hi zare :*
Welp.thanks for the great mod c;
- 00:10:041 (1) - my initial thought was to change this slider into 2 circle, simply to emphasize that the drums are kicking in and it would also raise the attention on the vocals on the next slider the whole map is not about vocals except when there is nothing else so i focused on the increasing and decreasing sounds of the strings, mapping the sliders up and down rather instead of mapping into the other beats.
- 00:15:688 until 00:26:982 - i don't like your shapes and angles in this section. Yes, the spacing stays the same, but angles like 00:17:629 (9,10) - are much cleaner and simpler to play than stuff like 00:23:982 (13,1), which is a really sharp back-and-forth movement. Overall it feels like this was all just more or less randomly placed with only distance snap in mind. Consider that distance isn't the only thing that has influence on how objects feel. Additionally, the occasional stacks add weird stops that don't go well with the songs. the sliders are matched with the strings while i stack similar drum sounds and space the ones that differ ever so slightly, though it can be argued
- 00:32:629 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - for patterns like this, you could just use the "Create Polygon Circle" tool to achieve a much cleaner image. i think i tried but couldnt get it to work ill try again <:
- 00:36:864 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I've already talked to you about this in IRC. Try the follwing snaps, it's probably the best you can get out of this part. (1-6 is 1/6, 7 is on 1/12, the rest are on 1/8 or even 1/16. Make sure to use sliders because no one could play this accurately lol fixed, i hope its better, its a tricky section S:
- 00:38:276 (1) - this applies to the whole map in general: wub sliders that end before the next beat would sound better if the tail was silenced or at least lowered in volume. i will do this <:
- 00:41:805 (3) - have this end on the white tick and add a new slider at the blue tick, where this one currently ends? would fit the ... sound, better ill keep this in mind
- 00:43:217 (6,7,8) - I'd like to see these seperated from the previous objects in the same combo, the tone they're mapped on slightly changes and it feels weird to just treat them the same as as before. You could put a NC and/or display them differently by making them straight or changing the angle/spacing to accentuate them. This is also a repeated thing throughout the map, so maybe you can just add NCs at these spots i do change the angle and spacing to make the changes more noticable i did it for all these sections that are alike but ill nc them
- 00:51:688 (1,2,3) - snapped incorrectly: 2 should be on the white tick here and 3 would be perfect on the yellow tick at 00:52:261. I suggest to delete 3 and make 2 end on that yellow tick, you can't expect people to read 1/8 snaps. You can then add an object on the downbeat at 00:52:393. This makes sense anyway, it's a very dominant beat after all i actually disagree with this, i think its fine and with the millions of testplays ive gotten people play it perfect.
- 00:53:041 (5) - at this point you could improve readability if you deleted 5 and 6 and placed a 1/6 with a reverse arrow on 00:53:099. Would then look like this: this aint no insane V: extra for a reason
- 00:55:923 (1,2,3,4) - just for clarification: why are all these 1/3? they end on 1/3
- 00:58:923 (1,1) - get rid of one of the NCs here shouldnt it be fine? it is abiding by the rules i though S:
- 01:00:158 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - this is seriously too hard compared to the rest of the map, it's effectively 255 BPM streaming. Reduce the amount if consecutive circles to 3 instead of 6, then add a slider with a single reverse on 01:00:335 . Also consider compressing the the srteam more so it won't be mistaken for 1/4 i dont think it can really be helped i think its more or less better this way
- 01:02:452 (1) - Remove this NC, it doesn't really serve a purpose ok c:
- 01:13:727 (2) - really unfitting slider, ends on string drum beat and strong vocals, so you might want ro remove this from here and place a slider at
01:13:550 - or 01:13:903 - to have it more fitting. i didnt do vocals i did sliders and mini jump for the noticeable beats c:
- 01:14:433 (5) - same issue as above
- 01:18:556 (6) - ^
- 01:19:212 (2) - ^ etc.
- 01:29:226 (4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Nope. Way too hard when put into perspective. A lot(!!) of players that would pass the map easily would fail here or break combo. Not only is it a rather long 220 BPM stream, but it's also rather widely spaced with empasis on the strong beats.
Reduce the spacing, add (reverse-)sliders. Keep it reasonable. but.....its my extra marathon V; i rather love this section
- 01:30:589 (1) - and while we're at it, don't use a 1/4 slider with a single reverse in 4/4 streams, because this would land on the red tick and then the next circle is on the blue tick. this pretty much switches the entire focus of the stream and confuses the player. Add a reverse arrow, the slider will then cover a 4 1/4 ticks and the next circle will land on a white tick, starting a new 1/4 rhythm. it feels mroe natural and is easier to understand. ive seen it played fine and not but for now i would like to atleast keep this general section.
- 01:34:271 (6) - this should be snapped on 01:34:305 - nice
- 01:34:680 (2) - make this end on 01:34:851 - and delete 01:34:885 (3), it's overmapped. changed a bit
- 01:36:044 (1,1,2) -
- 01:38:226 (1) - more fitting rhythm for the measure starting here: nuh
- 01:49:589 (2,3,4,5) - this is actually pretty cool ;D
- 01:52:135 (4) - make this end on 01:52:305 - nice catch
- 01:53:203 (8) - why isn't this snapped on the white tick? It should be fixed
- 01:53:942 (2,3) - and these should both be snapped 1/8 later done and done
- 01:54:589 (5) - excuse me but this one just doesn't look good, visually. Try to make the curves mor clean and less crunched i dont know why i left it like that to begin with LOL
- 02:04:953 (2) - the problem with kicksliders like this is that you can't hit them late, because that will instantly result in a sliderbreak. At least make this 1/8 slider instead of 1/16. owo
- 02:10:764 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - same issue as the beginning, there seems to be no thoughts behind these shapes and movements. Try to get some structure in here, use sliderpairings by mirroring them, or use symmetrical patterns (that don't mess with the spacing ofc) or other stuff that seems less random. well, the thought behind these is to move up or down with the music not so much make it look symetrical
- 02:34:903 - why do you just skip the white tick here? there's vocals that want to be mapped never mapped to vocals
- 02:36:315 (1) - delete NC, also,I would map this one as two circles on the white and red tick here to fit the vocals. done
- 02:40:727 (1,2) - swap NC? because of what I explained earlier in the first part. not seeing the problem here
- 02:47:139 (3) - this one ending on a strong downbeat feels really wrong, try to shorten the slider and add something on the downbeat i like it c:
- 02:47:962 (1) - why these NCs again sv changes? i would think i would need to here S:
- 02:49:374 (8) - add NC here changed a bit
- 02:50:962 (1,1) - remove both NCs here pretty colors
- 02:52:903 (6) - same issue about supershort kicksliders as before, make this a tad longer thats half the fun of the map though ;D
- 02:53:609 (1) - i can understand this NC here because it's on a rather strong vocalish change but why 02:53:786 (1,1) - these too? get rid of them v:
- 02:55:021 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - same as the other 1/6 stream i addressed iz gud
- 02:58:197 (4) - add NC k
- 02:57:491 (2) - slider too short it plays like a regular note
- 03:00:668 (6) - you might want a NC here did et
- 03:16:889 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - yep, this is way too hard again ive never had problems here unless people cant stream it, im not making my extra easier for people who cant stream
- 03:18:809 (1) - too short, it also has one reverse arrow too much. took away the 1 reverse, but i keep it ;v
- 03:22:626 (5) - consider a NC here ye
- 03:29:717 (1) - remove NC i think it makes sense, it gets quite a bit slower
- 03:30:399 (2) - shouldn't this be 1/6? indeedly do
- 03:33:717 (7) - exchange this with a circle and add a slider on 03:33:808 - simpyl to go with the vocals better but what i mapped goes with the music better
- 03:34:626 (1) - repeated issue with the kickslider looks gud
- 03:51:675 (2) - ^
- 05:02:955 (1,2) - unfitting sliders, make them both have 2 reverses to fit the rhythm. i hope i made it better, its an awkward part to map
- 05:03:364 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - stream is too long and could use some NCs :D
- 05:04:864 (1) - I'd say this kickslider is actually okay because it's emphsaizing the distorted sounds so well ;D
- 05:11:954 (1,2) - this slowdown is a little awkward, the song doesn't really suggest it imo. You didn't use slowdowns like this in other parts where this sound is used, either. in my opinion the sounds expressed represent more of a slower section
- 05:21:312 (1) - remove NC its much slower though V;
- 05:22:819 (3) - for correct snap, place on 05:22:819 - done did it
- 05:23:629 (2) - this would feel better if it was snapped on 05:23:629 - changed some
- 05:31:747 (1) - make 1/8 changed
- 05:43:041 (4) - ^
Okay so. Let me get this clear, after checking through this in its entirety: It's not ready for rank. I has to focus on so many different things, I'm bound to have missed issues, even majore ones. New Comboing, Rhythms, correct beat snapping. Tbh I couldn't even pay a lot of attention to the spacing.
You have a few nice ideas that would also go well with the song, but placement seems poor at times. It's also inconsistent. And, what's kind of the most important thing.
It's not hitsounded. Hitsounds are required for anything that's supposed to be ranked, so you better get on with that.
I strongly advice to get a bunch of mods more before attempting to get a Bubble, preferably from modders that pay attention to more than just the surface.
That being said, this is not necessarily a bad map. It's very interesting to play, and if it gets a bit more cleaned up and polished with proper hitsounding, it can be great.
as a playeri do understand they are hard but its a huge point in the map, rather, a buildup, its supposed to be majorly hard and its another reason i chose it. I cant just make it easier for the players when i feel the map calls for something completely different. Its one thing that i would love to keep even if it is very hard as opposed to the rest of the map. And dont get my wrong i really do respect your opinion and ill mull over the thought of simplifying the map at those points but for now i have a special place for those streams in my heart c:
and a mapper
these streams are too hard.
I have no problems with hard maps (Snow Note is one of my favourite mappers ever), but this specific map is relatively easy up until these streams kick in and kill 90% of all the players that would pass the map otherwise. This is not a good design choice. You're creating something for players to play, not for players to die on.
additionally, not every slider velocity change warrants a NC. It might be a nice feature when the change is really extreme and when it's combined with an extra combo color just for that slider speed, but in your case, you did neither use the SV changes nor the NCs consistently.
the problem for me is not so much the speed or the length of the streams, but the shape. especially the one at 03:16:998i actually might just change that one, make it a little less of a direction change, but at the same time, you move your mouse less for that one than you do for the first. but more than likely ill tweak that one a bit. (:
it's fine that you want to do those sudden direction changes because of the bass in the music, but i think this is too extreme.
no kdsthank you so much for your help c:
Title: てんしょう しょうてんしょう
Romanized^: Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho
This romanized title is against the rule about the way of romanization that was recently moved to the Rules category, but I found a source that says it's correct on Kikuo's facebook. Therefore we should respect and use it in the romanized title field.
So I love the way you've mapped the dubstep parts, but I agree with the others about the full-measure 220bpm streams. You need to figure out some way to decrease the difficulty there while maintaining the intensity of the map. I'm around rank 29000 right now and can pass the other parts of the map fairly easily, but those streams have players like Kynan, in the top 50, saying they kill. That is an enormous difficulty spike. In a ranked scenario, there'd be a whole lot of players enjoying the map up to that point, then insta-failing.i cant say i dont agree with you, but its simply something that i feel needs to stay, i always think of how i can make it easier but i dont make the song and just making it into repeating sliders is mega boring, this adds an extra difficulty to it, not to mention its actually rather fun atleast in my opinion S: i know 220 bpm is a bit much but not to say it isnt doable, i mean if you look at the very beginning axarious was rank 1k and fced the map with fairly good accuracy so it isnt impossible its just rather hard. and to be honest i am not big on the idea of making things easier for the players that cant do it though im glad you like the map and can play it i cant just make those streams a lower bpm or rather decrease the difficulty with sliders it just takes away the feeling and epicness that i have tried to bring to the talbe. It has a buildup for a reason, its to get to those intense parts!
Nearly everytime huh... Yeah well it's fine for me, actually my problem is more in that 1/16 slider just after the stream... Remember my calculation on how nearly impossible it was to get a 300 on this with HR ? It fits the song but it's damn OP ! xD
electrolytes wrote:kynan actually does great on them nearly everytime so i dunno what he sayin >W>