forum

Deleted

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
and I thought I was a hard dude for playing with only one functioning eye.

Damn. hats off to you.
AutoMedic
You rely on the Ar instead of the music. Kudos to you bro!
piruchan
How do you play Hidden? Do you remember when notes is supposed to be hit?
Foxtrot
What made you decide playing a rhythm game like osu! ?
Kyno
Wow, thats impressive

One question.... while playing osu!.....
Even without the music and you're clicking circles, do you kind of make up your own beat or music to it? So it would still be like just a normal rhythm games, no obstacles what so ever?

I dont want to say anymore because i would just end up confusing everybody .-.

I have just turned serious for 5 minutes. wow
Vuelo Eluko

piruchan wrote:

How do you play Hidden? Do you remember when notes is supposed to be hit?
Hidden can still be read visually since at any given ar the time you have to hit is visually the same.
Haneii

-Tobi wrote:

I only practised watching the circles get closer.
Which do you play with, mouse or tablet?

Is reading the map visually the only way for you to pick up the rhythm/patterns in maps?

Have you come across any maps where you could develop an inner rhythm and timing based on your clicking/tapping (ie: Your movement + tactile response from mouse or tablet if any)?
silmarilen
do people get annoyed at you when they dont know you are deaf and they talk to you but you dont respond?

how does being deaf limit you the most in everyday life?
Cyclohexane
what is your favorite type of donut

oh hey look this thread is now in GD
Topic Starter
-Tobi
Jazz
what do you think about toast and eggs for breakfast?
why can't they also be for dinner? or lunch? Just like any other food?
Mofu kun

-Tobi wrote:

I would've posted it on reddit but i cant find the reddit/r for osu!.
r/osugame (You have to get permission going a mod before starting an AMA though.)

Do you watch anime? If you do, what is your favourite and why?

What is your favourite school subject and why?
Gumpy
First Manga you read, if you have done that (i'm just assuming since you are deaf)?.
Well i guess you could watch anime to with subs aswell if so have you watched any?
Cyclohexane
oh also I would not recommend going the osu! subreddit by any standards, the forums are much more inclined towards discussion and not just "omg i cleared my first insane"
Maxis
What do you think sound is? ie What is your personal idea of what sound (and everything relating to it, like music, language, etc.) may be?

Do you think you could do better at osu if you could hear the music?
K E N N
What if, for some impossible reason, that you could hear sound? What would you do if you could hear sound? What will you do from now on if you did hear sound?
Topic Starter
-Tobi
Deleted
Kanye West
Do you think there are any benefits to being deaf, as opposed to being able to hear? (other than not hearing the annoying neighbors, lol)
Chase96
What mouse and keyboard do you use?
Topic Starter
-Tobi
Deleted
-Takis-
Wow. You're pretty amazing to be deaf and play osu. Kudos to you, my good sir or whatever gender you are. HoNk : o ) Here, have a snickers. *gives a snickers bar* o3o Snickers are love, Snickers are life. ;)
Topic Starter
-Tobi
Deleted
Foxtrot
Whenever you listen to music, can you hear its vibrations? It explains how there are deaf musicians. If so, how does it feel? Does it actually help you play osu! better?
-Takis-

-Tobi wrote:

I guess i should thank you?^^
Naw, just eat. the. SNICKERS. :P Yeah, you can thank me or whatever.
Shivarion
Granger

Dulcet wrote:

Whenever you listen to music, can you hear its vibrations? It explains how there are deaf musicians. If so, how does it feel? Does it actually help you play osu! better?
Depending on the reason you're deaf you're able to hear those vibrations, some types of hearing aids dont louden the sound, instead they vibrate in the sounds frequency, at the bone.
Ryu Sei
Wow.

Q: Have you tried other mode besides osu! ? What's your first impression playing "that" mode?
Vuelo Eluko

Ryu Sei wrote:

Wow.

Q: Have you tried other mode besides osu! ? What's your first impression playing "that" mode?
he probably wont be limited in ctb its the least rhythm oriented mode
he is improving tho, he was half the rank he is now last time i checked, and hes almost caught up to me... in less plays... and no hearing... WITH HIGHER ACCURACY.

wow. i have no excuse.
Ven
Do you ever dream of someday playing with sound?
Vish024
What football club do you support?
KazmiSain
Can you hear and speak properly in your dreams?
HazeL

-Tobi wrote:

I've only been speaking German Sign language so far... in school they only teached us English via voc. books and stuff...

I would've posted it on reddit but i cant find the reddit/r for osu!.

I don't know if im good at osu!, atleast i try to play as good as i can , but I'm sure i can get alot better :).

I play Doubletime mostly. Hidden is kinda impossible since i have to know when i need to click after the circle appeared so thats awful to play for me :D.
Hardrock is also a nice mod but its the hardest too.
Flashlight is all about learning the map by heart, but i never play this one because it would take waaaay to much time.

I have Auditory processing disorder (APD), also known as central auditory processing disorder (CAPD). I could use a hearing aid, but its quite expensive and my family can't raise the money for it at the moment. I also don't want to hear-since I'm fine without hearing =). I've been deaf since my birth...
woa your amazing. can we become friends? :)

<we are poor>
Granger

KazmiSain wrote:

Can you hear and speak properly in your dreams?
If he never had any kind of hearing aids for a while to learn hearing and speaking (which needs a specialized school too), probably not because he simply doesnt know how hearing/speaking is like.
Martell_old_1
You must be kidding, top19k with that good acc in only 14k plays.
LuigiHann
This is an inspirational thread, kudos to you
Vuelo Eluko
worst rename ive seen in awhile
Granger

Riince wrote:

worst rename ive seen in awhile
KagamiHRS
Whoa... The hell with that unimaginable improvement despite deafness!?
Okay, actually, they say that when one sensory is impaired, it will significantly enhance other sensory.
That would mean you are godlike at reading maps. And I'm surprised that you don't make your own internal rhythm, which is easily possible, but using your heightened eye perception to time your finger touch sensory response in time with approach circles or hidden circles, to make tapping patterns based on size of approach circles and making huge jumps easy!
I have to say though, even to non-deafs, it's still very possible to play it, without any hard limits.

But blindness is an entirely different story however. Blindness would make all modes except Taiko IMPOSSIBLE to play. For Taiko, one would always need to hear the songs with Auto mod and then memorize every single rhythmic sounds. Funnily enough, HD HR and FL mods would have absolutely no effect on difficulty to the blind, a free multiplier!