winber1
osu! is a funny joke

i laugh whenever i see it.

hahaha hahah this logo is funny
ztrot
wow this is a thread?
nrl

Hazlexnut wrote:

Er, regarding skins, how big of an impact do they have on playing? I've just been using the default thing
As a beginner, they probably won't make a huge difference. Playing at a high level the quality of your skin is much more important, especially for playing with hidden.
Bauxe

ztrot wrote:

wow this is a thread?
g&r
Hamster Only
muting the game? plebs

try muting the game AND listening to different songs from itunes/whatever while playing
Kaeru

ztrot wrote:

wow this is a thread?
SPOILER

HamsterCurry wrote:

muting the game? plebs
try muting the game AND listening to different songs from itunes/whatever while playing
That's a hilarious idea, actually. I should try that sometime.
KagamiHRS
Such joke post
Playing on mute is just a "stunt", making it unnecessarily hard... But not too hard still, if you can keep your internal BPM and utilize approach circles.
buny

HamsterCurry wrote:

muting the game? plebs

What is sad is that a lot of maps are actually very plain in general, and a lot of them will fit in with another song as long as they have similar bpm

also from natsumerin's profile
Lach

It's much the same with most songs with the same beat pattern and signature. You can in theory map to sounds that aren't there. That way your map is not only not fitting to songs of the same bpm, but the song itself.

Also, this thread shouldn't exist. It's painfully fucking obvious that a game that requires timing to music is easier with a backing track, even if it is only used like a metronome.
Mikelicious

phonics wrote:

is this a joke?
Trauter
Playing osu with muted sounds is like peeing with closed eyes
Insyni
I personally don't notice much difference between playing muted/ un-muted if I'm not spamming. Most songs that I can't pass muted, I can barely pass un-muted.
xch00F

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

It's a rhythm game, so without the music it'd be hard to hit notes accurately
if the bpm is constant then hitting notes without music is trivial
Aileefangirl
It's actually not that bad playing muted, I don't see too much of a difference. But nonetheless it is harder still.
[-Cloud-]

Trauter wrote:

Playing osu with muted sounds is like peeing with closed eyes
Challenge accepted.
Friendan
Unless you play at your optimial AR, then yes, it will be a lot more difficult.
nooblet

Choofers wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

It's a rhythm game, so without the music it'd be hard to hit notes accurately
if the bpm is constant then hitting notes without music is trivial
You'd be surprised how hard it is to keep a slow beat with high OD.

Without music is one thing, completely muted is a whole different feeling, because you lack the hitsounds as well.

@Topic Playing the game muted will probably make you rely on approach circles so much you'll kill yourself later.
Noobsicle

nooblet wrote:

Without music is one thing, completely muted is a whole different feeling, because you lack the hitsounds as well.
ez solution: use cherry blooz
xch00F

Noobsicle wrote:

nooblet wrote:

ez solution: use cherry blooz
this man knows what's up
Mythras
sounds like sniping in CS without ever using the scope or something