1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
who do we listen to?
the players or the mappers?

this is an ethical question that needs to be answered.
should the players decide if the map is fun and playable, if it's challenging or too easy?
or should the experienced mappers do so?

:O

#gettingrealtiredofyourshitdolphin
posted
as a player
and a mapper

these streams are too hard.
I have no problems with hard maps (Snow Note is one of my favourite mappers ever), but this specific map is relatively easy up until these streams kick in and kill 90% of all the players that would pass the map otherwise. This is not a good design choice. You're creating something for players to play, not for players to die on.

additionally, not every slider velocity change warrants a NC. It might be a nice feature when the change is really extreme and when it's combined with an extra combo color just for that slider speed, but in your case, you did neither use the SV changes nor the NCs consistently.
posted
The stream patterns are kinda hard, but even on HR I managed to S the map (silly sliderbreak nvm) with 95%. As for the sliders, I don't find them hard to read at all, the SV changes fit the song, and even on AR9 sightread (which I suck at) I didn't get sliderbreaks.
posted

Zare wrote:

as a player
and a mapper

these streams are too hard.
I have no problems with hard maps (Snow Note is one of my favourite mappers ever), but this specific map is relatively easy up until these streams kick in and kill 90% of all the players that would pass the map otherwise. This is not a good design choice. You're creating something for players to play, not for players to die on.

additionally, not every slider velocity change warrants a NC. It might be a nice feature when the change is really extreme and when it's combined with an extra combo color just for that slider speed, but in your case, you did neither use the SV changes nor the NCs consistently.
i do understand they are hard but its a huge point in the map, rather, a buildup, its supposed to be majorly hard and its another reason i chose it. I cant just make it easier for the players when i feel the map calls for something completely different. Its one thing that i would love to keep even if it is very hard as opposed to the rest of the map. And dont get my wrong i really do respect your opinion and ill mull over the thought of simplifying the map at those points but for now i have a special place for those streams in my heart c:
posted
the problem for me is not so much the speed or the length of the streams, but the shape. especially the one at 03:16:998
it's fine that you want to do those sudden direction changes because of the bass in the music, but i think this is too extreme.
posted

silmarilen wrote:

the problem for me is not so much the speed or the length of the streams, but the shape. especially the one at 03:16:998
it's fine that you want to do those sudden direction changes because of the bass in the music, but i think this is too extreme.
i actually might just change that one, make it a little less of a direction change, but at the same time, you move your mouse less for that one than you do for the first. but more than likely ill tweak that one a bit. (:
posted
The second one is way more OP in terms of direction changes IMO, but still doable, hardly on sightread though...
posted
I'll just say this.

Everyone of experience should have their opinions valued at a certain degree.
However, if you need feedback on how a map plays out, experienced players are definitively a better source than simply experienced mappers.
If they're a combination of the two then it's even better.
Experienced players can certainly find issues in how a map plays out, what's sightreadable etc.
Mappers however are able to make the map look nicer and more appealing, which is a more artsy thing to do but is still a fairly important part of the map. They can also identify what kind of patterns suit the music. Not saying experienced players are not able to do this but this is the "main feature" of an experienced mapper imo.

Also flow is a term that's pretty shit because its subjective. Don't use it unless you're like #50

I'm not putting dirt on anyone, really, but the kind of person we should rely on definitely depends on the situation.

Honestly I think my taiko looks really dumb and shit. It doesn't LOOK fun to play, but it certainly is, and it feels rewarding to FC. That's more important to me!

But everyone knew this already, right??
posted
no kds

Artist: きくお
Romanized^: Kikuo
Title: てんしょう しょうてんしょう
Romanized^: Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho

This romanized title is against the rule about the way of romanization that was recently moved to the Rules category, but I found a source that says it's correct on Kikuo's facebook. Therefore we should respect and use it in the romanized title field.
posted

KSHR wrote:

no kds

Artist: きくお
Romanized^: Kikuo
Title: てんしょう しょうてんしょう
Romanized^: Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho

This romanized title is against the rule about the way of romanization that was recently moved to the Rules category, but I found a source that says it's correct on Kikuo's facebook. Therefore we should respect and use it in the romanized title field.
thank you so much for your help c:
posted
Finally someone mapped Kikuo, gotta give you a star for that
posted
Please also use the Japanese title in Dolphin's Inner Oni; it's currently conflicting because you have no Japanese title in there.
posted

Dainesl wrote:

Please also use the Japanese title in Dolphin's Inner Oni; it's currently conflicting because you have no Japanese title in there.
oh woops, i always forget about that S:
posted
So I love the way you've mapped the dubstep parts, but I agree with the others about the full-measure 220bpm streams. You need to figure out some way to decrease the difficulty there while maintaining the intensity of the map. I'm around rank 29000 right now and can pass the other parts of the map fairly easily, but those streams have players like Kynan, in the top 50, saying they kill. That is an enormous difficulty spike. In a ranked scenario, there'd be a whole lot of players enjoying the map up to that point, then insta-failing.
posted

electrolytes wrote:

players enjoying the map up to that point, then insta-failing.
YEAH RIGHT ! /caps
Nah but this kind of directions changes fit the song, but are definitely too hard compared to the rest of the map...
posted

electrolytes wrote:

So I love the way you've mapped the dubstep parts, but I agree with the others about the full-measure 220bpm streams. You need to figure out some way to decrease the difficulty there while maintaining the intensity of the map. I'm around rank 29000 right now and can pass the other parts of the map fairly easily, but those streams have players like Kynan, in the top 50, saying they kill. That is an enormous difficulty spike. In a ranked scenario, there'd be a whole lot of players enjoying the map up to that point, then insta-failing.
i cant say i dont agree with you, but its simply something that i feel needs to stay, i always think of how i can make it easier but i dont make the song and just making it into repeating sliders is mega boring, this adds an extra difficulty to it, not to mention its actually rather fun atleast in my opinion S: i know 220 bpm is a bit much but not to say it isnt doable, i mean if you look at the very beginning axarious was rank 1k and fced the map with fairly good accuracy so it isnt impossible its just rather hard. and to be honest i am not big on the idea of making things easier for the players that cant do it though im glad you like the map and can play it i cant just make those streams a lower bpm or rather decrease the difficulty with sliders it just takes away the feeling and epicness that i have tried to bring to the talbe. It has a buildup for a reason, its to get to those intense parts!

kynan actually does great on them nearly everytime so i dunno what he sayin >W>

im all up for people suggesting how you would rather see these hard sections changed but dont expect me to absolutely love it >: i truly do think these streams are rather important.

i hope none of you take it the wrong way that i feel so strongly about keeping these streams ):
posted

Squigly wrote:

electrolytes wrote:

kynan actually does great on them nearly everytime so i dunno what he sayin >W>
Nearly everytime huh... Yeah well it's fine for me, actually my problem is more in that 1/16 slider just after the stream... Remember my calculation on how nearly impossible it was to get a 300 on this with HR ? It fits the song but it's damn OP ! xD
And about that stream pattern, it's "fine" for me but it takes some tries if you're not used to that kind of stuff...
And still the only reason I didn't clear it on DT... damn you Squigly :<
posted
dont worry i have been thinking of ways to make it better, for now jesus1412 told me to make it a bit more spaced from the stream so that way it flowed better
posted
From my queue~

[General]
  1. tags suggetion:
    vocaloid
    hatsune miku
    DubSteloid
  2. remove "kikuo" from tags. it's already written in airtist

[Ascension Reincarnation]
  1. 00:41:805 (3) - end at 00:42:158- . or how about this?
  2. 00:52:746 (4) - NC?
  3. 00:59:452 (3) - ^
  4. 01:42:726 (4) - out of play-field
  5. 01:55:135 (6) - ^
  6. 01:48:862 (3) - I prefer slider: 01:48:862~01:48:930
  7. 02:01:305 (6) - end at 02:01:680
  8. 02:10:253 (8,9) - I prefer not to stack
  9. 02:59:668 (5) - object isn't snapped!
  10. 03:02:433- add a note

there are many timing points and SV changings in this map. Nevertheless, your rhythm coodination is very nice!!!
although I couldn't clear, it really moved me :):):)
star for you ~☆
~Good Luck~
posted

RandomEffect wrote:

From my queue~

[General]
  1. tags suggetion:
    vocaloid
    hatsune miku
    DubSteloid
  2. remove "kikuo" from tags. it's already written in airtist

[Ascension Reincarnation]
  1. 00:41:805 (3) - end at 00:42:158- . or how about this? the release of the note is on the blue tick if anything i should change it to add another slider but im keeping it the way it is
  2. 00:52:746 (4) - NC? i dont think it really calls for one there
  3. 00:59:452 (3) - ^ ok
  4. 01:42:726 (4) - out of play-field if im not mistaken things can be out of the square a bit and still be in the playing field
  5. 01:55:135 (6) - ^
  6. 01:48:862 (3) - I prefer slider: 01:48:862~01:48:930 its basically just white noise that is dissipating after a big hit so keeping it just like that is fine, plus it stays consistent to the other parts similar to this
  7. 02:01:305 (6) - end at 02:01:680 i put it on the 1/16 purple tick nice catch
  8. 02:10:253 (8,9) - I prefer not to stack i do believe its fine, people just shouldnt over react when they see it, its just a small slider is all
  9. 02:59:668 (5) - object isn't snapped! thank you i dont see how i keep having un snapped objects S: quite silly of me
  10. 03:02:433- add a note i repeated the slider v:

there are many timing points and SV changings in this map. Nevertheless, your rhythm coodination is very nice!!!
although I couldn't clear, it really moved me :):):)
star for you ~☆
~Good Luck~
thanks for you mod and star :)
show more