forum

[resolved] No sound in game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hydraty
Hello !
Problem Details: So basically just formated my computer today and installed windows 8.1. I re-installed osu! and started the game but there was no sound at all. I tryied using the mixer thingy that which actually showed there was a sound detected. Tryied to remove the osu!User.cfg file to reboot the game, didn't work either. Getting kinda tired to look for an answer so I decided to post here wishing that a mighty soul will help me out cause I really want to play :/!

Thanks in advance!

osu! version: 20140628.6 (latest)
NeVMiku
Just to be sure but did you install the audio drivers? This might seem stupid but well...sometimes it happens.

I don't know of this will work with Windows 8.1 or not but please go into sound properties and select the default audio component to the one you're using. I'm using my iPod to type all this because I have no access to my laptop, I will help you more once I get my hands on it (probably tomorrow). In the mean time just Google how to do it.
Topic Starter
Hydraty

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Just to be sure but did you install the audio drivers? This might seem stupid but well...sometimes it happens.
Well I hoped I did that mistake but I unfortunatly didn't...

Edit : Problem solved itself after reinstalling the game for the 4th time somehow.
Sapphiire_old_1
When you scroll down with your mouse it turns down the volume it could be that what caused your problem
zxzx1290
if some of music player use audio exclusive mode that might cause osu no sound
for example foobar's plug-in WASAPI...
PatZar
Press up button in main menu
Trauter
Change settings in the osu!(your pc name).cfg
VolumeUniversal =
VolumeEffect =
VolumeMusic =
xasuma

Hydraty wrote:

Edit : Problem solved itself after reinstalling the game for the 4th time somehow.

No need to keep answering, lol.