i never got why people found doubles harder than triples

all you have to do is make a galloping motion with your fingers

caravan palace - dragons

recent hanzer maps
Fahe
There's these ones :

- https://osu.ppy.sh/s/94906
- https://osu.ppy.sh/s/78268

I have troubles with them too, always too fast or too slow on the second one for some reason, I'll post a handful of other maps if I can think of other ones ;)
Kaeru

Akari- wrote:

I think the reason that doubles are harder than triples is because you have to be more accurate. If you press a triple too slowly or quickly you'll most likely only get a couple 100/50s but messing up the timing on a double can cause you to miss easily.

I would just play more maps with a lot of doubles in them. Sometimes it's also easy to just tap a double as if it's a triple to make it less awkward. Dragons is good for double practice. When that song becomes too easy just pop on DT and NF.
Valdyr
Doubles are the bane of osu!. They do get a bit easier if you spam doubles maps, but they're so stupid otherwise.
NixXSkate
Usually when I do doubles, quads, and sometimes triples, I rotate my wrist and don't use much of my fingers, seems to help. Is this a good habit? I doubt it.
Zare
You have to understand that "doubles" as you call them appear in two entirely different rhythmical scenarios.

a.) 1/6 doubles:
These are the doubles as they appear In Dragons and all other kinds of swingy 1/3 songs. Here you have to realize that the second circle always ends on a red or white line, which represent the mostly dominant beats in the music. So you focus your clicking on the main beats, but add an additional click right before it. To get a feeling I recommend to use the secondary finger for the first circle and the primary for the second, dominant circle. (this isn't necessary, especially if you spend some time practicing your finger coordination so you can use both fingers for whatever)

b.) 1/4 doubles:
These doubles are a little bit harder to explain. They're a common melodical phenomenon. As you see, they land on the second red tick and the following blue tick of a measure, then the next double starts at the next blue tick and ends on the next red tick. This way, the strong WHITE tick carrying the backbeat of the track is SKIPPED entirely by the melody. that's why they're somewhat weird to understand while playing.
also every consecutive double switches the focus between first and second circle, as the first double has the focus on the first circle, and the second double has it on the second circle, so you have to keep that in mind when playing. No real >tips< here, try to understand what you're doing and try switching your fingers according to the dominant circles, aside from that it's just practice.
nooblet

Akari- wrote:

all you have to do is make a galloping motion with your fingers

caravan palace - dragons

recent hanzer maps
I think doubles are harder than triples because they start on the 1/4 beat instead of the 1/2 beat, which are much harder to determine the accurate timing of (especially when it's not even in the music). They also cause funky rhythm sometimes when they're mixed with other stuff, also throws off your timing.

Edit: Nevahmind, Zare got it covered

I also have trouble on doubles, I usually just avoid them 'cuz I suck.
Zare
One more thing: doublejumps / streamjumps

These are NOT doubles. you need to click them just like you'd click a stream, since they're basically the same. Just keep the same clicking speed for all objects.
people are afraid of these because the sudden jumps insider a stream is omething that's still a rather "new" technique (and don't ju dare and link some 2009 map with random streamjumps now pls) and people don't know how to properly read them yet.
luckily so far they're mainly used on rather low BPMs so you have time to think about what you're doing. Just read every second circles and jump onto it in time. This is heavily reading-based and, again, is a matter of practice.
Maxis
One of my favorite maps, lots of 1/4 doubles in here.

I'm honestly more comfortable with doubles than with triples now because of playing maps like the above so much.
Vuelo Eluko
i always knew dragons was timed on a weird scale.. no wonder i cant get higher than a B
Aria Kanzaki
The only way to get better with double is to play more. Just try to listen to the beat and concentrate on the approaching circles.
Try these maps to practice: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/57428, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/42836
Tsukasa
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/36849

IF you're looking for doubles

Why are you looking elsewhere?
Anything Nekomata Master has doubles
Almost anything that Charles445 has doubles (Which are suprisingly trainable)
- Milhofo -
This thread helped me a lot, I just can't do doubles and quads without a 50 in harder maps. Guess it's practice just like I got used to triples.
B1rd
does anyone even like doubles? they just annoy me so I don't play maps with them. they seem unnatural.