forum

[added] [osu direct] Add 'Prefer no video downloads' option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +377
Topic Starter
xasuma
Right now, osu direct is like this:

With my suggestion, this option would be added:
SPOILER

or here

Wherever, just put it somewhere. lol

This would allow people who want to download multiple songs at once, quickly. To just double click each beatmap without having to worry about the ones that have video. (A lot of people like to save space and download without video) .
Also less time waiting to download a map when you are spectating/multiplayer.

If the option isn't ticked, then whenever a map has video available, double clicking the map will download it with video. Hwever if the option is checked, it will always choose download with no video.

See you.
Granger
Yes please. I need this expecially when im specing someone where the DL starts automatically so i dont have a choice in the first place.

However, this toggle makes more sense here:
Ryu Sei
I'd agree~
Though I'm not a supporter, this one is good enough for people with slow internet connection. Also it saves some time rather than waiting download w/i BGA.
Ayachi-
I had 6GB of videos because of that ._.
Maxis
Oh god yes please. I always have 100% dim (like most others do) so I never bother with the videos, and it's such a pain getting videos accidentally while speccing or multiplaying, or when grabbing like 20 beatmaps from osu!direct you have to go one at a time and click DL NoVideo if you don't want to download video.
Topic Starter
xasuma
OK then. I assume this is not a duplicate by now. I ll throw some stars
Bara-

Maxis wrote:

Oh god yes please. I always have 100% dim (like most others do) so I never bother with the videos, and it's such a pain getting videos accidentally while speccing or multiplaying, or when grabbing like 20 beatmaps from osu!direct you have to go one at a time and click DL NoVideo if you don't want to download video.
This.
When clicking on dl map in multi, it always dl with Video, so huge files to download.
NeVMiku
I can't see your images for some reason (or whatever is in the boxes) but if you're saying what I think you're saying then I support this.

Basically, a way to download without videos.
Dexus
Yes please.
Oinari-sama

Granger wrote:

Yes please. I need this expecially when im specing someone where the DL starts automatically so i dont have a choice in the first place.

I'd prefer that option
Granger

Oinari-sama wrote:

Granger wrote:

I'd prefer that option
I didnt mean replacing the highlighted option, but rather adding the osu!direct default behaviour options below it.
Lanturn
Basically with Granger's suggestion.

Oinari-sama
Yeah I know.
Topic Starter
xasuma
I updated the main post. And yes, that makes more sense I think. But as long as it's somewhere. :)
Top Bunk
Oh my stars, take 'em all. I would love for this to happen.
Accidentally downloading those videos all the time is annoying.
Dexus
icing on top would be to have in conjunction with this: the ability to remove all video files from the songs folder.
Granger

Dexus wrote:

icing on top would be to have in conjunction with this: the ability to remove all video files from the songs folder.
Like this?
silmarilen

Dexus wrote:

go to your osu/songs folder, search for *.avi (dont forget the asterisk) and delete them all
Lanturn

silmarilen wrote:

Dexus wrote:

go to your osu/songs folder, search for *.avi (dont forget the asterisk) and delete them all
I'm assuming this works with *.flv as well. Since both .flv and .avi are accepted.
silmarilen
yeah it does, it works with any file extension
Dexus
I'm aware to do that, but what about someone who doesn't know?
Peppy has problems with deleting files manually from the song folder too (I think it corrupts the local map database)
Topic Starter
xasuma
Bump

Give us this feature dev's !

Pls
Verniy_Chan
Yeah..
I'd agree, please~~
serg06
I want this so freaking bad. This is pretty much the only reason I bought a month of supporter - now I need to keep direct downloads off? Sucks.
Sea_Food

xasuma wrote:

WRONG!
t/160932

Get closed m8
Topic Starter
xasuma

Sea_Food wrote:

xasuma wrote:

WRONG!
t/160932

Get closed m8

I'll be damned..
Bara-
That thread can get marked then
Look at sp
deadkk
Great idea bro! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GhostFrog
Yes please. I rarely download with video and this would be really convenient.
Pawsu
to clear the confusion: they want an option to disable no video for AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS as osu!direct only asks for no video when it's not automatic.
(someone should edit title)
LastExceed
Bara-
Wow
Never noticed it
Karuta-_old_1

chris20194 wrote:

finally a useful feature after 2 years
Stefan
\o/ Nice thing! (Make sure you're playing at least on the latest Stable version, Fallback doesn't have this feature)
snz

Stefan wrote:

\o/ Nice thing! (Make sure you're playing at least on the latest Stable version, Fallback doesn't have this feature)
Lol finally!