forum

[invalid] Kiai time flashing makes CtB fruits unhidden longer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Basically, if you're in a Kiai time, the fruits flash. If you're playing in Hidden, these flashes make fruits show for longer than they normally should. I found this the most distracting thing ever. Also, hit lighting on makes a flashy lightshow at the bottom of the screen too during Kiai time.
Lanturn

Kitokofox wrote:

Also, hit lighting on makes a flashy lightshow at the bottom of the screen too during Kiai time.
I always assumed this was intentional. It really helps out when playing Flashlight!
yxn

Kitokofox wrote:

Basically, if you're in a Kiai time, the fruits flash. If you're playing in Hidden, these flashes make fruits show for longer than they normally should. I found this the most distracting thing ever. Also, hit lighting on makes a flashy lightshow at the bottom of the screen too during Kiai time.
Isn't this intentional?

Changing it now would make a lot of HD FL records significantly more difficult.
Bara-
This is intentional.
Take a look at std mode.
In kiai + hidden you'll see lighting.png at the place where you need to hit it.
Idk if this is the case in Taiko (HATE HD IN TAIKO)
NeVMiku

baraatje123 wrote:

std mode.
=[]=

Kitokofox wrote:

I found this the most distracting thing ever.
Shouldn't it be helpful?
Vuelo Eluko
The whole point of Kiai is, as far as i know, to be as distracting and play disrupting as possible and not be able to be disabled.

I don't know why. Maybe it's to prevent the game from getting popular to the point where Peppy gets swamped with DMCA's for all the music on the site, maybe it's because it is integral to the feel of the game [lol], but whatever it is, i would sure like for at least things like this to be changed.

The reason I think it has some sort of deep seeded purpose is because there's no other rational reason why it wouldn't be able to be turned off like everything else visual in the game that affects gameplay, either through skinning with the famous 1px by 1px images that simplify nearly anything you don't need/want, or by a simple checkbox.
MillhioreF
This is indeed intended behavior, and is part of kiai time.