forum

RWBY

posted
Total Posts
show more
Justykanna
Finally got around to watching volume 2 and 3 the other day, after watching volume 1 when it aired. Large gap in between. Volume 2 felt very mediocre but I was very impressed with where volume 3 went. Can't wait for 4.
Runiel
Ruby's New design is quite nice, Weiss' New design is slightly better than ok, I don't really like Blake new design, and Yang's Design is slightly better than ok too.
Also, the battle scene/animation is quite improved than Volume 3, imo still didn't beat Monty's style though.
All in all, i'm still quite hyped for Volume 4, hope it doesn't turn out to be a trainwreck.
Celleste
For those who missed it (like me) here's the recap of the RWBY panel that was held yesterday at the New York Comic Con. It's mostly about Volume 4 so... Spoilers

Ps: Ren's new design looks fantastic
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Volume 4 will be as long Volume 3 (episode-wise) and the first episode of Volume 4 will be a hefty 18 minutes.
this is nice to know
Topic Starter
deadbeat
well well well, look what we have here
juankristal
good stuff, oh yeah. You have to add RWBY Chibi 22 and 23, right?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
ah yes. i'll get those added now
Topic Starter
deadbeat
so it looks like RT are going to release World of Remnant episodes about each kingdom prior to Vol 4 Episode 1 getting released
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Topic Starter
deadbeat

that last line hurt just a lot
puxtu
vol.4 opening song https://www.facebook.com/RT.RWBY/videos ... 438312496/
how am I supposed to map this slow song ;w;w;
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Dntm8kmeeatu
I don't know how RWBY Vol 4's intro has managed to have one of the worst shots and direction ever seen in RWBY, and somehow some of the best. Intertwined into one confusing tacky intro.

Blake did it once kinda in Vol 3 and it looked dumb then, But this is just ridiculous. I don't know why it's bothering me as much as it does. So far some of the design choices in Vol 4 have me scratching my head and confused, upset, and intrigued all at once.

Also RT, Stop trying to be "Anime" every time they attempt these stunts it falls flat on it's face IMO. RWBY Chibi was enough.

Oh god now I remember the horrors.

Wasn't all bad though, Fairly enjoyed it. But a bunch of small things kept poking me the wrong way.
juankristal
Since I first saw the intro I thought the same. I think it isnt polished and it lacks of speed which was one of the things that RWBY had in general. It feels slow and silly but it has the potential to grow as we saw kinda in the fights of episode 1.

I like the new designs in general but I feel we have to give some time to this new studio to get better at what we do. As it was before, RWBY wasnt something that shined because of the animations but for the originality of the fight scenes and the fun aspects of it. Hopefuly that will remain untouched for the future of this (which I hope its the case because I like this)

And yeah, that face is just ouch.
puxtu
it's here

edit:
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Dntm8kmeeatu

deadbeat wrote:

http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-3-os75ed me like
I will say, Some of the Direction and shots in this episode are the best we've seen in RWBY. I feel like Episode 2 and 3 are a decent improvement over episode 1, and I'm interested to see how this continues, and (hopefully) Improves.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i actually think my favorite part of this episode was the development revolving Yang. i didn't expect this so soon
Celleste
Episode 4 is up on Rooster Teeth's site guys.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-vo ... -4-0-f788s
so much teasing over stuff they won't tell us :(

edit: updated op with the world of Remnant episode we got last week
Osten
:o we got Season 4/ Vol 4 now I forgot that XD :lol: ;)