forum

[web] Auto-save drafts when the page is closed

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +56
Topic Starter
Ayachi-
Sometimes when people are writing a reply or modding a map, they type the messages into the page called "Post a reply",or " post a new topic", "edit post" however the page can be closed accidentally without a confirm message.
I wish that there could be a confirm message of Do you actually want to leave the page with yes and no, so people won't lose all their work or what they had typed by closing the wrong tab.
I have done this a few times ...
Oinari-sama

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Sometimes when people are writing a reply or modding a map, they type the messages into the page called "Post a reply",or " post a new topic", "edit post" however the page can be closed accidentally without a confirm message.
I wish that there could be a confirm message of Do you actually want to leave the page with yes and no, so people won't lose all their work or what they had typed by closing the wrong tab.
I have done this a few times ...
Chrome's "Reopen closed tabs" function actually recovers the texts if you accidentally close it...

^That message was recovered as described. Tested on 35.0.1916.153 build.
Kitokofox
When posting a long post and you disconnect... Or crash.. Auuugh
Bara-
t/221865
Edit: Kind of the same thing.
Maybe merge them
Kitokofox
I'm down with that.
Oinari-sama
Please don't throw stars here, merging threads

EDIT: Done! Go ahead and continue the discussions :D
Topic Starter
Ayachi-
My face when closing tabs when I typed a bunch of words Σ( ̄□ ̄;

EDIT: more Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;Σ( ̄□ ̄;
Bonsai
bumping this as there's been no response? - In my early days of modding it happened like every second time I wrote a big mod, I generally write mods in Word or something like that now to avoid it but sometimes I forget about it and it's just really frustrating to lose one hour of work.
Nice to know that Chrome can recover that, but I don't want to change my browser just because of this. There are lots of sites that pop up a window when you wrote something to confirm whether you actually want to leave, that would be really great here too.
Endaris
I use FF and I can recover my posts too by navigating through the "Back"-Button when I accidently clicked some forum navigation or if I closed the tab by going into History -> recently closed tabs(probably works for windows too)
So this is not exclusive to Chrome. I always thought of this a feature this forum already had as I cant recover posts like that in other forums.
Bonsai

Endaris wrote:

I use FF and I can recover my posts too by navigating through the "Back"-Button when I accidently clicked some forum navigation or if I closed the tab by going into History -> recently closed tabs(probably works for windows too)
I use FF too, tested it once more: When I click 1) a link or 2) the 'back'-button, clicking 1) 'back' or 2) 'foward' doesn't restore the text. Recovering the tab after accidentally closing it restores it though. After recovering the tab, 'back' and 'foward' suddenly restore it too, but not initially, so that's just some weird behaviour, at least for my FF o:

Anyhow, lots of people have problems with this, so I don't think it has to be discussed how certain browsers behave under certain circumstances and whatnot ^^
Irreversible
good idea
Pawsu
This actually would be helpful hahaha.
Especially in cases when you accidentally click off of the page.
The back button doesn't always save it
Stefan

Irreversible wrote:

good idea
Jesus, why are you an alumni? aaaaaaa

On-Topic: I highly appreciate this idea and the addition of this feature, made enough times the experience to lose your work of hours. :?