forum

What do you want to see on the osu!academy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
ztrot
I'm thinking of doing email questions at the end of episodes now, more details soon to follow.
AGRX
How to properly set global offset using this technique: t/8899
[ Kubolo ]
Simple Q&A
Howl
A video about understanding PP. Since a lot of people don't actually even know how the simple PP-weighting system works. And it would be also helpful to learn to how to get the most PP.
Gumpy

Howl wrote:

A video about understanding PP. Since a lot of people don't actually even know how the simple PP-weighting system works. And it would be also helpful to learn to how to get the most PP.
Basiclly this.
Lyubey
I also think different map style showcases would be good. For example: 0108, Angelhoney, TAG4
peppy
please don't. no one needs to see those >_<
Gumpy

Louis13 wrote:

0108, Angelhoney, TAG4
0108: Put lots of sliders everywhere (Scarlet Rose)
TAG4: Put every thing as far away form eachother as possible. (and should not ranked imo cuz it's dumb)
Angelshoney: Just sounds dumb.
unko
TAG4 was never ranked, only approved. And even that didn't last long.
Gumpy

nookls wrote:

>_>
Ranked TAG4 map.
unko

Gumpyyy wrote:

nookls wrote:

>_>
Ranked TAG4 map.
That's approved, not ranked. If you go on osu, click on that beatmap and look at the icon on the top left you'll see a flame instead of a heart which means it was approved. I can't remember what the difference between approval and rank(age? lmao) was but I'm pretty sure it's something to do with ranked score.

Also that map was made in 2009; pretty sure the ban on tag4 approval was added pretty soon after that.
Akiyama Mizuki
^ Lucifer's Cirno's Perfect Math Class. Go check that.
Trash Boat
idk if this has been asked but, the possibility to graduate from the academy. no kidding, it's an academy after all, it isn't?
Kingkevin30
i would to see some Interviews with CTB Specific Pro Players or QAT/CAT. (Kitokofox doesn't counts ghihihihihihiihihihihih)
deadbeat

Kingkevin30 wrote:

i would to see some Interviews with CTB Specific Pro Players or QAT/CAT. (Kitokofox doesn't counts ghihihihihihiihihihihih)
this would be something more for the osu!talk. there a few people we're trying to get at the moment though. i could try find some CtB pro players at a later point though
Kodora

bbj0920 wrote:

^ Lucifer's Cirno's Perfect Math Class. Go check that.
Only TAG4 diff is approved on this mapset; rest diffs are just ranked.
Tacyu
Mapping in general, there aren't any guides that really get you going in mapping.
Kingkevin30

deadbeat wrote:

Kingkevin30 wrote:

this would be something more for the osu!talk. there a few people we're trying to get at the moment though. i could try find some CtB pro players at a later point though
ohh did i missread the Thread, sorry. i thought it was ment as the channel itself, not the Osu!Academy video series
akitoApocalypse
It would be good to add like popular beatmaps of the week and show the gameplay.
It would also be good to like maybe have some videos describing guides and such, as some of the youtube videos are certainly lacking help as to how to get better.
Also, maybe having some future update videos? Though it may not be good since it is usually a surprise...
And maybe a ranking screen for the top players like how the leaderboards change or somethin?
Idk, just an idea.
exboshy
Interviews with hvick225, sayonara-bye and rrtyui.
6ixr
ask that in the osu!talk thread
Pawsu
maybe a look through the options and what you can do to improve your gameplay through there
Nyxa

Stefan wrote:

xxdeathx wrote:

how to map WELL
In other words: Flow, No-Go's, etc.

Would be a good point but this isn't something which can be set as general point. Opinions always differ here.
I think that "flow" and "no-go's" are a rather lame and lazy alternative to patterning and hitsounding which is pretty much what mapping consists of but flow is something you learn naturally as you spend more time working on your patterning. Knowing when to place what, where to place it, how to make it sound and why you should do things that way is way more important than "yeah guys uh slider leniency and you know don't start sliders on red ticks and uh yeah passive hitsounding uh -" this doesn't really help much if you don't know how to actually make patterns.

So, yeah. o!a on patterning and proper hitsounding please.
Dazdy_old

Trash Boat wrote:

idk if this has been asked but, the possibility to graduate from the academy. no kidding, it's an academy after all, it isn't?
This would be funny but I don't see how it'd work as there's always new videos being made.
[ Pustules ]
more indepth tutorial on mapping
kamikin_old
A guide on how to make your own avatar?
xasuma

[ Pustules ] wrote:

more indepth tutorial on mapping
I am waiting on this too. GO ztrot! :)
Topic Starter
ztrot
I'm just thinking about what I should make for a map.
Ryneo
An episode or a short message of why taking breaks is also important for your performance. I'm afraid there are heaps of people who don't understand the meaning of B R E A K.
Howl

Rosaryn wrote:

An episode or a short message of why taking breaks is also important for your performance. I'm afraid there are heaps of people who don't understand the meaning of B R E A K.
here you go
drum drum

kamikin wrote:

A guide on how to make your own avatar?
That's not very osu! related
Nyxa
So is this dead? No patterning tutorial?
deadbeat
why would this be dead? i can't see osu!academy dying any time soon. don't you worry about that :p
Nyxa
Well I mean there's just not much activity so I wondered what was up

Here's a suggestion, it may be stupid but why not round up a bunch of volunteer mappers/modders that are considered to be experienced and have them work on a more in-depth mapping tutorial together and then turn that into an osu!academy episode? It would be really neat if I could stop seeing new people making weird shit just because nobody bothered to explain them how and why. There's not really one mapper or modder who knows all about the world of mapping, but if everyone chips in I'm sure something good could come out of it

Seriously at this rate 2015 will be the era of antistreamjumpsliderstacks
Pawsu

Tess wrote:

Well I mean there's just not much activity so I wondered what was up

Here's a suggestion, it may be stupid but why not round up a bunch of volunteer mappers/modders that are considered to be experienced and have them work on a more in-depth mapping tutorial together and then turn that into an osu!academy episode? It would be really neat if I could stop seeing new people making weird shit just because nobody bothered to explain them how and why. There's not really one mapper or modder who knows all about the world of mapping, but if everyone chips in I'm sure something good could come out of it

Seriously at this rate 2015 will be the era of antistreamjumpsliderstacks

It's not dead at all, academy staff are working hard to rework the eps :p
xasuma
So now that the owc is over, I expect incredibly detailed mapping tutorials :D

Please? :)
- Marco -
I would like to be able to do italian subs as the same way as osu!localizzation
deadbeat
so there isn't a detailed mapping tutorial yet, but there is a timelapse video for all to enjoy :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3jepiQslg
TheLukay
More of ztrots sexy voice ;D
kamikin_old

deadbeat wrote:

so there isn't a detailed mapping tutorial yet, but there is a timelapse video for all to enjoy :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3jepiQslg
More of these!! Maybe get different mappers with different mapping methods and styles..
show more