forum

New Mod for Osu!Mania (Cmod/Speedblock)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +79
show more
Topic Starter
Bara-
It can't, as green sections in autocoverts don't change SV
Only BPM does
The green sections only work in mania-specific
-Maus-
BPM changes =\= SV changes people what the hell

And if you don't want BPM changes, play with steady BPM, it's already an option

What's the problem
Rilene

Transformau5 wrote:

BPM changes =\= SV changes people what the hell

And if you don't want BPM changes, play with steady BPM, it's already an option

What's the problem
Well, you're basically like telling us to walk on water on bare feet.
Minhtam
But if this were to be implemented, wouldn't the following have to happen:

1. Either the score from Cmod will be Unranked or there would be a severe x0.50 score multiplier, OR
2. The entire ranking system would have to be adjusted to ignore speed ups and slowdowns on the maps.
Halogen-
Against this. Beatmappers have complete control as to whether or not they want the song to appear to scroll constantly; if they have a song with BPM changes and they don't proportion the SVs accordingly, then it's obvious that they want the players to have to deal with those changes during play.
lenpai
Ok sorry for that, although it isn't that necessary since autoconverts shouldnt really be played. Wouldn't mind if it gets implemented though.

As for mania maps with bpm changes, im with halogen.
Riwer

Halogen- wrote:

Against this. Beatmappers have complete control as to whether or not they want the song to appear to scroll constantly; if they have a song with BPM changes and they don't proportion the SVs accordingly, then it's obvious that they want the players to have to deal with those changes during play.
Don't tell me how I should play.

Is the same for storyboards or videos. Beatmappers can put on their songs, but the choice is up to you.

I should be forced to play with storyboard or video? No, speed changes should be the same, because is only visual (no skill related). So should be optional even for ranked with no penalty.
Bobbias
Not skill related? Sorry but that's very wrong. You know why I can't pass Wintersun 7k or Oni Kanojo's hardest difficulties? The 0.5x slowdowns in both of them kill me. While many short SV effects can be sightread pretty easily, there is most definitely skill involved in doing so, and this is far more noticeable when dealing with long sections of slowdown or speedups.

I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of a cmod type mod, but it MUST be unranked if it were implemented because SVs most definitely require skill to deal with.
Valedict

Riwer wrote:

I should be forced to play with storyboard or video? No, speed changes should be the same, because is only visual (no skill related). So should be optional even for ranked with no penalty.

because is only visual (no skill related)

visual

Are you implying being able to read slowjams and having fast reaction speed to handle speed ups aren't skill related? This isn't Stepmania brother.
lemonguy

Riwer wrote:

Is the same for storyboards or videos. Beatmappers can put on their songs, but the choice is up to you.

SV effects are part of what the mapper included in their maps. Taking them out means you are removing parts of the map. All players should have to deal with the SV effects that the mapper included. It's clear that you only want the maps to be easier for yourself by not including the SVs. And just like Bobbias said, SVs are definitely skill related, using the slowjam in Wintersun or Oni Kanojo for examples. Big Money and Conflict are two other examples of maps that have slowjam that definitely makes it more difficult for the players, but while being intended to do so.

If there is to be a mod like this, it would need to be unranked, because you are removing necessary parts of the map.
Halogen-

Riwer wrote:

Halogen- wrote:

Don't tell others how they shouldn't play. Beatmappers can put it on their songs, but the choice for you to play it is up to you. Storyboards and videos are not synonymous because they do not directly affect gameplay. If you think that SVs are only visual and have no skill, I highly implore you to play songs that have extended slowdowns and tell me if you could do the same thing on both speeds. If there's no skill required to do either, then you should score the same, right?

Please.
Bobbias
Also, I'd like to see you play this and tell me SVs are 'only visual'. This is a video of me playing the stepmania chart Wrapped Around the Pole first on xmods (with speed changes) and then without (cmod speeds):

Sea_Food
Tbh the scrore multiplier on this mod should be 1.0. Speed changes should be a gimmick that some masochist can play with if they feel like it, not part of the competive ranking. But I would also rather have a 0.9 multiplier or even unranked mod, then atleast i could play all of the maps.
OperaMini0
if random is unranked i don't know why anyone could think that cmod would be ranked
Sea_Food

OperaMini0 wrote:

if random is unranked i don't know why anyone could think that cmod would be ranked
Because random is a "fun" extra mod that makes the gameplay feel different. Cmod is something that the game should have always been. If anything cmod should be ranked, and having cmod turned off should be unranked.
Cra Dow
Cmod, if implemented should be unranked (with score redution of 0,9 for multiplayer[still unranked]), only for practicing before trying sv version of the map.
Remyria
I support, so I could S "System of a Down - Vicinity of Obscenity [Impossible]" x_x
PyaKura
No problem with it as long as it's unranked. I do dislike slowjams in general but that's just me sucking at them, objectively there is 0 reason not to have them for ranked play.
Ryu Sei
C-mod is the typical practice mod that makes player could memorize the notes before the real play (plus SVs, ofc).
It could make some mappers don't need to waste their time ONLY to remove all SVs on their chart (though it's pending/WIP) and put the "C-speed"/"No SV" suffix on the diffname.

So, yes.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Time for a bump ^_^