forum

another tablet thread... sorry :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
ok heres the deal... i have been using very small tablet area.

I want to go bigger but idk how to do this without losing much of my progress.. should i just like size up by equal amounts or something? I have looked at a forum showing peoples tablet areas but not many have my tablet.. those that do do not use small area.. most you full... like wtf.. if i go back to (choose a random large area) it will set me back to doing 'easy' maps... is that 13k playcount down the drain? :(

has anyone else gone through this? how long did such a change to your area take to adjust to?

*edit* now using full area and larger osu resolution. wish i had sooner
B1rd
I don't know how well you will transition to a bigger area, but don't worry, your 13K plays won't be wasted. once you have developed the reading skills, after practising a bit, muscle memory will quickly fall into place. this is even true for changing from mouse to tablet for example.

but that is a ridiculous tablet area, I'd definitely don't think it's viable to reach your potential. configure the tablet area so that you can reach the four corners comfortably.
I don't think there will be any benefit in gradually increasing the size, just set it right away to a large area that you want to stick with.
uzzi
Jesus Christ that's a small area... Take B1rd's advice. The only thing you'll have to adjust is your muscle memory, and it'll be a fast process. Those 13k plays built up your tapping ability, so I don't see that going to waste.
K E N N
Well, I can see that you have an extremely small tablet area. Even though you increased the size of your tablet area, it wouldn't really affect your tapping skills nor your reading skills. It'll probably only affect your movement speed.
Topic Starter
Sylveon
ok so its going ish ok.... cant do hards... :( one problem... my knuckle (between where your pinkie knuckle is and the tablet) creates friction and i cant move, never was a problem before and suddenly is. my 'new tablet area'

Vuelo Eluko
get used to it
DeletedUser_4041880
Maybe holding your hand in the air might so the trick, but it's pretty tiring. Like Bassist Vinyl said, get used to it.
HDHR Crutch

Sylveon wrote:

ok so its going ish ok.... cant do hards... :( one problem... my knuckle (between where your pinkie knuckle is and the tablet) creates friction and i cant move, never was a problem before and suddenly is. my 'new tablet area'

That's pretty large now, which should be okay, it's all dependent on what you're comfortable with; go with what you feel could gives you the most progress, just make sure it's not as tiny as you had it before, because that was ridiculous.

Also, try centring it with the centre of your tablet, you'll be more aware of where you are on the tablet.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Frostei wrote:

Maybe holding your hand in the air might so the trick, but it's pretty tiring. Like Bassist Vinyl said, get used to it.
do people honestly hold their hand in the air? i mean it seems so unlikely you lose accuracy and you get tired quickly there must be a way people do it. (pinkie finger knuckle is whats touching the tablet and causing the friction)
[ Pingu ]
It will probably more likely easier to lift the pen from the air a bit, especially when doing jumps on maps. Also the size seems fine to me at least, that's I think my size on a tablet and you'll get used to it very quickly, within a few days or less depending on how much you play osu!.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

[ Pingu ] wrote:

It will probably more likely easier to lift the pen from the air a bit, especially when doing jumps on maps. Also the size seems fine to me at least, that's I think my size on a tablet and you'll get used to it very quickly, within a few days or less depending on how much you play osu!.

sorry i wasn't talking about hovering, i do hover, im talking about not having your hand rest on anything. the whole hand is in the air and your holding it there the whole time... seems unlikely right? (read my last post about where the friction is)
Vuelo Eluko

Sylveon wrote:

Frostei wrote:

do people honestly hold their hand in the air? i mean it seems so unlikely you lose accuracy and you get tired quickly there must be a way people do it. (pinkie finger knuckle is whats touching the tablet and causing the friction)
wubwoofwolf does and hes easily the most well rounded player on the top 5 in terms of balancing aim/acc/speed. Pretty much any way works.
Topic Starter
Sylveon
wubwoofwolf does and hes easily the most well rounded player on the top 5 in terms of balancing aim/acc/speed. Pretty much any way works.[/quote]

sorry... im not bieng clear. i know WWW grip and his wrist is on the table/tablet, i was talking about the whole hand/arm/ etc bieng off the table.. basically your shoulder is tensing and your holding it up. I have since been trying to find a grip like WWW where you use your wrist on the table and not lay your actual hand on the tablet. thanks for your help
Vuelo Eluko

Sylveon wrote:

sorry... im not bieng clear. i know WWW grip and his wrist is on the table/tablet, i was talking about the whole hand/arm/ etc bieng off the table.. basically your shoulder is tensing and your holding it up. I have since been trying to find a grip like WWW where you use your wrist on the table and not lay your actual hand on the tablet. thanks for your help
you definitely dont need to go to those extremes just to get friction off your pinkie
B1rd
well I think the way most people have their hand is they rest the right of their wrist on the table/tablet and hover the pen. that way there's no friction.
IppE
Use full area you fat prividlged cis scum
AutoMedic

IppE wrote:

Use full area you fat prividlged cis scum
Dont mind the guy

He's drunk
imkami
you will get used to your new area after a few hours of playing, don't worry
Topic Starter
Sylveon
I am now using full area and bigger resolution.. love the fact my cursor doesnt shake :D!!!!!!!!!
Gumpy

Sylveon wrote:

I am now using full area and bigger resolution.. love the fact my cursor doesnt shake :D!!!!!!!!!
Great.
Makan1
This is easy even though I never used a tablet before. I'll give you an amazing tip!

1 play more with bigger tablet area
2 forget playcount
3 play more
4 play
5 more