forum

help making a fair league

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Cheto_
I don't know what to name it or to call it a league, but something where intermediate players can face their rank. Same with good players and bad i am pretty bad i guess. but like the esea thing, because when i see the good players in the osu cup. I want to be in a team and play lilke them. honestly i'm kinda lazy so this is more of request i guess for you guys to make it. or if the official game can also make this i don't know but all i want is to play competitively in a fun way. so if someone can (or osu can.) just do it please or if there is one send me a link and tell me i'm stupid.

Thank you for reading:Darklordd
uzzi
Man, I sorta get what you're asking. I've seen a lot of team-based tournys pop up from time to time, but none of them ever actually happen. Maybe this summer I'll make one, or someone else I dunno. We'll see.
Lilynn
This is exactly what I've been thinking lately, I've been playing with so many people my rank lately and and my close freinds thrown around the idea of making a team together. I would really love to see this idea/thread go somewhere. In my case Im considered a pretty average player. My difficulty limit being Nogard and 0108, so I really probably wouldnt be playing in the most advanced category of teams. but still this is an amazing idea.

-Lunahaku
Vuelo Eluko
sounds interesting but why be lazy be proactive.. make it urself :)
Lilynn

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

sounds interesting but why be lazy be proactive.. make it urself :)

Its extremely hard to be able to motivate and be able to this, honestly I dont think that Darklorrd could do this single handed. One does not simpily make an entirely new concept in osu! that works. Although I would find It quite interesting to see a whole team mechanic to get implemented into the game. Like actually have Teams be a physical thing in osu! and have a section of the game completely dedicated to team matches. (I guess this would be better said in the development part of the forums).
Pozepi
I would love to join a team tournament or something c:
Speed of Snail
This, is actually a good idea, I'm already dedicated to a tourney though :/. idk if people wanted something like this i could maybe make one in autumn but I'd need a staff as doing this tourney myself is difficult and doesn't seem to be the best for all my players. I wouldn't be playing but if no one else picks this up I'd be happy to open a league like this after I finish the tourney I'm working on now assuming i can get some decent map selectors and such.
Lilynn
I would love to join a fair league as well, needless to say :)

The little league group will be ranks - 400 K - 300 K.

Im preety sure that the middle group would be people who are like ranked, 300 K - 150 K.

The advanced league would be in the 150 - 50 K.

The ----- league (whatever you decide to call these leagues) will consist of the 50 K - 10 K ranked players.

Then the 3rd largest league will consist of the 10 K to 5/1 K.

and the 2nd biggest will consist of the 5 K - 1 K

then if we can attract some of the higher caliber players we could possibly make a league with players with ranks in the triple digits.

XD not that I really think that im going to be a huge part in the creation of something this big. just my thoughts.
Lilynn

Lunahaku wrote:

Im preety sure that the middle group would be people who are like ranked, 300 K - 150 K.

The ----- league (whatever you decide to call these leagues) will consist of the 50 K - 10 K ranked players.

then if we can attract some of the higher caliber players we could possibly make a league with players with ranks in the triple digits.

XD not that I really think that im going to be a huge part in the creation of something this big. just my thoughts.
Never mind scratch the whole, leauge based on rank idea, I think you should be placed in a league depending on how good you are. So im thinking that it should be based off of maybe an audition or test. that a league staff member will give out to the individual who wants to join.
Speed of Snail
Since no one seems to be picking this up I'll probably start this in about 3 weeks when my ongoing tourney closes, if anyone wants to pick it up now feel free but if not I'll keep checking here for suggestions and such since the topic works for that purpose now.
Lilynn
Thank you.
Pozepi

Lunahaku wrote:

Lunahaku wrote:

Never mind scratch the whole, leauge based on rank idea, I think you should be placed in a league depending on how good you are. So im thinking that it should be based off of maybe an audition or test. that a league staff member will give out to the individual who wants to join.
It may be alittle hard and it will take alot og time to have someone check the skills of every induvidual player. I think the ranking system should be good enough.
Lilynn
It may be a little hard and it will take alot og time to have someone check the skills of every induvidual player. I think the ranking system should be good enough.[/quote]

I guess your right but I'm just saying that if we use the ranking system there is gonna obviously just gonna be a inaccuracy in placing some individuals due to there being "Underanked people" so maybe if one person Is consistently winning each tourney (Or what ever) we could bump them into the next league.
Frostcage
gey
Lilynn

Caged wrote:

gey
>.> really?
Speed of Snail
Ok I'm going to pick this up, I have the time and resources to right now and frankly i do think that this needs to be done, I'll open a thread for it in about 2 weeks when i finish the remnants of my ongoing tourney and I'll search for better staff to organize something like this. If anyone has suggestions just post here I'll be checking it up until i open the initial thread.
CptHampton
Something like this might be what you're after:
t/164880

Different brackets and mapsets for different skill levels, that way everyone has a fighting chance and there's good competition in every round.

There was supposed to be a tournament #2 by the same guy (with a lot more than 4 levels to compete on), but it got cancelled because he didn't have the time: t/198693
If this could be pulled off with participation at all levels, it would be a pretty good format for a tournament, imo
Pozepi

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

Ok I'm going to pick this up, I have the time and resources to right now and frankly i do think that this needs to be done, I'll open a thread for it in about 2 weeks when i finish the remnants of my ongoing tourney and I'll search for better staff to organize something like this. If anyone has suggestions just post here I'll be checking it up until i open the initial thread.
Would be nice if you could post in this thread when you start making it :D
Lilynn
Would the teams stay consistent or would this be a one time thing?
Unluckee
With something as big as this, you'll probably need to have multiple groups managing each league otherwise it could get out of hand easily. I suggest starting out small and then expanding slowly so there is a less of a chance of something going wrong.
Lilynn

Altrax wrote:

With something as big as this, you'll probably need to have multiple groups managing each league otherwise it could get out of hand easily. I suggest starting out small and then expanding slowly so there is a less of a chance of something going wrong.
Thats a really good idea.
Speed of Snail
OK I'm starting development of it but will prob be like a month till we actually start, just a heads up ill start opening tomorrow with a thread about how its gonna work.
tryaway
If u still need staff, I'm willing to help.
Just give me some orders and I'll do it for you. (No money cost though)
Unluckee
I am also willing to help if help is needed, just message me if you want an extra pair of hands.
B1rd
or you could just play multiplayer and join lobbies of people your rank.
Topic Starter
_Cheto_
Wow my first forum post and people are getting into it. How about this we make a site and yes ill probably do this.Do you guys know of the tf2 competitive esea
league? I wanna do something like that but who wants the creator of this to be 13? (14 soon :3) Anyway i suggest i can be of staff and i need someone that can make a site. So i will need a crew people , right now manly a guy leader dude that tells us what to do. I really don't want to work to play in a team but i'll do it people that wanna help post here and stuff :P

-Thank you all for posting on this :)
Topic Starter
_Cheto_
Didn't see leons post so can i join ignore my last post :)
Speed of Snail
Sorry for being late but I've had other things on my mind, I'm opening the leagues midnight PDT on the dot, schedules and such will be played by ear depending on the turnout, if you're interested in joining i will pop back here after it's up in 3 hours and post a link.
Speed of Snail
We are Live.

t/230564