forum

Answering all your osu! questions.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
E a g l e
Hello fellow osu! players :) As I have been reading through this forum I decided to do a quick summary of answers to all questions being asked in this forum to stop them from being asked all the time.

Firstly, if you do not want to read through all questions you can either ctrl+f or you can look at this picture which will make your life a lot better.

EDIT: Did not expect people to actually reply to this, it was intended to be somewhat of a parody of this forum in general, also sorry if it was not clearn enough ^^

Isokasapupuja - Fixed ur name :)
iWhorse - Most people posting here have very little game time and are complaining that they can't play songs they are not even supposed to be able to beat yet.

Q: I cant stream/aim/have good accuracy blabla bla
A: Play more.

Q: My hand hurts, I can't improve etc.
A: Change hand position if it hurts, duh... play more! Also mabye you play too much, take a break and watch some animu/ecchi/drink coffee, I have no idea what you do to relax.

Q: What is the best tablet area?
A: There is no, whatever you like....play more!

Q: Mouse, best dpi/settings whatever
A: It really does not matter but you should disable mouse acceleration (Yes I know there is a few people who can play good with mouse acceleration on but seriously dont, trust me, Im a bird.) Some people like a high dpi and some like a low dpi, play with whichever you like the most, why relearn muscle memory if you do not have too? If you change something, do not expect to play better instantly, you still have to practise to get good so well...PLAY MORE!

Q: Why am I not improving?
A: I assume you have a very low playcount (below 10k) and you probably dont play a lot either, if you play over 300 songs per day and are still not improving you are doing something wrong, check answers to questions further up.. And yes PLAY MORE!

Q: I can't read this or this AR/OD/CS..
A: Practise aka PLAY MORE

Q: Not gaining PP
A: You suck. lol jk but seriously you just need to play harder songs and/or get better scores on easier songs.

Q: Im not enjoying osu! anymore.
A: No one playing osu! enjoys it, no one can leave osu!, osu! is love osu! is life.

Q: Keyboards etc
A: Mechanical keyboard>rubberdome/scissorkeyboard. You can't possibly argue anything else. (Except if you're Isokasapupuja cuz hes a robot.)

Q: Hardware problems.
A: Download newest drivers, clean the hardware with appropriate methods (Yes, use google for this). If all else fails, buy new hardware.

Q: Input delays etc.
A: Disable windows Aero and desktop composition, if you're on linux then you are probably tech savvy enough to be able to figure it out yourself. If you're on a mac, use google because I have no clue and as far as I know mac is not Peppys main concern to fix.
Vuelo Eluko

-Eagle- wrote:

Q: Im not enjoying osu! anymore.
A: No one playing osu! enjoys it, no one can leave osu!, osu! is love osu! is life.
I knew it.

-Eagle- wrote:

Q: Input delays etc.
A: Disable windows Aero and desktop composition, if you're on linux then you are probably tech savvy enough to be able to figure it out yourself. If you're on a mac, use google because I have no clue and as far as I know mac is not Peppys main concern to fix.
eh there is one idiot proof distro out there.
Noobsicle
t/99612
t/187364
for more detailed information

edit: should add dis

Q: IM NEW 2 OSU! AND I WANA KNO HOW T-
A: google it

kthx
Topic Starter
E a g l e

Noobsicle wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612
t/187364
for more detailed information
Less sarcastic information

FTFY
yiingzk
me love this > No one playing osu! enjoys it, no one can leave osu!, osu! is love osu! is life. <3 :lol:
Insyni
osu! is evil! My hand hurts (<50 plays), I can't improve. Hand hurts= flailing randomly around, snapping disappears. Wut2do?

osu! still too addicting... osu! is life!
Soarezi
isokasapupuja is love isokasapupuja is life
isokasapupuja
you got my name wrong gigel
Dexus
I enjoy osu! I just don't like the ranks/scoreboards, mostly because I'm too lazy for mods and perfect accuracy on crazy stuff.

Holla_dolla_xXx_N0_m0d_4_1!f3_xXx_420_blazerinos
Top Bunk
Let's sum this up.

Q: I can't-
A: Play more

Q: How do I-

Q: What-

Q: Playing...?

Q: Play more
A: You have learned well.
DahplA

SlasherZX wrote:

Let's sum this up.

Q: I can't-

Q: How do I-

Q: What-

Q: Playing...?

Q: Play more
A: You have learned well.
The secret of osu! has been discovered...
Zare
What an unnecesary thread.
iWhorse

-Eagle- wrote:

Q: I cant stream/aim/have good accuracy blabla bla
A: Play more.

Q: Why am I not improving?
A: I assume you have a very low playcount (below 10k) and you probably dont play a lot either, if you play over 300 songs per day and are still not improving you are doing something wrong, check answers to questions further up.. And yes PLAY MORE!

Q: I can't read this or this AR/OD/CS..
A: Practise aka PLAY MORE
If you're going to start a question thread, at least be legit about it and don't say "play more" for everything
"play more" doesn't solve any real problems, only problems that weren't there in the first place

Zare wrote:

Rewben2

Zare wrote:

What an unnecessary comment.
Topic Starter
E a g l e

DustyFfy wrote:

osu! is evil! My hand hurts (<50 plays), I can't improve. Hand hurts= flailing randomly around, snapping disappears. Wut2do?

osu! still too addicting... osu! is life!
Doing it right haha :D
Zare

Rewben2 wrote:

Zare wrote:

What an unnecessary comment.
please, this thread offers zero help, it's just a mindless "haha I iz so fanneh luk at mah jokes mah jokes r amuzing"

If you're going to create an FAQ thread, at least be serious about it, like some others already did in a way better manner.
Topic Starter
E a g l e
What an unnecessary comment.[/quote]
please, this thread offers zero help, it's just a mindless "haha I iz so fanneh luk at mah jokes mah jokes r amuzing"

If you're going to create an FAQ thread, at least be serious about it, like some others already did in a way better manner.[/quote]

Zare this will probably get me banned but I think your logic applies here aswell, if you don't have anything good to add, don't add anything at all. (Not trying to start flame war, just leave if you are here to hate).
Sophia
A: Change hand position if it hurts, duh... play more! Also mabye you play too much, take a break and watch some animu/ecchi/drink coffee, I have no idea what you do to relax.

"Play more"
"Maybe you play too much, take a break"

MAKE UP YOUR MIND
Topic Starter
E a g l e

Dm1321 wrote:

"Play more"

MAKE UP YOUR MIND
But it could be both, osu! is very individual but seriously, don't take this post as some guide, other people made really good work, this is just making fun of the questions being asked in these forums and the replies given.
RaneFire

Dm1321 wrote:

"Play more"

MAKE UP YOUR MIND
My sides.

Seriously though...

Play smart. Then play more.

If you're gonna injure yourself, not very smart.
Zare

-Eagle- wrote:

Zare this will probably get me banned but I think your logic applies here aswell, if you don't have anything good to add, don't add anything at all. (Not trying to start flame war, just leave if you are here to hate).
hate != pointing out issues in your mindset
buschauffeur

Zare wrote:

-Eagle- wrote:

hate != pointing out issues in your mindset
You're making up clueless assumptions.

Q: how does a thread represents one's mindset?
A: it doesn't you total idiot without humor.
Zare
Imagine you're actually a new player who seriously searches for advice and finds this thread which literally makes fun of you. Yeah that's so encouraging and motivating. Haha. My sides.

I'm done.
show more