forum

RWBY

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
Three words: Jazz is sweet.

Neon Katt tho this name is so stupidly clever

The battle was obviously rigged by Cinder to be in WY's favour; a known taunter vs Yang? But Weiss just performed terribly in this match, and they somehow also did not know their opponents beforehand when they should have been watching the first rounds.

Pyrrha was way OOC, it's probably an illusion/shapeshift. Ozpin might not even have been talking about Pyrrha, it could have been a red herring, maybe
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Yang and Weiss got provoked way too easily. I even started rooting for team FNKY half way through that fight
NaomiMinette
Finally got around to watching the recent epi... GIMME THOSE TWO SONGS DURING THE FIGHT, AL;SDFKJAS;LDKFJ;LASDJF;LASDJF;LSADKJF;LASKDFJ;L

Also, can't wait for Yang to say "URUSAI, URUSAI, URUSAI!!!" in the Japanese dub XD
Trosk-
Trosk-
Everyone get in here http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-se ... ter-6-fall

WTF was that final...
Nyderion
i feel bad for yang :'(
Hidden-
The hell, I didn't expect that to happens...
Topic Starter
deadbeat
That made me feel uncomfortable
Jinxy
Oh wow. Holy crap. Damn, this episode was one hell of a wham.

SPOILER
So "Autumn" they talked about 2 episodes before was Amber Autumn (or vice versa), the Maiden of Fall, and Cinder Fall almost guaranteed to be the assailant

Yo this some Last Airbender shit but darker

That fight was smooooooth. Amazing animation imo.

And Cinder's plan for the tournament is partially revealed. Get the angriest competitor to make a terrible foul, and stir up so much negative emotion in one place that Grimm all over the region notice.

And the crunch, the sad music, and the reveal on the screens. "That made me feel uncomfortable" is the perfect description of my feelings, and it is an amazing thing the animators have successfully made many of us feel.

This is easily one of the top 5 episodes so far.
Trosk-

deadbeat wrote:

That made me feel uncomfortable
Same.
La Volpe
Holy shit, now i'm curious to know who are the other maidens, also the match at the end... RIGGED
Topic Starter
deadbeat
guessing Summer Rose was another of those maidens before she died. Maybe Ruby is one now?
NaomiMinette
I saw what happened in the recent epi. I'm still going WTH...
Trosk-
NaomiMinette
^ Uhh... I'm confused...
Trosk-

Blazevoir wrote:

^ Uhh... I'm confused...
Spoiler
Basically, Neo is creating that illusions to "boycott" people in the tournament. I'm gonna leave these here

wikia wrote:

Neo appears to be able to create very convincing illusions which can be used to fool enemies. These illusions do not appear to be very solid, as they shatter on impact. This illusion ability was only seen once, in "Painting the Town...", where she creates an illusion of her and Roman Torchwick as a distraction for Team RWBY as she and Roman escape on a nearby Bullhead.

Neo's apparent ability to teleport (as seen in "No Brakes", after Raven Branwen appears) may also be linked to her Semblance. Her disguise and radical change in appearance seen in "Round One" may also be due to her Semblance, or it could be achieved through more mundane means.
http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Neopolitan http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Semblance

Obviously what you saw in the video is just a theory, but I think it makes sense.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
there's going to be a RWBY live stream on youtube here. starts at 20th december at 4:30am. no idea what time zone. 14 hours from this post anyway
Jinxy

Trosk- wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

^ Uhh... I'm confused...
Spoiler
Basically, Neo is creating that illusions to "boycott" people in the tournament. I'm gonna leave these here

wikia wrote:

Neo appears to be able to create very convincing illusions which can be used to fool enemies. These illusions do not appear to be very solid, as they shatter on impact. This illusion ability was only seen once, in "Painting the Town...", where she creates an illusion of her and Roman Torchwick as a distraction for Team RWBY as she and Roman escape on a nearby Bullhead.

Neo's apparent ability to teleport (as seen in "No Brakes", after Raven Branwen appears) may also be linked to her Semblance. Her disguise and radical change in appearance seen in "Round One" may also be due to her Semblance, or it could be achieved through more mundane means.
http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Neopolitan http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Semblance

Obviously what you saw in the video is just a theory, but I think it makes sense.
Actually there is an alternate theory which I agree with that the two events on Coco and Yang were by Emerald and not Neo.

SPOILER
There was a reddit post about it which I cbf to dig up, but semblances have VERY specific and distinct sound effects, and Monty did pay extra attention to them (along with weapon sounds)

During the train scene where Yang tries to punch Neo for the first time and reels back, and when Neo runs from Raven, there is a high-pitched whirring sound then a breathy sound.

However, the Yang vs Merc once, it is a sharper and shorter wind-like sound. It is very similar to Coco's imo but only louder. (<- Some people have contention with this point and think it doesn't sound that similar tho)

These two sounds are distinctly different and hint at two different semblances. The theory is Neo's is illusions that affect the surrounding area, while Emerald's is hallucinations which affect a specific person. In this case, Coco and Yang. And yes, this means Yang was not provoked to attacking Merc in reality.

However, there is one caveat that I couldn't really tell what the sound effect was during the third scene in the video was though, all I hear is generic glass shards which don't match the above.

Bonus point to note: Emerald was explicitly shown being missing from her seat during Yang vs Merc. By the Law of Conservation of Detail, it is highly likely that she was doing something important during that time. Like messing with Yang's mind.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
RWBY Volume 3
-Next episode is another World of Remnant episode
-Ends around February
-Volume 3 OST willl be released not long after volume 3 ends.

Upcoming RWBY Grimm Eclipse stuff
-New never before seen environments
-Horde mode
-Game lock on feature has been considered
-DLC characters confirmed.

New App called 8 Tracks.
-You can mix RWBY songs. Comes free with This Will be the Day. Other songs cost $0.99. I think it's only on iTunes

i may of missed some stuff. also the japanese translations had some rather....fun translations
Matoi
already wasted almost 5 days on grimm eclipse, what have I become
MLGnom

Matoi wrote:

I will probably hit this amount easily when Horde mode will come out with next bigger update...
Topic Starter
deadbeat

MLGnom wrote:

Matoi wrote:

I will probably hit this amount easily when Horde mode will come out with next bigger update...
i'll be right there with you!
Trosk-

deadbeat wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

i'll be right there with you!
o/
Trosk-

hype
Intone
it would be a dreammmmmmm if RWBY would actually come out every week. And actually 25~ minute episodes!!!!!!

I guess that's too much to ask for :( :( :( :(
Trosk-
http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-se ... -chapter-7

Each chapter is better and better...

Also, if someone doesn't know what Blake and Adam were talking about:

NaomiMinette
SPOILER
Backstories are awesome. Nuff said.
Jinxy
em's hallucinations != neo's illusions confirmed confirmed
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Trosk-

deadbeat wrote:

http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-season-3-coming-up-next-on-rwby-vol-3-chapter-8
oh boy
Feels destroyer episode incoming.
Trosk-
http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-se ... -chapter-8

Each chapter is better than the previous one... I love this.
-SayaKai
Why Ruby attacks without her Crescent Rose(?) or what? rip grammar
Trosk-
NaomiMinette
Topic Starter
deadbeat
yeah, i did read that. I'll add that to the OP as well
also dear god this is this unsettling
Pawsu
I believe I watched RWBY on Netflix about a year ago, I was disappointed to see it had ended. I assume there's more now, huh.
NaomiMinette

Pawsu wrote:

I believe I watched RWBY on Netflix about a year ago, I was disappointed to see it had ended. I assume there's more now, huh.
Currently on its third season and still ongoing.
Jinxy
whooooo wheee.

SPOILER
penny got cut in half what the fuck etc etc etc you've probably heard this reaction hundreds of times
but we can rebuild her, we have the technology, maybe
inb4 she loses her aura and thus "soul", yeah i can totally see that coming, being a reverse Pinocchio and all

Em's semblance has some crazy goddamn range
Let's take the time to understand just how crazy fucking prepared Cinder was and how extensive her plan was, from working with terrorists and thugs to hacking into Beacon to take control of their stuff
Neo stomped an entire ship of soldiers solo
yooo Roman

so much shit is happening in Beacon holy fuck
-SayaKai
Topic Starter
deadbeat
no episode 10 this week. we got the last World of Remant episode for volume 4. well worth the watch http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-se ... ur-maidens
show more