forum

Running Low on Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Verity
Over the last 2 months i have been playing through all my beat maps (majority are from Anime OP and ED) and i have reached the point were i have played them all to death. I'm sure there has been that Beatmap that we have all adored to the point where we will be humming it subconsciously at work or whatever we do during the day so i'm basically asking for some recommendations to satisfy my rhythm craving. I want to get better so i can beat the rest of the hard songs in my library and i find the best way to do that is practice with new songs. I also apologize if this is in the wrong area, new around here.
Kaeru
Either you're too picky with the maps you play or you don't play enough multi-player. If you make a room for people around your rank and rotate host around you should be able to get a lot of good maps for your level. Another thing you can do is download the most recently ranked maps or search artists that you like and see if you can find any good maps that way. Also, don't feel like you only have to play ranked maps. The vast majority of maps I play are unranked.
Topic Starter
Verity

Kaeru wrote:

Either you're too picky with the maps you play or you don't play enough multi-player. If you make a room for people around your rank and rotate host around you should be able to get a lot of good maps for your level. Another thing you can do is download the most recently ranked maps or search artists that you like and see if you can find any good maps that way. Also, don't feel like you only have to play ranked maps. The vast majority of maps I play are unranked.
Haven't even clicked on the multiplayer option yet. still a little intimidated by the fact that majority of people here can s rank insane songs without breaking a sweat or maybe that just a preconception i have conjured up because i have been watching too much YT >.<
Kaeru

Mrbarklus wrote:

Haven't even clicked on the multiplayer option yet. still a little intimidated by the fact that majority of people here can s rank insane songs without breaking a sweat or maybe that just a preconception i have conjured up because i have been watching too much YT >.<
I personally think it's the other way around. It becomes more difficult to fit in and find a room to play in the better you get. Being a fairly new player, you're in the vast majority, and so you should be able to find new friends to play with very easily. For me it's not as easy to find rooms where people are playing songs around my level.

The best advice I can give you is just to dive in multi-player and download and play as many maps as possible. Try to find rooms that are comfortable for you, but don't be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone. In fact, you should purposely do that just to challenge yourself. And the most important thing is just to have fun. This is a game after all, not a chore.
piruchan
Go multi. There's always someone who have map that you'll like out there.

I used to have the same problem as well. I used to avoid any maps that is not anime OP/ED, even worse is I stay away from any OP/ED of anime that I haven't watch. Then I got bored and decided to try something different. Now I download maps everyday (around 5 to 10 maps/day) and never ran out of things to play.

I suggest you start with the instrumental and BMS map, they're quite nice.
Pettanko
how can you run out of beatmaps to play when there's literally 50000+ maps out there

just download everything you find on the beatmap site and you'll find hundreds of maps you'll love
Noobsicle
xasuma
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist get them all. then play what you want to play
Topic Starter
Verity
just spent the last hour blasting through multiplayer. its cool how you can download beat maps on the go. thank you all you have solved my problem getting competitive against others will never crack my boredom as long as i am playing. thanks for the advice.
Bauxe
Oinari-sama
There's also Beatmap Torrents available if you wanna go down that road...

Really helps reducing downloads in mp.
buny
Download beatmap packs
timemon
>type the artist's name you love on beatmaps search bar
>download everything you see
>have a good time!
Dexus
These aren't always great but I do find some good ones sometimes; http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?s=3&o=- ... 0&la=0&ra=
Gumpy
Just play multiplayer for hours.