forum

What do you want to see on the osu!academy

posted
Total Posts
show more
BeatBreakerS
How about a Video on Strain Injury, what is it, how can it happened,how to counter it and maybe some small Exercise(Stretches) on a Daily routine in between songs that can help :3

A League of Legends Professional player had to quit because of it.
ElliottB1
Ideas, ideas, ideas....
*grabs a book*
Oh. Here's one.
*puts away the book*
What about skinning? You can't have a rhythm game without customization, and I think skinning fixes that problem really well. So why not add a tutorial for it?
BeatBreakerS

ElliottB1 wrote:

Ideas, ideas, ideas....
*grabs a book*
Oh. Here's one.
*puts away the book*
What about skinning? You can't have a rhythm game without customization, and I think skinning fixes that problem really well. So why not add a tutorial for it?
well we already have wiki for it its full of knowledge about skinning
The Gambler
Please do a video on how to train efficiently, or at least, guidelines on how to train efficiently. It will save us ppl the redundancy in the G&R forums.
Pawsu

Tari wrote:

It would be really cool if you guys could go over IRC commands, I think some people might want to know some of them.
i'd be also cool to go over the whole irc situation. the best irc programs, and how to connect to osu with it
i know it's a bit off topic but people some into #help alot asking how to use it/what it is
BeatBreakerS

Pawsu wrote:

i'd be also cool to go over the whole irc situation. the best irc programs, and how to connect to osu with it
i know it's a bit off topic but people some into #help alot asking how to use it/what it is
show them the wiki page :v
Pawsu

BeatBreakerS wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

show them the wiki page :v
most of the things that they've covered already have a wikipage but they covered it anyways, this can too
Lay
Might seem pointless, but taking random or top rankings players from different countries and interviewing them about ctb and their stories, experiences and advice, getting to know the wider community of ctb and just all the places in which players reside
BeatBreakerS

SparKticas wrote:

Might seem pointless, but taking random or top rankings players from different countries and interviewing them about ctb and their stories, experiences and advice, getting to know the wider community of ctb and just all the places in which players reside
t/225111

We already do it :D, as for CtB Zak was interviewed :>
MAXG764
EEEEeeeeeeeh!!?
We have one of these?
SUGOOOOOOOOOOOI!!!!
ummm, can I have a cannon?

lessons on mania. I'm sooooooo bad, mainly because I just started. I'd like to learn popular layouts and whatnot.
Teach me Sempai!
CyberPoutine
Maybe you could make an online test? For example taking everything from osu academy, stuffing it into a test to see what people have learned.

For example: When 3 or more notes are combined and pressed really fast, what is it called?

A. A stream
B. A cluster
C.A row
D.None of the above
Fredy
How to map in spanish :v
vincaslt

xxdeathx wrote:

how to map WELL
^this, and would be very nice to have other mappers show their typical mapping session other than what ztrot has already.
Sir Lance
Yeah, id like to see what a mapper who ALWAYS edits like Skystar (etc.) show me how to map songs.
arviejhay
storyboarding techniques
white_
It would be amazing if you could get some prestiguous mappers to make some live beatmaps while they talk about their style and how they aproach beatmapping etc... (hats off if you get Skystar, Asahina Momoko, RLC, Fort or captin1)
[-Vayne-]
I think an osu vocab lesson would be pretty cool too.
iIiMARSiIi
Good OSU Gameplay Like The Big Blackhttps://osu.ppy.sh/s/41823 (If you have Seen 001thefish's Youtube Its Kinda like That.) Also How to Map.
JakshaOG
How to mapping
Asaiga
How to be Cookiezi step by step
floflim
A complete ctb mapping tutorial please
KINGDUNEGON
Seeing some good mouse plays by these tablet plebs.
emolokko
New Objects
Topic Starter
ztrot
I have good news thanks to a few talented mappers we should be having timelapse and detailed commentary into the process of making maps for some of the extra game modes soon, I'm currently working with Chromoxx to have a timelapse for the taiko game mode now!
Sonnyc
It may be a hard work, but I always thought adding some subtitles in the osu!talk would be more awesome.
1hr of audio only was kinda easy to lose focus x.x
AncuL
do you need any help with mania mapping kappa
Flami
Something on how to map for noobs as well as a bit for skinning since a lot of people don't know how to do that very well.
Pikuh
Mapping tutorial,
bad aimm
Weekly Skin Showcase C: ?
ReptilianD
How to stream and jump
MyAim
how to stream faster
Osten
how to make your own skin idk know if that is a good thing but yeah
NoodleSoupLover
Can we please get some tutorials on all the modes for skinning.

I would also like to see some tutorials on how to make an osu user-page look nice.
Nozhomi
What could be nice is maybe show some tips to help new modders, for example with a map like we got for BN test (with more obvious mistakes or stuff to improve) and explain why this should be changed and how, to complete the Beatmapping/Modding: Guide Compendium and all advice people could find here without real "concrete" example.
Grassgrow
I want to see more of those osu! history episodes, where they go through the early design stages! Episode 1 was very interesting, but not as detailed as i wish it to be!
deadbeat

WorldsWorst wrote:

I want to see more of those osu! history episodes, where they go through the early design stages! Episode 1 was very interesting, but not as detailed as i wish it to be!
bit late, but the history of osu! series isn't meant to be a full on detailed series. it's meant to give you an idea of how things were compared to now. i am working on more episodes, but they won't be super indepth
Nissanwarrior69
How to map mania