forum

Kikuo - Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Squigly
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, April 17, 2017 at 9:52:06 PM

Artist: Kikuo
Title: Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho
Tags: Dubstep Hatsune_Miku Kikuo Vocaloid Kikuo_P Glitch hop Drumstep Vocastep Marathon Dolphin
BPM: 170
Filesize: 9608kb
Play Time: 06:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Ascension Reincarnation (5.41 stars, 1065 notes)
  2. Donphin Inner Oni (5.76 stars, 2224 notes)
Download: Kikuo - Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
xd

Taiko by the fabulous Dolphin
Timing by Charles445 and pishifat
Eni
First.

rank this pls
Topic Starter
Squigly

Project Railgun wrote:

First.

rank this pls
you are beautiful
Meltdown
My god, this map. Sent chills down my spine as I was playing it. Once it's done I'm going to play the hell out of it until my fingers fall off.
Shuya_

rly fun map but unrankable cause of all the unsnapped sliders

edit: ohh my... im so dumb its all snapped :o
Ozato Fumika
Short advice
SPOILER
22:52 No Dap: Every SV change
22:52 No Dap: you need to put NC
22:52 Squigly: i do
22:52 No Dap: k
22:52 No Dap: also the intro
22:52 No Dap: SV change
22:52 No Dap: numbers are so random
22:53 No Dap: also this part 00:27:783 - if you don't do NC
22:53 No Dap: players are gonna die
22:53 Squigly: but ive had bad hr players get passed that part
22:54 Squigly: it isnt as bad as you think c;
22:54 Squigly: i always have that in mind with my beginnings
22:54 Squigly: because i tend to have problems with beginnings
22:54 Squigly: ill make them a new combo though
22:54 No Dap: yeah that doesn't mean
22:54 No Dap: you can leave that like that
22:54 No Dap: also
22:54 No Dap: 01:00:246 - I really strongly recommend
22:54 No Dap: you don't use long 1/6 streams
22:54 Squigly: well
22:54 Squigly: i wouldnt either but
22:55 No Dap: players can of course pass that section if they just stream
22:55 Squigly: i think i am have to go and keep it
22:55 No Dap: but its not really a good play
22:55 Squigly: yes
22:55 Squigly: yea
22:55 No Dap: cuz they are just streaming without any rhythm
22:55 Squigly: that is the rythym
22:55 Squigly: its 1/6
22:55 No Dap: I would use sliders
22:55 Squigly: i just dont want to make it too messy
22:56 No Dap: no you're making it messy
22:56 No Dap: by having a 1/6 stream there
22:56 Squigly: it looks fine and plays fine
22:56 Squigly: i know its 1/6
22:56 Squigly: there are 1/6 streams in a lot of maps
22:57 Squigly: sliders wouldnt be right is what im saying
22:57 No Dap: also you lied about Nc 02:00:248 -
22:57 Squigly: they dont fit
22:57 Squigly: yeah
22:57 Squigly: i dunno i didnt really think a repeating slider mattered i can fix it though
22:57 Squigly: if i must
22:57 Squigly: i know
22:57 No Dap: 02:00:998 -
22:57 No Dap: what about this though
22:57 Squigly: but there isnt a problem with it
22:58 Squigly: yeah i know
22:58 Squigly: i just realized
22:58 Squigly: i map some of this when i am really tired maynh
22:58 No Dap: are you absoultey sure this is 1/16? 02:04:953 (2) -
22:58 Squigly: what would you think it too be
22:58 No Dap: this whole section 02:04:953 (2) -
22:58 Squigly: it sounds most fitting to me
22:58 No Dap: I would add NC on every new bpm
22:59 No Dap: the thing is
22:59 No Dap: the hitsound is
22:59 No Dap: disgusting
22:59 Squigly: i havent changed them yet
22:59 No Dap: use 1/8
22:59 No Dap: I think it's more fitting
22:59 Squigly: i dont
22:59 Squigly: ...
23:01 No Dap: I think that's about it
23:01 No Dap: I don't wanna nazi mod
23:01 Squigly: mk
23:01 Squigly: lol
Topic Starter
Squigly

No Dap wrote:

Short advice
SPOILER
22:52 No Dap: Every SV change
22:52 No Dap: you need to put NC
22:52 Squigly: i do
22:52 No Dap: k
22:52 No Dap: also the intro
22:52 No Dap: SV change
22:52 No Dap: numbers are so random
22:53 No Dap: also this part 00:27:783 - if you don't do NC
22:53 No Dap: players are gonna die
22:53 Squigly: but ive had bad hr players get passed that part
22:54 Squigly: it isnt as bad as you think c;
22:54 Squigly: i always have that in mind with my beginnings
22:54 Squigly: because i tend to have problems with beginnings
22:54 Squigly: ill make them a new combo though
22:54 No Dap: yeah that doesn't mean
22:54 No Dap: you can leave that like that
22:54 No Dap: also
22:54 No Dap: 01:00:246 - I really strongly recommend
22:54 No Dap: you don't use long 1/6 streams
22:54 Squigly: well
22:54 Squigly: i wouldnt either but
22:55 No Dap: players can of course pass that section if they just stream
22:55 Squigly: i think i am have to go and keep it
22:55 No Dap: but its not really a good play
22:55 Squigly: yes
22:55 Squigly: yea
22:55 No Dap: cuz they are just streaming without any rhythm
22:55 Squigly: that is the rythym
22:55 Squigly: its 1/6
22:55 No Dap: I would use sliders
22:55 Squigly: i just dont want to make it too messy
22:56 No Dap: no you're making it messy
22:56 No Dap: by having a 1/6 stream there
22:56 Squigly: it looks fine and plays fine
22:56 Squigly: i know its 1/6
22:56 Squigly: there are 1/6 streams in a lot of maps
22:57 Squigly: sliders wouldnt be right is what im saying
22:57 No Dap: also you lied about Nc 02:00:248 -
22:57 Squigly: they dont fit
22:57 Squigly: yeah
22:57 Squigly: i dunno i didnt really think a repeating slider mattered i can fix it though
22:57 Squigly: if i must
22:57 Squigly: i know
22:57 No Dap: 02:00:998 -
22:57 No Dap: what about this though
22:57 Squigly: but there isnt a problem with it
22:58 Squigly: yeah i know
22:58 Squigly: i just realized
22:58 Squigly: i map some of this when i am really tired maynh
22:58 No Dap: are you absoultey sure this is 1/16? 02:04:953 (2) -
22:58 Squigly: what would you think it too be
22:58 No Dap: this whole section 02:04:953 (2) -
22:58 Squigly: it sounds most fitting to me
22:58 No Dap: I would add NC on every new bpm
22:59 No Dap: the thing is
22:59 No Dap: the hitsound is
22:59 No Dap: disgusting
22:59 Squigly: i havent changed them yet
22:59 No Dap: use 1/8
22:59 No Dap: I think it's more fitting
22:59 Squigly: i dont
22:59 Squigly: ...
23:01 No Dap: I think that's about it
23:01 No Dap: I don't wanna nazi mod
23:01 Squigly: mk
23:01 Squigly: lol
now everyone see's our disagreements mom ;_;
Moo-Chan
Short mod incoming ;w;
>< Sorry if not good~

Uh, only difficulty

- 01:19:691 (5) - Maybe open this slider up a bit?
- 02:56:433 (1) - I don't really think this should be a new combo
- 03:17:169 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I like the idea of what you have going for this stream, but maybe spread it out just a tad bit? ;w;
- 03:29:717 (1) - Again here, I don't think a new combo is necessary
- 03:46:365 (1) - And here with the non-needing combo xD
- 04:14:630 (1) - You should make the ending of this spinner quieter o:
- 04:31:523 (1) - Maybe instead of making this slider curve the way it is, curve it to maybe like this, ( example ) That way it can match with the slider before it
- 05:04:591 (18) - I was thinking that you could add a note here. ( If that time that I put doesn't work, click this~ Time line picture. And I'm suggesting that, because if you listen, there's a beat in between the stream and the next repeating slider

There you go squigloo ;w; and remember, your map, your changes ><
Topic Starter
Squigly

Moo-Chan wrote:

Short mod incoming ;w;
>< Sorry if not good~

Uh, only difficulty

- 01:19:691 (5) - Maybe open this slider up a bit?
- 02:56:433 (1) - I don't really think this should be a new combo
- 03:17:169 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I like the idea of what you have going for this stream, but maybe spread it out just a tad bit? ;w;
- 03:29:717 (1) - Again here, I don't think a new combo is necessary
- 03:46:365 (1) - And here with the non-needing combo xD
- 04:14:630 (1) - You should make the ending of this spinner quieter o:
- 04:31:523 (1) - Maybe instead of making this slider curve the way it is, curve it to maybe like this, ( example ) That way it can match with the slider before it
- 05:04:591 (18) - I was thinking that you could add a note here. ( If that time that I put doesn't work, click this~ Time line picture. And I'm suggesting that, because if you listen, there's a beat in between the stream and the next repeating slider

There you go squigloo ;w; and remember, your map, your changes ><
sv changes demand new combos, you silly girl >v>
Eni
Generally SV changes do not require NC when there are multiple sliders slightly increasing/decreasing in similar pattern.

Example: 02:41:962 (1,1) - Follows a similar pattern so you don't need to double slider 1 here.

In the end it's all about mapper's preference. I find your mapping style and way of using new combos a bit confusing, but that's just me~
Axarious

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1825609 raw shift f12, above is resized 66.6% scale or smth
IM NOT A SCRUBBA NOOB
here is replay hoho0h0h0h0 btw------ if this ever gets ranked, i will never be able to pull this off again + inb4 snowwhite HDHR 98%
http://puu.sh/aexql/02ba34ee85.osr
Topic Starter
Squigly

Axarious wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1825609 raw shift f12, above is resized 66.6% scale or smth
IM NOT A SCRUBBA NOOB
here is replay hoho0h0h0h0 btw------ if this ever gets ranked, i will never be able to pull this off again + inb4 snowwhite HDHR 98%
how many retries if i may ask c:
Axarious

Squigly wrote:

Axarious wrote:

IM NOT A SCRUBBA NOOB
how many retries if i may ask c:
One: last time I played this map was when you told me 'NO S SCRUB' '/me leaves' in #spectator.
Edit: your previous ver was like 1:50 + long break -> random spinner at 4-5 minutes in.
Rad-
Hello!

Well, I gotta say i am disapointed, this song had potential to have an amazing map, but what i played, it just wasn't how it was supposed to be... Unfortunately, i have to say that you don't have enough skill as a mapper to pull this off, and here is why:

- The map style for this really isn't fitting for a dubstep song, even if it has slow inherited points and fast ones, the sliders themselves are the biggest problem: being round and circular. It needed some squared points or just overall having bends to fit the bassline.
- The spacing looked too simple for any Insane/Extra difficulty map, looked like a beginner map at first.
- Lots of patterns don't really follow the song that well, and just seem to be filler objects, like 02:52:197 (3,4,5) or 05:43:394 (1,2,1), i still dont get what those part were supposed to follow.
- Also there appears to be some overmapping, places like these 00:51:246 (6,7) or 01:03:511 (5) where it just adds more objects for no apparent reason (none other than making the map more difficult on purpose that is).

Lastly, it needed new combo colors, but probably an even better idea: a Storyboard. If made properly, the storyboard could be something like changing BG color to warn about sudden slider velocities or simply different bpm changes that can be too hard to read out. Or simply something more enterntaining than a static BG that didn't really fit the song :\

Well I'll just have to say this: If you really want to continue with this map, i suggest practicing alot more with pattern creativity on complicated songs, mostly dubstep, creating also lots of different sliders as experience, and most importantly, play more maps. Because if you can play this map correctly everytime, it's even easier to detect it's flaws and looking for better ways to improve it.

Sorry if I wasn't helpful at all, i tried ;_;
Topic Starter
Squigly
:(

Rad- wrote:

Hello!

Well, I gotta say i am disapointed, this song had potential to have an amazing map, but what i played, it just wasn't how it was supposed to be... Unfortunately, i have to say that you don't have enough skill as a mapper to pull this off, and here is why:

- The map style for this really isn't fitting for a dubstep song, even if it has slow inherited points and fast ones, the sliders themselves are the biggest problem: being round and circular. It needed some squared points or just overall having bends to fit the bassline.
- The spacing looked too simple for any Insane/Extra difficulty map, looked like a beginner map at first.
- Lots of patterns don't really follow the song that well, and just seem to be filler objects, like 02:52:197 (3,4,5) or 05:43:394 (1,2,1), i still dont get what those part were supposed to follow.
- Also there appears to be some overmapping, places like these 00:51:246 (6,7) or 01:03:511 (5) where it just adds more objects for no apparent reason (none other than making the map more difficult on purpose that is).

Lastly, it needed new combo colors, but probably an even better idea: a Storyboard. If made properly, the storyboard could be something like changing BG color to warn about sudden slider velocities or simply different bpm changes that can be too hard to read out. Or simply something more enterntaining than a static BG that didn't really fit the song :\

Well I'll just have to say this: If you really want to continue with this map, i suggest practicing alot more with pattern creativity on complicated songs, mostly dubstep, creating also lots of different sliders as experience, and most importantly, play more maps. Because if you can play this map correctly everytime, it's even easier to detect it's flaws and looking for better ways to improve it.

Sorry if I wasn't helpful at all, i tried ;_;
that was an awful mod, dont ever start off saying something like that ever again. if you cant see where i was going with any of this then i think you should question yourself because apparently everyone else can. though i have been trying to find a storyboard. i never overmap, everything you pointed out was completely wrong, just dont take a map like mine next time please. clearly its too much.
Rad-

Squigly wrote:

that was an awful mod, dont ever start off saying something like that ever again. if you cant see where i was going with any of this then i think you should question yourself because apparently everyone else can. though i have been trying to find a storyboard. i never overmap, everything you pointed out was completely wrong, just dont take a map like mine next time please. clearly its too much.
I wasn't actually trying to mod it, I can't mod a map that doesn't play well at all. And if you think you can actuallly make something like a new style of map, then sorry to crush your dreams, but it doesn't look like you are any close to that. I would ofc respect your map if it at least plays well, but overall it's just boring to play and so uninspiring. And i am always being completely honest about this.

And you should really take notice of bad criticism, because negative feedback is still feedback and can still be used as a way of improvement.
Topic Starter
Squigly

Rad- wrote:

Squigly wrote:

I wasn't actually trying to mod it, I can't mod a map that doesn't play well at all. And if you think you can actuallly make something like a new style of map, then sorry to crush your dreams, but it doesn't look like you are any close to that. I would ofc respect your map if it at least plays well, but overall it's just boring to play and so uninspiring. And i am always being completely honest about this.

And you should really take notice of bad criticism, because negative feedback is still feedback and can still be used as a way of improvement.
it would be different if you thought yourself it wasnt that good, but your statement isnt fact, you are just a bad player if you cant play it. i wish i could remove your comments from this thread, its just litter at this point. i never take comments that are basically "this is shit" because its the most jackass thing anyone could do, you dont even know why you think my map is bad just dont respond i dont want to hear it.
Okoratu

Rad- wrote:

Squigly wrote:

I wasn't actually trying to mod it, I can't mod a map that doesn't play well at all.➥ b...but it does play well And if you think you can actuallly make something like a new style of map ➥ Things like that are not news, all it lacks imo is structure, then sorry to crush your dreams, but it doesn't look like you are any close to that. I would ofc respect your map if it at least plays well ➥ ... it does, but overall it's just boring to play and so uninspiring. And i am always being completely honest about this.

Yo i heard mapping as well as playing this game is differs from person to person. So if he provides a fun experience to people like me then why the hell not...? You could have just said that it's not your kind of map and that you therefore won't attempt to mod it and then drop your opinion on it.

Because starting your statement with
Is kinda like "u suck go away I hate you please stop" and thus insultive and enraging leading to this kind of argument here.
Rad-

Squigly wrote:

I never take comments that are basically "this is shit" because its the most jackass thing anyone could do, you dont even know why you think my map is bad just dont respond i dont want to hear it.
Well too bad you can't read what i said then, because i did say what was wrong with it on my first post, and i ofc can play the map, but it's one of thoes maps that ''Play once, never again''.

I really tried to like the map when i played it, but there is really no part that felt any amusing because the map lacks alot of it. And lastly, it is your own fault for thinking that i was too hard on you, because i wasn't, i was just being honest but you couldn't accept criticism if it wasn't positive for you, and well, that will be something you will have to deal with if you continue being like that.

I guess I looked really agressive when i typed all that, but thats how disapointed i was with the map, because i was expecting so much out of this, I'm sorry if i was any way offensive.
Topic Starter
Squigly

Rad- wrote:

Squigly wrote:

I never take comments that are basically "this is shit" because its the most jackass thing anyone could do, you dont even know why you think my map is bad just dont respond i dont want to hear it.
Well too bad you can't read what i said then, because i did say what was wrong with it on my first post, and i ofc can play the map, but it's one of thoes maps that ''Play once, never again''.

I really tried to like the map when i played it, but there is really no part that felt any amusing because the map lacks alot of it. And lastly, it is your own fault for thinking that i was too hard on you, because i wasn't, i was just being honest but you couldn't accept criticism if it wasn't positive for you, and well, that will be something you will have to deal with if you continue being like that.

I guess I looked really agressive when i typed all that, but thats how disapointed i was with the map, because i was expecting so much out of this, I'm sorry if i was any way offensive.
you dont have to like it, just stop modding maps if you are this terrible at it.
show more