forum

keep playing >4,5 or back to <4,5 ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I worry about my accuracy, because it's to low for this level
Actually I can get >95% with fc at <4,5 (comfort zone) map but don't have any interest to do that at this moment
I don't have any clue keep playing beyond safe zone and think about accuracy later or back to comfort zone for accuracy
Vuelo Eluko
were the same rank so ill just say what i do, i stick with 4.0-4.5 star maps if i want to go for FCs and get some PP, 5.0+ for usual play and 5.8+ if i want a gutbusting pass [Six Trillion Years and Overnight Story was so worth failing 3 times at the end to finally pass]

xasuma wrote:

Both
this
xasuma
Both
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I do both but more focused to play >4,5 and get bad accuracy, I don't want to get mashing habit so I ask
I also play crazy map, offline ofc
I just play online if I have map to farm pp or multi if I need new map
buny
4.5-5

that difficulty range is very easy and with little practice, won't strain your fingers
if you can already get 95% and fc, then unless you aren't looking to improve i don't see why you shouldn't be moving on to harder difficulty maps.
Vuelo Eluko

sdrghjkkk wrote:

I do both but more focused to play >4,5 and get bad accuracy, I don't want to get mashing habit so I ask
I also play crazy map, offline ofc
I just play online if I have map to farm pp or multi if I need new map
u gotta play 4.5+ maps more and u wont mash on them at all. i have a good # of 97%+ scores on 4.5-4.7 star maps, and you will probably catch on to them even quicker. i have bad acc too so i know how it is to go from mashing to properly playing a map.

because think about it, will you get good at harder maps by playing easier ones?
Shirayuki
Do what I did, go to "Group by difficulty" tab, and sort them by difficulty if it's not that already, then choose 5stars group and just F2 --> play, F2 --> play.

5stars group = everything from 4.5 to 5.49, and tbh this group has the most varried paterns imo. And with time they will be your comfort zone.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
@bunny
I choose to improve first, I will think about pp later, but still worry about accuracy

@Bassist Vinyl
I'm not actually mash, just have bad accuracy, don't know is it mash or not (because I read somewhere in this forum, <95% is mashing)

@Shirayuki
I decide to play beyond my comfort zone, thanks for advice
buny

sdrghjkkk wrote:

@bunny
I choose to improve first, I will think about pp later, but still worry about accuracy

@Bassist Vinyl
I'm not actually mash, just have bad accuracy, don't know is it mash or not (because I read somewhere in this forum, <95% is mashing)

@Shirayuki
I decide to play beyond my comfort zone, thanks for advice
You shouldn't worry too much about accuracy, as it is a skill you gain from learning how to properly increase your aim and speed.
Accuracy and speed are the fundamental skills you should be trying to improve - accuracy is completely useless without them unless you're planning to stay comfy in that skill zone.
Keep in mind that your accuracy will increase pretty much whatever you do, as long as you keep playing (around your current skill zone), although your aim and speed will not increase unless you decide to play harder and more difficult maps.
tecu
Posting because our ranks are pretty similar.

I'm currently making pretty nice progress by ignoring stuff that's too hard or easy for me completely, and only focusing on maps that award pp roughly equivalent to songs in my top 10 performances. I believe this enables me to work my way up slowly, focusing more on aim and accuracy than speed, which I hope will come gradually as I progress further. I'm currently mostly playing songs at around 4.4 - 5.0

This is just personal preference, though, and I do believe playing a wide range of everything could pretty much objectively be the best for you.

Looking at your play count and the stuff you've FC'd within less than 25 tries each I guess you don't really need my advice though..
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
it's always end like that when I try to FC something hard for me
It's like I need to sacrifice accuracy for pp
I have many try on this map http://osu.ppy.sh/b/397072?m=0
It's success to ruin my accuracy with almost FC 87%, I was 94,6% before I try to FC this map
Vuelo Eluko
maybe listen closer to the hitsounds? idk
Bonsai
Well my personal opinion is that you don't learn accuracy automatically with aim and/or speed, I think (as many others, e.g. thelewa or kriers I think) that accuracy is in your head and once you have improved this you won't unlearn it. I think I improved a lot once i activated the hit error-metre and played some easier high-od-maps and just listened and focused on being accurate. I had this improvement when i was ~#8000 though, so I don't know if generally being better makes this easier. (and skill at a certain rank changes ofc, if this actually meaned anything at all) (also I trained 120bpm deathstreams for the first time q.q)

Once you have 'gained' accuracy you're accurate regardless of how difficult the map is, I often have high acc on very difficult maps; when I'm inaccurate it's simply because I missed notes / didn't read well etc.
If you have to sacrifice acc for fc i guess your consistency is at fault, so still playing many different easier maps and trying to fc them without many retries would still be a good idea.

[/imo]
buny

Pwnsai wrote:

Well my personal opinion is that you don't learn accuracy automatically with aim and/or speed, I think (as many others, e.g. thelewa or kriers I think) that accuracy is in your head and once you have improved this you won't unlearn it. I think I improved a lot once i activated the hit error-metre and played some easier high-od-maps and just listened and focused on being accurate. I had this improvement when i was ~#8000 though, so I don't know if generally being better makes this easier. (and skill at a certain rank changes ofc, if this actually meaned anything at all) (also I trained 120bpm deathstreams for the first time q.q)

Once you have 'gained' accuracy you're accurate regardless of how difficult the map is, I often have high acc on very difficult maps; when I'm inaccurate it's simply because I missed notes / didn't read well etc.
If you have to sacrifice acc for fc i guess your consistency is at fault, so still playing many different easier maps and trying to fc them without many retries would still be a good idea.

[/imo]
What I was getting at was, you need to play a lot to maintain accuracy.
So why not just train multiple aspects at one time, rather than just one? Also, it's a lot easier to be more accurate when put under less pressure - more difficult maps put more pressure and you won't always perform 100% on certain aspects at any given moment of the map
Bonsai

buny wrote:

What I was getting at was, you need to play a lot to maintain accuracy.
So why not just train multiple aspects at one time, rather than just one? Also, it's a lot easier to be more accurate when put under less pressure - more difficult maps put more pressure and you won't always perform 100% on certain aspects at any given moment of the map
I don't think you need to play much at all to maintain accuracy, I didn't play for almost one month once and afterwards i was just as accurate as before
And yeah ofc pressure makes it a bit more difficult, but not from 95% to 87% - for me, I often hit earlier in general when under high pressure, but my ur still stays almost the same, so that's something you could look at too
timemon
low acc players unite!
acc means nothing to me. pp is love, pp is lyfe.
btw if you want to get good acc try OD6 maps!
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/114446?m=0 this map gives mad peppy point.
Genki1000

timemon wrote:

low acc players unite!
Why would you ignore accuracy in a rhythm game :|.

Also, I think accuracy is a pretty great source of pp.

That map is only 3.75 stars and it's one of my top plays.
timemon

Genki1000 wrote:

timemon wrote:

low acc players unite!

I have pretty nice 100's accuracy. huehuehue
Mythras
you guys realize the insane amount of pp you get for being accurate right? you'd be saving yourselves a lot of time if you'd just FC the same shit with 98 or preferably 99%+ (like if the OP FC'd Diamond with 99% or something)
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Pwnsai wrote:

[/imo]
what is recommended for my current skill level? focus on accuracy first or focus on aim and speed?

timemon wrote:

low acc players unite!
thanks for the map

VioletMaid wrote:

you guys realize the insane amount of pp you get for being accurate right? you'd be saving yourselves a lot of time if you'd just FC the same shit with 98 or preferably 99%+ (like if the OP FC'd Diamond with 99% or something)
accuracy is hard for me, but I still try to get it ofc (while playing beyond my comfort zone)
Vuelo Eluko

Genki1000 wrote:

..yet when i 99%+ a 4.41 star map i get a lot less

dafak?
Bonsai

sdrghjkkk wrote:

what is recommended for my current skill level? focus on accuracy first or focus on aim and speed?
You have to set your priorities yourself. I guess getting better accuracy keeps you from getting bad habits, but as long as you don't encounter any high-OD maps it is in no way necessary to learn high OD. I can't play / am not used to OD10 since I can't read AR10 and hence can't play HR yet, and I don't see much sense in editing maps to OD10 just for the sake of OD.
After all it's your preference. Focus on accuracy if it's something that bothers you until you are satisfied.
timemon

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Genki1000 wrote:

dafak?

Nothing feels better than barely pass a map then get 1 pp.
tryhard pp best pp
Osu be like " gj timemon and here's 1 pp for you for being a tryhard"
Vuelo Eluko

timemon wrote:

Nothing feels better than barely pass a map then get 1 pp.
tryhard pp best pp
Osu be like " gj timemon and here's 1 pp for you for being a tryhard"
happens to me like three times a day lol

even got pp for nofailing muteki no soldier
Bonsai

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Genki1000 wrote:

dafak?
There's still a huge difference between 99,11% and 100%, and HD still is a factor too.

EDIT:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

even got pp for nofailing muteki no soldier
NoFail doesn't doesn't drag you down thath much when you still get a good score and wouldn't have failed.. maybe?
Vuelo Eluko

Pwnsai wrote:

There's still a huge difference between 99,11% and 100%, and HD still is a factor too.
tbh i thought the star difference would make up for it and then some.
What a poorly contrived system if accuracy matters that much between 99% and 100%.
im glad i dont care about PP or I'd be really frustrated about it.
Bonsai

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Pwnsai wrote:

tbh i thought the star difference would make up for it and then some.
What a poorly contrived system if accuracy matters that much.
im glad i dont care about PP or I'd be really frustrated about it.
How should the star differnce calculate what acc you'll get?
It's a rhythm game after all, it has been discussed sufficiently I guess, you can have a different opinion on it but don't call it poorly contrived when it's just your opinion against another one
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

SD have a score multiplier ?
beatmap : https://osu.ppy.sh/s/46480 (Insane)
Bonsai

sdrghjkkk wrote:

No, your SD-score is just higher because you had the 100s and 50s earlier in your combo so they didn't weigh that much
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Pwnsai wrote:

sdrghjkkk wrote:

No, your SD-score is just higher because you had the 100s and 50s earlier in your combo so they didn't weigh that much
I see, thanks
buny
Judging by your low accuracy fc scores, it looks like you're prioritizing combo over accuracy (probably because of score)
Try get into the mindset of listening to the rhythm of the music, rather than trying to hit all your notes - focus super hard on getting a high accuracy, but don't spam the retry button to do so.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

buny wrote:

Judging by your low accuracy fc scores, it looks like you're prioritizing combo over accuracy (probably because of score)
Try get into the mindset of listening to the rhythm of the music, rather than trying to hit all your notes - focus super hard on getting a high accuracy, but don't spam the retry button to do so.
Actually I want both accuracy and FC, but always messed at the end (combobreak or hit a lot of 100's and sometimes my hand stop moving)
Shaking left hand (because of nervous) is serious problem for me because I play like this, I can't maintain my accuracy with shaking hand, combobreak if I try

That only happen on >4,5 at the end of the song