Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Trosk showed me this. Indie > AAA
Trosk-
<3

MLGnom
Aww I want to play with you guys too, but I'm at work right now...
Topic Starter
deadbeat

MLGnom wrote:

Aww I want to play with you guys too, but I'm at work right now...
we'll have plenty of time for that \:D/
La Volpe
How is the game, theres some mixed reviews on steam so i'm wondering if i should buy it now or wait untill it's more polished. Also, is there a story mode or is it a free roam game?
Hidden-
Ok, kinda new to this show, I've seen this thread on and off in past few weeks, so yesterday I decided to take a look and am just done with chapter 4 of season 3. At the moment, I'm really entertained by it, had a down of animes in the past week so this is kinda nice to watch as I have trouble finding good one recently(this has good music, decent story, nice character, and is quite well in everything I think), also, since I've watched it in two days, it's nice to see the evolution of the animation, it's still not incredible, but great improvement.

I might actually get the game, it look really nice ! Is it online MP?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
the game is lacking quiet a bit at the moment. the story doesn't take long to get through. combos are rather simple and easy. i haven't played as wiess yet, but blake feels underpowered compared to ruby and yang. also it's only online multiplayer at the moment.

the store page did say they were aiming to have it completely done in about 8-10 months. you could still get the game now as it will be cheaper, you just won't have that much to play it.
Trosk-
That's just how early access works ^^ It will be great when it's completed, I trust them.

Also,
Senko-san
The game looks promising, but I'm going to hold off until theres a bit more content. I know, early access etc etc.

I'd probably play only Osu anyways
La Volpe

deadbeat wrote:

the game is lacking quiet a bit at the moment. the story doesn't take long to get through. combos are rather simple and easy. i haven't played as wiess yet, but blake feels underpowered compared to ruby and yang. also it's only online multiplayer at the moment.

the store page did say they were aiming to have it completely done in about 8-10 months. you could still get the game now as it will be cheaper, you just won't have that much to play it.
Alright thanks Deadbeat! :3
Topic Starter
deadbeat
alright so since i have some free time, let's go into some more detail about this game
i'll spoiler box it incase people don't want to read
rambling
So far there isn't really a whole lot you can do. the story is currently 4 chapters long and takes about 30, 40 minutes to finish. maybe faster. never really timed it before. first 3 chapters were very similar with only the 4th offering something different. there also isn't really a whole lot of "new" content to the game yet aside from one new grimm type we haven't seen before which is introduced in the 4th chapter. The story could prove interesting though. it's kind of too early to tell.

The combat is also really simple. if you played the original fanmade Grimm Eclipse, don't expect anything fancy. in the original, you could chain together melee and range attacks to create different combos both on ground and in the air. in the current game, range attacking will either stop the combo, or allow you continue the combo in the air, but only if you use a range attack at the very of a ground based combo. that being said, the range attacks for weiss and yang are very weak. yangs only works at rather close range(though is kinda useful), and weiss's range attack is just bizarre. it just shots off attacks that fly off in a set path that doesn't lock onto anything and rarely hits anything.

The abilities and skill tress aren't really that great either. you can unlock more abilities as your finish set challenges, like kill x enemies with quake(Yang skill) to unlock this level 3 quake upgrade. or revive 6 friends to unlock this skill. the main issues i have is they don't really feel unique enough. they certainly look unique, like Wiess being able to freeze enemies, but if you look at each 1st skill, they're all standard AOE spells that cater to each different character. Having more personalized skills like Yang doing a 1-2 combo that sends something flying, or Ruby dashing forward using her speed cutting down anything in her path, or Wiess being able to bounce grimm into the air with her glyphs would be a lot nicer, but it just seems like they aren't there yet. It still feels weird having 3 abilities unlocked at level 1. i like the idea of the characters having 1 skill at level 1, and then getting more as they level up/finish chapters.

also as with anything early access game, there are bugs and stuff to work out which i'm sure will be addressed over time. the game itself does have potential, but it'll need a lot of work. the game itself is still rather fun to play through at the moment. it is worth getting right now though? I'm really not so sure. might be better waiting for a bit until more content is released, a maybe more story. overall polishing. i'm not sure. we can try make posts when new stuff gets added to the game if need be though

hope this helped

EDIT: Blakes voice sounds off and oobleck's avatar picture thing looks god aweful :(
Trosk-
La Volpe
Awesome episode!"Money can't buy you skills" OOOH GOT EM!
A Medic
My friend allowed me to play the game a bit since he purchased it and I was able to get though the entire game in a few hours, and that was without rushing everything. IMO I would still personally buy it because I want more to be added to it and for it to expand but if you are not into that I would just wait for the official release.
Jinxy
Three words: Jazz is sweet.

Neon Katt tho this name is so stupidly clever

The battle was obviously rigged by Cinder to be in WY's favour; a known taunter vs Yang? But Weiss just performed terribly in this match, and they somehow also did not know their opponents beforehand when they should have been watching the first rounds.

Pyrrha was way OOC, it's probably an illusion/shapeshift. Ozpin might not even have been talking about Pyrrha, it could have been a red herring, maybe
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Yang and Weiss got provoked way too easily. I even started rooting for team FNKY half way through that fight
NaomiMinette
Finally got around to watching the recent epi... GIMME THOSE TWO SONGS DURING THE FIGHT, AL;SDFKJAS;LDKFJ;LASDJF;LASDJF;LSADKJF;LASKDFJ;L

Also, can't wait for Yang to say "URUSAI, URUSAI, URUSAI!!!" in the Japanese dub XD
Trosk-
Trosk-
Everyone get in here http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-se ... ter-6-fall

WTF was that final...
Nyderion
i feel bad for yang :'(
Hidden-
The hell, I didn't expect that to happens...
Topic Starter
deadbeat
That made me feel uncomfortable
Jinxy
Oh wow. Holy crap. Damn, this episode was one hell of a wham.

SPOILER
So "Autumn" they talked about 2 episodes before was Amber Autumn (or vice versa), the Maiden of Fall, and Cinder Fall almost guaranteed to be the assailant

Yo this some Last Airbender shit but darker

That fight was smooooooth. Amazing animation imo.

And Cinder's plan for the tournament is partially revealed. Get the angriest competitor to make a terrible foul, and stir up so much negative emotion in one place that Grimm all over the region notice.

And the crunch, the sad music, and the reveal on the screens. "That made me feel uncomfortable" is the perfect description of my feelings, and it is an amazing thing the animators have successfully made many of us feel.

This is easily one of the top 5 episodes so far.
Trosk-

deadbeat wrote:

That made me feel uncomfortable
Same.
La Volpe
Holy shit, now i'm curious to know who are the other maidens, also the match at the end... RIGGED
Topic Starter
deadbeat
guessing Summer Rose was another of those maidens before she died. Maybe Ruby is one now?
NaomiMinette
I saw what happened in the recent epi. I'm still going WTH...
Trosk-
NaomiMinette
^ Uhh... I'm confused...
Trosk-

Blazevoir wrote:

^ Uhh... I'm confused...
Spoiler
Basically, Neo is creating that illusions to "boycott" people in the tournament. I'm gonna leave these here

wikia wrote:

Neo appears to be able to create very convincing illusions which can be used to fool enemies. These illusions do not appear to be very solid, as they shatter on impact. This illusion ability was only seen once, in "Painting the Town...", where she creates an illusion of her and Roman Torchwick as a distraction for Team RWBY as she and Roman escape on a nearby Bullhead.

Neo's apparent ability to teleport (as seen in "No Brakes", after Raven Branwen appears) may also be linked to her Semblance. Her disguise and radical change in appearance seen in "Round One" may also be due to her Semblance, or it could be achieved through more mundane means.
http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Neopolitan http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Semblance

Obviously what you saw in the video is just a theory, but I think it makes sense.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
there's going to be a RWBY live stream on youtube here. starts at 20th december at 4:30am. no idea what time zone. 14 hours from this post anyway
Jinxy

Trosk- wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

^ Uhh... I'm confused...
Spoiler
Basically, Neo is creating that illusions to "boycott" people in the tournament. I'm gonna leave these here

wikia wrote:

Neo appears to be able to create very convincing illusions which can be used to fool enemies. These illusions do not appear to be very solid, as they shatter on impact. This illusion ability was only seen once, in "Painting the Town...", where she creates an illusion of her and Roman Torchwick as a distraction for Team RWBY as she and Roman escape on a nearby Bullhead.

Neo's apparent ability to teleport (as seen in "No Brakes", after Raven Branwen appears) may also be linked to her Semblance. Her disguise and radical change in appearance seen in "Round One" may also be due to her Semblance, or it could be achieved through more mundane means.
http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Neopolitan http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Semblance

Obviously what you saw in the video is just a theory, but I think it makes sense.
Actually there is an alternate theory which I agree with that the two events on Coco and Yang were by Emerald and not Neo.

SPOILER
There was a reddit post about it which I cbf to dig up, but semblances have VERY specific and distinct sound effects, and Monty did pay extra attention to them (along with weapon sounds)

During the train scene where Yang tries to punch Neo for the first time and reels back, and when Neo runs from Raven, there is a high-pitched whirring sound then a breathy sound.

However, the Yang vs Merc once, it is a sharper and shorter wind-like sound. It is very similar to Coco's imo but only louder. (<- Some people have contention with this point and think it doesn't sound that similar tho)

These two sounds are distinctly different and hint at two different semblances. The theory is Neo's is illusions that affect the surrounding area, while Emerald's is hallucinations which affect a specific person. In this case, Coco and Yang. And yes, this means Yang was not provoked to attacking Merc in reality.

However, there is one caveat that I couldn't really tell what the sound effect was during the third scene in the video was though, all I hear is generic glass shards which don't match the above.

Bonus point to note: Emerald was explicitly shown being missing from her seat during Yang vs Merc. By the Law of Conservation of Detail, it is highly likely that she was doing something important during that time. Like messing with Yang's mind.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
RWBY Volume 3
-Next episode is another World of Remnant episode
-Ends around February
-Volume 3 OST willl be released not long after volume 3 ends.

Upcoming RWBY Grimm Eclipse stuff
-New never before seen environments
-Horde mode
-Game lock on feature has been considered
-DLC characters confirmed.

New App called 8 Tracks.
-You can mix RWBY songs. Comes free with This Will be the Day. Other songs cost $0.99. I think it's only on iTunes

i may of missed some stuff. also the japanese translations had some rather....fun translations
Matoi
already wasted almost 5 days on grimm eclipse, what have I become
MLGnom

Matoi wrote:

I will probably hit this amount easily when Horde mode will come out with next bigger update...
Topic Starter
deadbeat

MLGnom wrote:

Matoi wrote:

I will probably hit this amount easily when Horde mode will come out with next bigger update...
i'll be right there with you!
Trosk-

deadbeat wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

i'll be right there with you!
o/
Trosk-

hype
Intone
it would be a dreammmmmmm if RWBY would actually come out every week. And actually 25~ minute episodes!!!!!!

I guess that's too much to ask for :( :( :( :(
Trosk-
http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-se ... -chapter-7

Each chapter is better and better...

Also, if someone doesn't know what Blake and Adam were talking about:

show more