forum

Shift Modifier

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
This modifier will make notes shift in directions while appearing.

Each note shifts about 5 units in one direction multiplied by the OD (For a maximum of 50)
However, this shift will happen during the time of appearing and to the time it needs to be hit. This means that higher AR rates will yield a faster shift speed but ultimately moving the same distance.
Each note will shift at 45 degree intervals. The first note will shift up, the second up-right, the third one right, and it goes around and then loops back. Sliders probably won't be affected. If a note hits the edge of the playfield it will stop.
This modifier should only give 1.06 because it barely changes much in the gameplay, but ant extra boost is still well worth it! It's also a difficult modifier and gives the normal S and SS.
For CtB the same is done, except shifting left and right as if the map were converted (shifting nome, shifting slow right, shifting right, slow right, none, slow left, left, slow left) When notes reach the edge of the screen they bounce.
Granger
Interresting idea, however id suggest it to be a unranked other mod.

My reasoning for that is that i completly messes up the map as the mapper intented it, additionally it can make the map easier/harder depending on the situation.
Imagine jumps getting shorter as example.

I personally am a bit against this, whats about distance spacing? The maps wouldnt make sense for the song anymore.