forum

Seriously why do we have to time the release of each hold note?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter

-Hazelnut wrote:

No one's trying to troll you.
If you want to make this game more logical, listen to others and play this game more.
No one's going to listen to you seriously until you have at least 500 playcounts.
Since you can't play this game at the moment, you didn't need to bother making this thread. You should have made this thread after you started playing.
Thanks but I already listen to others hundreds times more than believing in my own opinion.
I'll stop arguing here. That was all I have to say.
Kamikaze
Somebody call Locktav
Topic Starter

egas00 wrote:

hurr, that's make the game more boring, hold note is fun because like piano, you release when it's time to release,
no release time ? boring note, go die

it's just like you ask "Seriously why do we have to time the release of each hold breath" loljk
Most of you are unreasonable just like this guy.
I've said pretty clearly, read all my posts above and realize it.
For those who really like timing the releases, adding this would be logically correct and make the game HARDER: releasing individual notes with perfect timing ->which means you can't really hold them. When playing piano, you can't really hold those notes either so it'd be more logical, isn't it? Do you think it would be more fun?
Bobbias

Cyclone wrote:

If i still had the ability to lock threads I would do so here.
Please find someone who can lock these kind of threads. It's so frustrating not being able to do anything about these threads.
Topic Starter

Bobbias wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

If i still had the ability to lock threads I would do so here.
Please find someone who can lock these kind of threads. It's so frustrating not being able to do anything about these threads.
Fine, just run away from the matter and keep this one of your o2jam games
akebono

41236 wrote:

or maybe I'm an extreme case of OCD and autism
You're implying it's just YOU who got this ;)

41236 wrote:

Better keyboard = advantage
hello ~ I'm the guy who have $3 ... no $1.5 keyboard from 2002 ~ and I HATE MECHANICAL KEYBOARD ~ too :3

41236 wrote:

egas00 wrote:

hurr, that's make the game more boring, hold note is fun because like piano, you release when it's time to release,
no release time ? boring note, go die

it's just like you ask "Seriously why do we have to time the release of each hold breath" loljk
Most of you are unreasonable just like this guy.
I've said pretty clearly, read all my posts above and realize it.
For those who really like timing the releases, adding this would be logically correct and make the game HARDER: releasing individual notes with perfect timing ->which means you can't really hold them. When playing piano, you can't really hold those notes either so it'd be more logical, isn't it? Do you think it would be more fun?
hello ~ I'm the one who play piano and play clasiccal ~ not to mention I love jazz too ~

yes it'll be fun, but ~ it'll be a boring game, you don't like it ?? aww... just make your own game or play other game that's fit you, (I'm doing that everytime and not complaining), clearly your reason is strong and good, but not logical enough >:(

adding this would be logically correct and make the game HARDER ? how can you call it harder when you just hold 7K and just release it when the other note comes up ? I'm actually doing that and it sucks..
Granger
Again, explain us HOW it is more logical?

When playing piano, you can't really hold those notes either so it'd be more logical, isn't it?
Have you even ever played piano or any other music instrument? (Except stuff like drums and xylophones as those cant play long notes.)

Why is it more logical to not have to follow the notes as they are written (or mapped in this case)?
Bauxe
I thought mania was based off IIDX (at least, peppy said so in the recent event), and in IIDX, you need to let go of hold notes on time.

So it makes sense to have it here too?
Topic Starter
I wanted to make o!m better at first, now I hope it keeps this system forever and continues to be this generation's o2jam.
Bobbias

41236 wrote:

Fine, just run away from the matter and keep this one of your o2jam games
First, o2jam is lenient on hold releases. they're required, but the timing window for them is generally pretty large.

Second, you have no right to criticize a game mode you haven't played.

Third, if you seriously wished to make a suggestion that peppy should change this game mechanic, you've posted this in the wrong forum, and this should be moved to the suggestions forum.

Fourth, you have no experience with this game mode, and presume to tell players how their game mode should work. This is pure flame bait and will never result in a civil discussion of the matter, regardless of how valid your remarks might be.

Fifth, your criticism is entirely pointless because peppy will not change something this fundamental to the game mode just because one person decided it was a bad decision.
Pinecone
Not really there are lots of BMS style maps in o!m as well as o2 maps, stepmania 4k...
It's a bit of an exaggerating expression to say o!m is the new generation of o2jam
Agka

41236 wrote:

now I hope it keeps this system forever and continues to be this generation's o2jam.
what's wrong with o2jam though
akebono

Bauxe wrote:

I thought mania was based off IIDX (at least, peppy said so in the recent event), and in IIDX, you need to let go of hold notes on time.

So it makes sense to have it here too?
I thought IIDX really STRICT at releasing hold note ? more than o2jam do ?
make sense now ?
Kaeru

41236 wrote:

Are you all trolling?
Wait, what? I thought you were the one trolling. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this kind of game mechanic. Once you start playing the game you won't even notice it. The reason why you don't have to release short notes on time is because it makes absolutely no sense to be judged twice in such a small interval of time. That would make smaller notes give way too much accuracy and it wouldn't make sense at all. Long notes have to be held and released on time because you're supposed to be following the music. Who the hell presses a short key and doesn't release anyways? The whole purpose of this system is to make the game feel smoother and more like you're actually interacting with the music.

You mention that you have OCD.. doesn't that mean you should support this system? I have that to some degree as well and I think it would be less symmetrical if releases on long notes aren't judged. I think you should really just start playing.. you will get used to it.. and if you have a valid complaint, people will take you seriously if you're an avid player.
Dolphin

Agka wrote:

41236 wrote:

now I hope it keeps this system forever and continues to be this generation's o2jam.
what's wrong with o2jam though

:lol:
Chokladboll
i expected to see you here dolphin :D
Vuelo Eluko
good thing this guys loud noobiness and bitching drowned out my earlier stupidity :)
Pinecone
Wow there are lots of people posting on this thread haha.
This thread got too much attention than it needed ._.
Fullerene-
stepmania player here

stop complaining, this isn't stepmania. deal with it
Dolphin

Chokladboll wrote:

i expected to see you here dolphin :D
holy shit are you stalking me or something im calling the cops
ExVeemon
Okay, before I start to begin (and hopefully not cause that much of a ruckus), do you play Stepmania or FFR before you came to osu! (or really osu!mania)?
Loctav

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Somebody call Locktav
Here I am.

@OP learn to play. Everything else has been said previously already. You should mostly read what Cyclone wrote.
And next time you want a change, better find a good reason not why the current way sucks but why your way is better. "It's more logical" is a void expression without a reasoning behind it. It's like say "What I say is true." "Because?" "It's true."

(god, ExPew. Why did you not lock this on your own and wake me from my sleep)