forum

RWBY

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
deadbeat
well, i post each episode of the main series. don't see a reason not to post chibi episodes
Pawsu
please keep doing so. or else i forget that they exist :(
Topic Starter
deadbeat
NaomiMinette

Dat last part, tho.
Kyoobies
Made this a while ago, but I never actually shared it with anyone. Maybe you guys will get a kick out of it. :P

NaomiMinette
DeletedUser_3285139
nice one, sir
need moar chibi
Topic Starter
deadbeat
also with the Steam Summer Sale going, RWBY Grimm Eclipse is 50% off. if you wanna get it and haven't already, now would be a good time
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Time to get out your airhorns! RWBY:Grimm Eclipse will see its full release on July 5th! New levels, new characters, new enemies, persistent characters, a whole slew of improvements, along with several other goodies we’ll leave for you to discover.
also RWBY Volume 4 release date: October 22nd. Here's hoping for some sneak peaks soon
NaomiMinette

Dammit, Nora.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
I'll just box this for the time being for reasons
Volume 4 Spoilers
OK, so let's have a look at the new stuff I've picked up on from the RTX RWBY Panel and Steam

Volume 4 Information

1. Volume 4 airs 22nd of October
  2. 6-8 months have passed since Volume 3
  3. New Yang design
  4. New Blake design
  5. New Ruby design
  6. New Weiss design
  7. New Grimm. Plus changes to existing Grimm that live away from civilization.
  8. Character Redesigns
  9. RTX RWBY panel. time stamp 05:50:45

Also with RWBY: GE. Launch date will be 5th July as I mentioned earlier. If all goes well, the game will hit consoles at the end of the year. There's also talk of DLC for also teams such as team JNPR.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
RWBY: Grimm Ecplise is out btw. i think it's $25USD. i'm not 100% sure since steam is in NZD for me :<
also as MLGnom kindly pointed out to me, RWBY is actually on steam. not the game, the series. it's also really cheap as well, so if you haven't got it, maybe get it on steam? http://store.steampowered.com/search/?d ... roductions
NaomiMinette

This felt... shorter compared to the others...
Midori Tea
Topic Starter
deadbeat
those first 2 skits were glorious. first one was too real though :(
Topic Starter
deadbeat
only 2 days late D:
-SayaKai
more chibis please. :3
Apex_old
untitled
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i'm not sure. i say either dump it in a box, or add a link to where ever else it's posted, and if it's not allowed, we'll deal with that issue later on
Topic Starter
deadbeat
ok, time to get this thread up and alive again. from here on out, i'll be posting stuff about Volume 4, so if you're only here for Chibi stuff and haven't seen Volume 3, might wanna head out now :p

edit: thread OP updated with chibi episodes 12-21 and added the new RWBY Character Short video as well
puxtu
HEYP
Jinxy
I'm not used to the new style yet, especially the fact that she actually has facial expressions now, but I can tell that it's objectively better.

Save for one thing: battle animations. The reddit threads have gone over this a lot already and I agree with them, the tldr is the animations aren't as "heavy" as Monty's style. Monty's style relied a lot on making use of momentum and recoil to move heavy objects like Crescent Rose, to give them weight. The new animators haven't grasped that yet imo, from how Ruby swung it, Crescent Rose feels lighter than how an oversized rifle-scythe is expected to weigh.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
mind giving a link to one(or some) of those threads?
Dntm8kmeeatu
As much as I love RWBY, I'm a bit skeptical about this Volume. Especially on the animation side of things. Think it's going to go back in quality, as the team learns to work with this new stuff. Also the Grimm eyes bother me, The trail their eyes leave is too long IMO. Don't know why it bothers me as much as it does but it bugs me.

Still think it's going to be good, I'm just a bit scared.
Jinxy

deadbeat wrote:

mind giving a link to one(or some) of those threads?
https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/ ... rt/d8cg9bd
https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/ ... rt/d8cgs5n
https://www.reddit.com/r/roosterteeth/c ... rt/d8cpspg

The two threads are a mishmash of everything including harambe memes so here are the relevant links about the momentum issue that I agreed with.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
She runs off at the end weilding it like some sort of weightless axe
there's a lot of stuff i can see about this sort of stuff, but i do have to wonder. RT did say there was a 6-8 months since volume 3 ended, and it's safe to assume Ruby's been doing a lot since then. there is a chance Ruby's just gotten a lot more used to the weight and has more freeflow control over it. hell maybe it was also made lighter. who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dntm8kmeeatu
I do enjoy that massive improvement in graphics and facial expressions, models, all that, and honestly. RWBY has always had moves / fight sequences that lacked flow and were awkward. They still seem keen on doing rooftop sequences, yet they still look terrible. RWBY has always been a show that has a roller coaster in quality. I've been hoping for some more consistency in their animation. Hopefully Volume 4 will improve on that, But so far it doesn't really seem like it. But also, this scene is OLD. This was shown at RTX months ago. So maybe it's not final product. and normally the animation only gets better further into the season.

Still Hype.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
yeah, i was thinking this was what was shown at RTX, and since i wasn't really present there, i can really give a comparison.
also if anyone is interested, myself and some others are going to do some RWBY viewings. gonna host a room using sync-video so we can all watch at the same time. looking to do it this Sunday 01:00 UTC. i might post a link to the room 10 minutes in advance here if you want to join in. i don't know how many volumes we'll watch, but we'll be at least going through all of volume 1
Fanji
The character short was a bit disappointing to be honest. I am still excited for Volume 4 though! :D
Justykanna
Finally got around to watching volume 2 and 3 the other day, after watching volume 1 when it aired. Large gap in between. Volume 2 felt very mediocre but I was very impressed with where volume 3 went. Can't wait for 4.
Runiel
Ruby's New design is quite nice, Weiss' New design is slightly better than ok, I don't really like Blake new design, and Yang's Design is slightly better than ok too.
Also, the battle scene/animation is quite improved than Volume 3, imo still didn't beat Monty's style though.
All in all, i'm still quite hyped for Volume 4, hope it doesn't turn out to be a trainwreck.
Celleste
For those who missed it (like me) here's the recap of the RWBY panel that was held yesterday at the New York Comic Con. It's mostly about Volume 4 so... Spoilers

Ps: Ren's new design looks fantastic
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Volume 4 will be as long Volume 3 (episode-wise) and the first episode of Volume 4 will be a hefty 18 minutes.
this is nice to know
Topic Starter
deadbeat
well well well, look what we have here
juankristal
good stuff, oh yeah. You have to add RWBY Chibi 22 and 23, right?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
ah yes. i'll get those added now
Topic Starter
deadbeat
so it looks like RT are going to release World of Remnant episodes about each kingdom prior to Vol 4 Episode 1 getting released
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Topic Starter
deadbeat

that last line hurt just a lot
puxtu
vol.4 opening song https://www.facebook.com/RT.RWBY/videos ... 438312496/
how am I supposed to map this slow song ;w;w;
show more