladboll
nerds
IppE
I vote dancing lolis
Topic Starter
Corin

IppE wrote:

I vote dancing lolis
Yeah but they're in use kinda reserved and in use for farewell threads.
Kritzkingvoid
A gravestone
Rantai
Just copy an existing idea, modify it slightly and call it a job well done or something.

Krisom
Dude, let it be situational. Like the first person who posts in said thread says what the thread is about.

Like "this thread is now about chocolate milk"

And then everyone tags along. Kind of like a follow the leader. Or at least until the shitthread gets locked. This allows for more variety and customization.
Topic Starter
Corin

Krisom wrote:

Dude, let it be situational. Like the first person who posts in said thread says what the thread is about.

Like "this thread is now about chocolate milk"

And then everyone tags along. Kind of like a follow the leader. Or at least until the shitthread gets locked. This allows for more variety and customization.
That can work but how about we do the birds with arms at the same time.
So post the birds with arms and derailing comment in the same post.
Krisom
That way posts should be like "This thread is now about "x" and bird with arms"?

I dig that.
Topic Starter
Corin

Krisom wrote:

That way posts should be like "This thread is now about "x" and bird with arms"?

I dig that.
Precisely.
Yoeri
Yay more circlejerking A+ solution
Lewder
why is co-operated shitposting a thing

pretty damn pathetic in my eyes, there's no glorifying the fact that you're trying to organise a group of people contributing negatively to a topic
Krisom

Yoeri wrote:

Yay more circlejerking A+ solution
Any better ideas, darling? It's not like it can be enforced anyway, so you can do as you please.

Lewder wrote:

why is co-operated shitposting a thing

pretty damn pathetic in my eyes, there's no glorifying the fact that you're trying to organise a group of people contributing negatively to a topic
It's not shitposting if it has a joke and some quality behind it, not "omg let'z pozt moar shit", but something poetical, inspiring and heavenly... like birds with arms.

Also, read the first post, it's just for shitthreads.
Lewder
im aware of what its for and im still calling it out for being retarded along with the other equally retarded co-ordinated shitposts with a "purpose"
Topic Starter
Corin

Lewder wrote:

im aware of what its for and im still calling it out for being retarded along with the other equally retarded co-ordinated shitposts with a "purpose"
By proxy you're also calling awp retarded.
Just let that sink in for a moment.
kirueggy
but awp is dead
VoidnOwO
This is now my standard reply.
You faggots can do whatever you want.
Listen to lewder for once.

IppE

kirukashi wrote:

but awp is dead
the beard never dies

I'm still voting for dancing lolis.
Granger
I vote dancing lolis too.

I actually made a post for that some time ago... but im too lazy to search it.
Cyclohexane

Corin wrote:

So, much like we have the signature response for farewell threads; posting dancing lolis, why don't we have a signature response for shitthreads rather than circlejerking over how shit OT is now like I've been doing for the past few months and basically encouraging them.

See, I think Loctav might actually be onto something for once.
I personally propose birds with arms for homage to our resident overlord.

What do you guys think?
I propose actual fucking content instead of a brainless standardized response; you've got a brain, use it

I'll have a blast getting rid of all uninspired and unfunny replies to anything -- if you can't come up with something good, shut up

being unfunny = ban