forum

Macro in osu!editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
fergas
SPOILER
7months ago
Does it exist or is that possiable to make? I mean such macros from Microsoft Offcie or Photoshop.

Exp:
1) Mostly during mapping i use 1.3(1.5) ds for constant distance and 0.7(0.9) for streams. With macros itss possiable to bind "ctrl+num1(num2)" for changing this ds faster.
2) Some basical rotates which you use all time 15°/30°/40°/60° from selection center or scales like 0,8/1,0/1,2.
3) Working with hitsounds may become easier: put whistle hitsound on red stick, finish on blue, clap on green with one key ._.
Can be more usefull in combo with "Sampleset\Additions" parameter.
4) Working with combo color - compose mode.
5) Changing between snaps - when you need diffrent lengths(from 1/4 to 1/6).
6) Make such patterns with one key.

In fact, all this hings may be not so usefull but i guess it will help skilled mappers to personalize their editors for every map and they will save tons of time.
Also Osu doesnt need to edit macros. Record would be enough.

P.S. Excuse me for my Enlgish :(

Another try.
Additing function to make macros would help every mapper personalize editor. It will help to save time on technical basics.

Someone frequently use "ctrl+c \ ctrl+v \ 2*ctrl+> \ ctrl+g(to make ds)" sometimes its possiable to add some rotation to this.
Someone frequently use diffrents distnace snaps 0.7\1.3\1.7 . And its also possiable to add float ds for people who use multiples jumps(tranporitng to next beats and come back after).
Sometimes tracks got diffrent drum loops(or any others). Record some 2-3 basic combination for full tact would save time and also help to escape from mistakes.
etc etc depends from mapper's styles for diffrent projects.

Everything this can help to save tons fo time for skilled mapper who clearly understand what they are doing.
I understand it not easy to involve such thing in osu but what others think about this?
Topic Starter
fergas
bump
Bara-
From old request
1.) These are already taken. They are used to switch between Select, Circle, Slider and Spinner (or was that w/o ctrl)
2.) is Ctrl Shift R/S too much of a deal? I use it a lot, and ot's not a pain in the ass
3.) Press W (whistle), E (finish), R (Clap)
4.) Cool, but littli people use colorhaxing atm (AFAIK, smth like this one has been requested before)
5.) This rarely happens, but with ctrl scroll you can change snap divisor, maybe make it preciser ( now it goes 8-4-2-1, should go 8-6-4-3-2-1)
6.)requested many times

About new req, i don't really understand it, but you can change ds with alt scroll
Sorry for bad typing, Im at iPad (ehich is bad with typing)
Topic Starter
fergas
mhm it's ok till i also use hot keys only.
The problem is that that even with hot keys you need to do same thing over and over.
Want to do jumps: putting objects to next divisor(i ma doing in this way), first would be on next yellow tick, second on blue tick. After goona build stream with another ds. In this stream i gonna put 1/4 slider jumps which i gonna draw with copypast form rotated for 195 deg.
I gonna use same patterns(or close) through all map. I suggest to automatize this everyting.
If its too bad - ok nvm adn forgive me. But i think such think helppp for amny mappers. ;c

Handy. Have my suppport.