forum

[Archived] Lag when Life Bar loads, and randomly during beatmaps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoyoenix91
My system requirements seem to be adequate, but whenever I play osu! on my laptop, I experience lag.
It's mostly when I start a song, and the screen snags for a second while the game is still running, and when it catches up, I've already lost the game.

Sometimes it snags randomly during a beatmap, without anything major going on in the background. I once caught it snag when the game... shot... fire... onto the screen (flamethrowers?), but that was only once.

I have a 1.6 GHZ Processor, 2 GB of RAM, and I have DirectX 9 downloaded. Not sure what sort of video card I have, but it's internal, and sadly, probably non-upgradable.

I REEAAALLY want to play, I miss osu!. Any ideas why I get this lag/skipping? :|
Randy96
Issue #0: Lag.

Lag can be caused by many, many sources. Here are some common ones that may help if you're experiencing lag:

1) Background processes, antiviruses, etc.
2) Viruses, spyware, trojans.
3) Your computer needs an upgrade.
4) Your drivers are not up to date.
5) Try OpenGL mode and/or reduce your visual settings in game.
6) Things happen.
awp
Could be the videocard, if it's got shit for VRAM, it might try to load things on the fly, which is where you're experiencing hiccups. Also, if the VRAM is limited, external applications might be trying to borrow some of that, or some of your processor.

Before I reformatted my computer, I was getting the exact same thing - randomly occurring hiccups.
Topic Starter
Yoyoenix91

awp wrote:

Could be the videocard, if it's got shit for VRAM, it might try to load things on the fly, which is where you're experiencing hiccups. Also, if the VRAM is limited, external applications might be trying to borrow some of that, or some of your processor.

Before I reformatted my computer, I was getting the exact same thing - randomly occurring hiccups.
Just checked, apparently I have 96 MB of VRAM. Is that not enough?
Puru_old
-