forum

Just got my first pen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[XJ9]
My wacom bambo arived in the mail today, it feels really awkward using it , this is my first ever tablet, is it normal for it to feel this wired or are my settings off.

My Settings.
Vuelo Eluko
Normal.

btw if you play full screen i dont recommend starting full area. i started full area but thats because i play 800x600 on a 1280x1024 monitor.
Mofu kun
It does take quite a while to get used to tablet.

Find settings that are comfortable to you and just practice with those settings.
Topic Starter
[XJ9]

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Normal.

btw if you play full screen i dont recommend starting full area. i started full area but thats because i play 800x600 on a 1280x1024 monitor.
My monitor is 1920x1080 my osu is 1366x768
Martell_old_1
I would honestly recommend starting from small area and expanding it with time.
Nub1
my reso is 1366x768 too and I use full area, you will get used to it later

but I dont check the force proportion
sayonara_sekai
try sticking it up your ass.
Weed

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Normal.

i started out fullscreen full area and turned out fine

my wrists even developed muscles
Maxis
*has always played fullscreen full area 1680x1050 on a 10 x 6.25 in. tablet*

Maybe I'm just the odd one out here?
buny
If you haven't already, find tablet fix to reduce tablet delay (turning off all useless features)

Also, yes. It will generally be awkward because you switched from mouse playstyle to tablet playstyle, and you're not yet comfortable with the switch.
Give it a few days or a week
Dexus
Here it comessss

Disable windows desktop composition and windows themes (This fixes windows latency, this is only if you insist on playing windowed);
UNCHECK windows ink, this fixes the problems with tablet lag as buny is saying (no other external methods needed);
Try windowed 1440x900 @480fps; Map your SCREEN AREA to be within the osu! window;
While having force proportions on adjust your TABLET AREA HEIGHT to what you find to be comfortable. (The width should adjust accordingly).
Play more and don't change it unless it's causing you problems.

That will give you a wider range to test with until you find something comfortable. People just set it to the 1920x1080 screen area and assume they're playing full screen/full tablet when it really doesn't work that way; they're actually using a pretty small area.

I play full screen (24" monitor, pushed back so it's 'smaller') full tablet (8"x5") and can say that the most important thing is to maintain aspect ratios; size is just preference.
Mathsma
I dislike mapping my tablet area to just my osu! window because I hardly use my mouse now unless I play MMOs or I haven't played osu! in a while.
Dexus
You can set up a profile for just when osu! launches. I use specific settings for osu! and then different settings when photoshop launches.